We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 10

1…255256258260261…1183

Comments

  • feelinggood_2
    feelinggood_2 Posts: 11,115 Forumite
    While we are all debating this sensitive subject and being so open, I would like to ask those who FF: "What would have enabled/persuaded you to breastfeed (or continued to breastfeed)". It is something I often wonder about, when thinking about how 'we' (everyone) can help mothers' to breastfeed.
    Stay-at-home, attached Mummy to a 23lb 10oz, 11 month old baby boy.
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    SusanC wrote: »
    What I was trying to say was that the way people are made to feel like they have "failed" for not breastfeeding could be a contributory factor to the difference in attachment. I'm sorry if I sounded like I was saying weezl (or anyone else here) is not properly attached to their child as that was not what I meant (and is not what I think).

    I didn't think that's what you said, lovely girl. I was thinking that it probably doesn't make an appreciable difference to attachment but that the extra worry caused by thinknig there might be is as bad, and then I was thinking about how peplle as,ume htey can just step in and do mummy stuff and was very :mad:

    Molly helping ma type orry fr typeos

    Gorgeous pictures BM and csh, Molly was distracted for long enough that I'm allowed my laptop back. She's now licking my arm...
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I FF, and have never BF either of my two and had no intention of doing so either. Each to their own I say. And i may get shot down but (shrugs) it proper winds me up that i can't get boots points on stage 1 and 2 milk, because this would be promoting FF.:( And i'm sure i'm not alone.


    I was the same with my two. I also feel as I started off knowing I was going to FF that I was able to enjoy him from the start with no worries about feeding. I was relatively stress free and could enjoy my time with them as tiny babies
    Each to their own and all that :)
  • boogellyboo
    boogellyboo Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    SS - Id say the snugglenest was worth it even though I didn't use it for very long. When Isla was still a dink it did stop me worrying so much. Very mse, I picked mine up in tk maxx for £14 five days before Isla was born. If I spot another I can pick it up for you and if you get to Manchester meet up?

    Buttons and CSH those pics are lovely. i seewhat you mean though buttons about her fringe, but she's still a cutie :)

    SM - dont hide :D
    Belly Monkey arrived 19.11.09 :j
  • Feelie, I just plainly didnt want to with Jasmine, and if it wasnt for the fact Dylan was sick I wouldnt have done with him either !! (I actually only expressed for him for 2 weeks as I then dried up when he was still in NICU) Dont think anything would have helped, its just not something I feel strongly about, and its also not something I am used to either seeing or doing.

    I really dont think you are ever going to get every mother to BF, and I personally dont think that is an issue. There is a lot of money spent on researching formula and they are very well thought out to provide the nutrition baby needs, so it is a very good option for a lot of mothers
    The two best things I have done with my life
    :TDD 5/11/02 :j DS 17/6/09 :T
    STOPTOBER CHALLANGE ... here we go !!
  • elle_gee
    elle_gee Posts: 8,584
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Interesting question Feelie :) Last week at training we were talking about the reasons mums stop BFing, both in the first few weeks and longer term. Don't know what's on the agenda for today, but maybe it's the answer to your question.. :)
  • Buttonmoons
    Buttonmoons Posts: 13,323 Forumite
    No boogey lol, that's a pic I took of her, her fringe was in her face there too, but it was still swept more to the side. Hang on, I've took a blurry pic of the one from the school and you'll see what I mean.
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    While we are all debating this sensitive subject and being so open, I would like to ask those who FF: "What would have enabled/persuaded you to breastfeed (or continued to breastfeed)". It is something I often wonder about, when thinking about how 'we' (everyone) can help mothers' to breastfeed.


    I think it can 'help' if people can just accept that not everyone WANTS to BF. Not CAN'T.

    Nothing could have persuaded me to BF because I didn't want to.
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    csh sounds abit heated ... not usually quiet with my opinions but this is a very sensitive subject and people can take things wrote the wrong way as you can see people experssions or hear how its said x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • Buttonmoons
    Buttonmoons Posts: 13,323 Forumite
    Voila.

    DSC05701.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.