We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 10

1…258259261263264…1183

Comments

  • elle_gee
    elle_gee Posts: 8,584
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    elle, I told Chris last night I was going to try Dylan on weetabix this morning, and he finished the box last night before he went to bed !! So he had to have blueberry porridge instead which he loved !!

    Your own mix, or the C&G Apple and Blueberry 7mth one? We have some of that in the cupboard but I'm trying to use up all the 4mth stuff (making it really thick) first - how very MSE ;) In fact, I was thinking if giving porridge for pud cos Rhys seems to have gone off yoghurt (too thin, I think).
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Ooooh, don't start me on BF czars - Andrew could have been home at least a week earlier if someone had taken me aside and said "Actually there's nothing wrong with bottle-feeding EBM, and even bottle-feeding formula - why don't you give that a go instead of stressing about BF and beating yourself up when it doesn't work?" [Admittedly he'd have been home on oxygen then, but at least he'd have been home!]

    I really felt like the NICU nurses had a "target" to reach in terms of discharging babies as BF, I had to insist on trying Andrew on a bottle instead.
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

    MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

    :) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • buttons, I think the photo is beautiful !!
    Our school does crap photos one year, and then we get proper professional ones the next !!

    Means you can have one every year if you really want to, but get extra gorgeous ones every other !!

    This was Jasmines last year :D
    6731_123395954922_714464922_3069794_6172538_n.jpg
    The two best things I have done with my life
    :TDD 5/11/02 :j DS 17/6/09 :T
    STOPTOBER CHALLANGE ... here we go !!
  • Mazcabs
    Mazcabs Posts: 2,108
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    And i may get shot down but (shrugs) it proper winds me up that i can't get boots points on stage 1 and 2 milk, because this would be promoting FF.:( And i'm sure i'm not alone.

    I agree...its the same in all supermarkets - think they dont like the fact they would have to give som many points away as well ;)
    While we are all debating this sensitive subject and being so open, I would like to ask those who FF: "What would have enabled/persuaded you to breastfeed (or continued to breastfeed)". It is something I often wonder about, when thinking about how 'we' (everyone) can help mothers' to breastfeed.

    Feelie - With Henry I had ECS and they lost a needle in theatre so I didnt make it out for nearly 3 hrs after he was born so they gave him a bottle. He never really latched on properly after that, in fact I spent nearly 5 weeks feeding him with a bottle teat on my boob as he wouldnt go direct at any costm even with a nipple shield - HV at the time tried everything. TMI alert - Also I was very constipated from the iron tablets and didnt go for 9 days:eek: Which ultimately meant I couldnt physically sit down to BF and was very stressed. he was having more and more FF and enjoying it more TBH

    With William you may remember I was having problems as I had too much milk and he was constantly sick when I fed him either direct or EBM. It affected my relationship with Henry and OH was v supportive in that I had done as well as the cows did on his old farm by giving him the first 2 weeks but in the end I managed 6 weeks which I feel is better than nothing
    Mum to 2 lovely boys who keep me busy.
  • elle_gee
    elle_gee Posts: 8,584
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Tigs, I've been meaning to msg (via FB!) the breastfeeding nurse on our NNU. I often wonder exactly what they expected us to be doing now.. I know it was special circumstances that they let Rhys home with a tube (because they thought he would have it for years, not months), but I do wonder what they expected me to be putting down said tube now, as long-term expressing was never ever mentioned to me.. :cool:
  • Buttonmoons
    Buttonmoons Posts: 13,323 Forumite
    I can tick the box saying I want it in black and white.

    That photo is lovely MM. The photo would of been perfect if her teacher hadn't touched her hair *hmmmph*

    No, I like the picture, she looks cute in it, so I will buy it, you get a set for like £20, so not much at the end of the day, and it means we can keep a copy and give grandparents etc one too.

    Plus, you end up feeling like you HAVE to buy a picture otherwise your a terrible parent lol
  • tarajayne wrote: »
    Maddy loves weetabix, mind you, she loves all food!

    I'd forgotton how tricky a crawling baby is, was pulling my hair out this morning for a bit until I re-organised a couple of things. :o:rotfl:

    hmm, part of me is quite content that it will be a while before my baby is mobile :o although he can go the whole length of the room laying on his back and pushing !!
    elle_gee wrote: »
    Your own mix, or the C&G Apple and Blueberry 7mth one? We have some of that in the cupboard but I'm trying to use up all the 4mth stuff (making it really thick) first - how very MSE ;) In fact, I was thinking if giving porridge for pud cos Rhys seems to have gone off yoghurt (too thin, I think).

    The C & G one, we finished the 4mth stuff yesterday which is why I was for trying weetabix !!
    The two best things I have done with my life
    :TDD 5/11/02 :j DS 17/6/09 :T
    STOPTOBER CHALLANGE ... here we go !!
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks CSH. Can I be even more nosey and ask why you didn't want to? I admire you for your honesty about not wanting to - I get the impression that most women don't want to admit that.


    I've got no problems in admitting that I make desisions that are best for me and my baby.

    I have lots of reasons why I don't want to that I'll not write here because I'm not getting into having to justify myself to anyone :)

    The main reason being I just don't want to!

    BF for me isn't the be all and end all of being a Mummy. Its just not that important to me, I have 2 happy healthy children that have thrived on having a happy Mummy and formula :A
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    SusanC wrote: »
    I'm sorry if I sounded like I was saying weezl (or anyone else here) is not properly attached to their child as that was not what I meant (and is not what I think).

    I know that. Thank you :)


    Properly attached eh?

    DH was going to offer him on freecycle this morning after another 3 am wake up!
    :rotfl:

    :hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • workinmummy
    workinmummy Posts: 1,479
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    SusanC wrote: »
    Do you get points on bottles and teats etc.? But Boots can set the price at anything they want so if they had the points it might be 4% more expensive but give you ponts.



    Yes you do get points on bottles and teats. Price in boots is same as asda, tesco, sainsburys etc..... But just because you get it on the equipmentment, doesn't mean you shouldn't get it on the milk.

    I'll step away from this one now. Off to boots during lunch, to go buy some baby milk....... no seriously I am.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.