Reformed shopaholic? please can you give me the benefit of your advice

Options

Comments

• Anglea
    Anglea Posts: 7,204 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all

NGlady - I've got to keep my eye on you so have to check up now and again LOL

Yesterday I spotted a new clothes shop in the village, not open yet. Hope the clothes are suitable for all ages.

For many years now all the smart dress shops have closed and there's only Peacocks, the Factory shop (only 7 day returns period then a credit note) and New Look. So you can find little old ladies wearing short shorts and low tops - can be a bit unnerving to encounter!

Luckily we do have charity shops as well as the exclusive designer boutique that uses clothes for celebrity photo shoots, no idea who buys anything from there it's always empty when I dare to look inside.

When it opened we all thought it was another charity shop with the rack of clothes outside - until we saw the prices!!:mad:

CL - what happened on your shopping trip?

Hope you all have a good day and confessions welcome :rotfl:
  • NGlady
    NGlady Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    Options
    Hey Angela :) Yep you can be my MSE shopping concions lol.
    does mke me laugh when u see aa shop sometimes, it looks like cheap rubbish but its actually designer, and your like "as ifff" its worth that :)
    Going to tidy up a little bit tonight I think, ahead of my trip to manchester :)
    Learning to be 'good with money'
  • Anglea
    Options
    Hi all

NGlady - I don't think you mentioned Manchester before...........?

The new store in the village is called Store Twenty One -a sort of New Look/Peacocks type with some home things too - anyone heard of that before?
  • NGlady
    Options
    I havn't heard of it before Ang :)

I know, I only decided today :) Hopeing its not too hot though, as im feeling really lazy tonight and the thought of preparing my toenails/shaving my legs/etc to be able to wear a dress, im not feeling so its skinnies and trainers :D lol.

Thinking of taking a little bit of "homework" to do on the train :) Feel quite odd about three hours of time wasted on the train, even if I only brain storm a few things itll be a little more useful :)
  • CompletelyLost
    CompletelyLost Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi folks, sorry for the lack of update.

Well my shopping trip lasted the best part of 30-minutes..! The bonus (if you could call it that) was that I didn't have to pay train fare home - transport came courtesy of the NHS!!! Won't go into too much detail but we were in a shop and something happened, so they had to call an ambulance (not for me) and we sat in the hospital for the best part of the day.

Up until that point I had spent £55 :S I dread to think what would've happened if I'd been there all day. But yeah, the past few days have been a complete splurge-athon and I feel very very bad for it.

I will catch up on all your posts later on, haven't been around so need to catch up xx
  • morocha
    morocha Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Options
    Hi ya girls... you all doing ok... well spending, spending....
    i am not being much here, i am trying to lose weight some days and others days too bored... ALso the Wc is on.. and i am football fan.. so i am watching a lot of it, but not shoping much... yesterday went to Cheshire oaks and bought 3 bras(£5 each + underwear (2£)) + 1 pair of jeans in Next (£4). total spent £21 but i dont remember last time i bought some clothes...
    I dont know why i buy jeans.. my oh says i should be more girly and use more dresses... all the ones i have got are too posh to just pop into town or the cinema... ithink i need some basics ones.
    Mejor morir de pie que vivir toda una vida de rodillas.
  • NGlady
    Options
    CL - hope everything is ok hon. Don't feel too bad about having a splurge once in a while, ur very well behaved most of the time, im sure even Angela wont tell you off ;)

Morocha - you clearly like jeans, you wear them :) dress for you hon.
  • Anglea
    Options
    Hi all

CL - sorry to hear your news (yes, I read about your shopping, tut tut) - did something happen to your mum? You don't have to tell us, but I hope everything is alright and we missed your update.

Morocha, those clothes you bought sound like proper bargains, hope you have enough space for them unlike me as I can't open my drawers or wardrobe properly LOL

NGlady - what type of homework are you referring to - sale catalogues :) or academic? Have a good time, hope it won't be too hot for you wearing jeans - and don't buy too much, that's an order!

I bought something I really didn't need today but 'had to' :( I was feeling stressed over something that happened yesterday and is at the back of my mind all the time.
  • CompletelyLost
    CompletelyLost Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yeah Anglea it did, but nothing too bad thankfully. I've just read back about the funeral, I hope you are ok and it went as well as these things can go. What did you buy, if you don't mind me being nosey?

NG: that's fab about the Jobcentre rebate, I love it when money turns up unexpectedly :D You should treat yourself to the blazer, you've done amazingly... if I was working I would probably end up spending every penny I made :S

Well during my ridculously short shopping trip I bought........ three basic vests (£11), some gladiator sandals which I lurveeeee (£20), a(nother) :o floral vest (£8) & a floral bodycon dress (£7.50 - bit of an adventurous purchase but I'm *hoping* that when I lose a tad more weight it will look fab with leggings).

Errm what else... 2x necklaces (£4), some undies and pjs (£10,50). I spent £61 actually, not £55!

So yeah, someone slap my wrists... but I must say, all of the tops I bought were a size 12 and I'm usually a 14-16! So that felt good :) Only thing is, for some reason my stomach looks like it's sticking out more because I have lost weight from everywhere else - grrrrrrrrrrr!
  • NGlady
    Options
    Angela - I am doing an NVQ paid for by work, and i've become a little addicted to it. It is a real big opportunity that i've never been given before, in a company that there is visible space for progression :)

CL - bodycon... go you! I would make the kids cry if I wore that lol.

Angela - Was it another book?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport