We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 10

1…257258260262263…1183

Comments

  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Morning, lovely piccys being posted this morning! X

    Edit, afternoon!
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    csh bf/ff debate ... no you sounding heated the discussion :) x


    Right. I thought that you thought I'd got a bit het up over my mac cheese recipe :D
  • feelinggood_2
    feelinggood_2 Posts: 11,115 Forumite
    emlou2009 wrote: »
    Nothing that anyone could have done anything about, unless its possible to train a two week old baby not to cry at the sight of my nipples.

    Feelie, I admire you for eventually getting there on the whole BF thing, and please dont take this the wrong way, but I think you are reading too much into this. I do remember you said yourself once that even you thought the reason you got there in the end was because of your addictive/compulsive personality, and what with growing up around it with your mother as a BF counseller, maybe you cant understand why people wouldnt want to BF or havent got as much determination to succeed as you did? This is honestly not meant with any intention of offending you.

    I have no problem with people saying they didn't want to breastfeed, or didn't enjoy it, or wanted to formula feed for ease, convience etc. It is just most Mum's I've spoken said they couldn't, or had to stop, or that they wanted to continue but weren't able to.

    I can understand the distress of a baby crying at the breast, I firmly believe that it was Toby being manhandled by a midwife that meant he didn't want to be near the breast at first - he'd arch his back, scream and get very worked up :(

    I think my breastfeeding opinion is that almost all problems can be solved with the right help and support and time. I know that sometimes people don't have those resources, or don't feel it is worth the battle to overcome them, but I just feel like I want to challenge them sometimes, because I don't like the myth that breastfeeding often doesn't work being perpetuated.

    Does that make sense?
    Stay-at-home, attached Mummy to a 23lb 10oz, 11 month old baby boy.
  • feelinggood_2
    feelinggood_2 Posts: 11,115 Forumite
    csh wrote: »
    I think it can 'help' if people can just accept that not everyone WANTS to BF. Not CAN'T.

    Nothing could have persuaded me to BF because I didn't want to.

    Thanks CSH. Can I be even more nosey and ask why you didn't want to? I admire you for your honesty about not wanting to - I get the impression that most women don't want to admit that.
    Stay-at-home, attached Mummy to a 23lb 10oz, 11 month old baby boy.
  • elle, I told Chris last night I was going to try Dylan on weetabix this morning, and he finished the box last night before he went to bed !! So he had to have blueberry porridge instead which he loved !!
    The two best things I have done with my life
    :TDD 5/11/02 :j DS 17/6/09 :T
    STOPTOBER CHALLANGE ... here we go !!
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    csh wrote: »
    Right. I thought that you thought I'd got a bit het up over my mac cheese recipe :D

    i get het up over mine ... my sauce always goes wrong :rotfl:x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I should still buy it though shouldn't I? I mean her fringe is in her face a bit but she still looks cute.


    ARGH.

    I bought all DD's. They mostly live in a drawer tho :o

    She does look cute!I think its a nice photo.
    But then, other people don't see photos the same way Mummy does cos Mum knows if its a real smile or not!
  • workinmummy
    workinmummy Posts: 1,479
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    : "What would have enabled/persuaded you to breastfeed (or continued to breastfeed)". QUOTE]

    Nothing, just didn't want to. The thought of it makes my toes curl.
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    edited 3 February 2010 at 1:19PM
    Maddy loves weetabix, mind you, she loves all food!

    I'd forgotton how tricky a crawling baby is, was pulling my hair out this morning for a bit until I re-organised a couple of things. :o:rotfl:
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • boogellyboo
    boogellyboo Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Buttons how much are they? Maybe if your really not happy with it get a photo shoot done for her or spend the same on an outfit she wants and if your good with a camera take some yourself and their then her 'school' piccies?
    Belly Monkey arrived 19.11.09 :j
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.