We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 10

1…254255257259260…1183

Comments

  • Buttonmoons
    Buttonmoons Posts: 13,323 Forumite
    Okay I have mustard, dijon I think? I don't think I have nutmeg though. I will go to lidl and get super strong cheese then :D I love mac n cheese too, with chips and garlic bread.....God I'm hungry.


    Keira screamed when I gave her a hamburger for tea, I had made it from scratch aswell (It did taste pants though).......
  • workinmummy
    workinmummy Posts: 1,479
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 3 February 2010 at 12:44PM
    Catchin up from when i left work yesterday.

    Jam lovely photo of Charlotte.
    Caz love the story about Charlie saying night night puddy cat. So glad you are feeling much more positive. .Men just can't handle the fact that we don't actually need them.

    Glad everyone had a good time as TC meet. Not jealous at all. Work was riveting instead. :p Sorry your OH is being a pain Glam. Would call for major silent teatment in my house!

    Hugs to MDF .

    I FF, and have never BF either of my two and had no intention of doing so either. Each to their own I say. And i may get shot down but (shrugs) it proper winds me up that i can't get boots points on stage 1 and 2 milk, because this would be promoting FF.:( And i'm sure i'm not alone.
  • Morning all,

    We had a loooonngg night as Isla decided sleepings no fun but feeding for hours on end, grinning at muumy between every mouthful and giggling lots is. Very cute at 4am *yawn*



    This is something that plays on my mind, I'd happily go through two labours if it cancelled out the initial toe curling, eye-watering feeds. As Isla fed so much last night this morning one boobs in agony and I've had to get the lansinoh out for the first time in weeks. My nearly 11 week old thinks she's a newborn again :oWe were the same last week so maybe it's a growth spurt? Back to more normal feeding and non-sore nipples now though thankfully.



    Eeek! Just remembered I was meant to be at sling meet at 11! Looks like I won't be going this month then as by the time I get there now it'll be over. Must get a wall planner for the fridge door to put reminders on.



    MFD I think you've come across really well, I think an inclusive group would be a great idea. I wouldn't have a clue where to start with formula and even after standing reading the tubs in asda was still none the wiser. (I was having a bad day at the 6 week growth spurt but we got through it)
    I hope everything goes ok with your husbands op too.

    Susan we have a snuggle nest as OH was against me co-sleeping and this was a compromise. I did find it helpful at first but it got thrown out of the bed quite quickly and we now fully co-sleep. I do think it helped bridge the gap between moses basket and directly in our bed for OH to be aware of her in the bed. I think Gisi had one too for Henry. The same really- used it for a couple of weeks, now he tends to just sleep next to me after his early morning feed (cot most of the night).

    Elle - hope the group goes well today.

    I've forgotten everything else, sorry :o

    See my comments above- I think we have parrallel lives with our due date sharing babies!
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    why is one of my sold ebay items saying second chance offer? x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 3 February 2010 at 3:30PM
    Okay I have mustard, dijon I think? I don't think I have nutmeg though. I will go to lidl and get super strong cheese then :D I love mac n cheese too, with chips and garlic bread.....God I'm hungry.


    Keira screamed when I gave her a hamburger for tea, I had made it from scratch aswell (It did taste pants though).......

    Much prefer a Dipdab to a hamburger myself too :D
    FWIW all DD's school pictures have been horrible! Why do they not take a little more time and get a nice picture?????

    She got a photo shoot experience for her Christmas and I'm delighted to at last have a half decent photo of her!
  • SusanC_2
    SusanC_2 Posts: 5,344
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Sorry, I'm ranting now.
    I like your rants.
    SugarSpun wrote: »
    Edit: Susan, I was thinking specifically about Weezlie because she posted right there and it was really playing on my mind.
    Sorry - maybe I didn't word my post very well but I was originally responding to this post of weezl's:
    weezl74 wrote: »
    I feel the whole midwifery/HV/medical profession need to seriously consider the ramifications of the decision to let the rule be 'don't promote Formula feeding' because of the effects that this has.
    ...
    I also feel that by giving very little mention to FF (in order to demonstrate they are not promoting it in anyway) some of the adverse effects of FF (the reasons why BF is shown to have advantages) are not offset/compensated for in the life of a child.:(

    Example: studies show that BF children are more securely attached to their mum.:)
    ...
    So would it not be much more forward thinking to have feeding support groups which show mums who need to make the decision to FF for whatever reason, how to closely match the BF experience for the baby, just at an attachment level?
    What I was trying to say was that the way people are made to feel like they have "failed" for not breastfeeding could be a contributory factor to the difference in attachment. I'm sorry if I sounded like I was saying weezl (or anyone else here) is not properly attached to their child as that was not what I meant (and is not what I think).
    Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.
    2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    why is one of my sold ebay items saying second chance offer? x

    Until your buyer pays it gives you the option to offer it to the next higgest bidder
    HTH
  • workinmummy
    workinmummy Posts: 1,479
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Gorgeous pic Boo. Sooo cute.

    Also csh, gorgeous photo of your daughter
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    csh wrote: »
    Until your buyer pays it gives you the option to offer it to the next higgest bidder
    HTH

    riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight sorry didnt mean to jump in i just paniced id done something wrong .. :o i'll go back to hiding now :rotfl:x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • Buttonmoons
    Buttonmoons Posts: 13,323 Forumite
    CSH that's a gorgeous picture! Your DD is lovely looking so I doubt her pictures could of been terrible, but I agree, plus they posed Keira like some cheesy American greeting card.

    We were thinking we would take her to get some decent pictures taken. Maybe for her birthday? She is a bit of a poser.

    That was my dibdab :(
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.