We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 10

1…261262264266267…1183

Comments

  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Friggen dusting is soooo pointless!!! It just comes back.
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    invoice sent .. thanks sami .. im starting to get the hang of this :D :rotfl: x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • SusanC_2
    SusanC_2 Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    csh wrote: »
    I love jam and cheese on a sandwich. A miners piece!
    OH says I'm disgusting :-(
    Nowt wrong wi that.
    Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.
    2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"
  • tarajayne wrote: »
    Friggen dusting is soooo pointless!!! It just comes back.

    I know !! Same as putting toys away ..:rotfl:
    The two best things I have done with my life
    :TDD 5/11/02 :j DS 17/6/09 :T
    STOPTOBER CHALLANGE ... here we go !!
  • FWIW I am frequently a little freaked out by BF!!

    Most of the time I think it is a wonderful thing and my body is a miracle for producing something that makes my child grow :D

    Other times I think it is freaky, especially as Benjamin gets a bit older and there are no real 'symptoms' of BF for me, that Benjamin just latches on and my body turns on a tap :o


    My niece decided not to BF after she had a dream that her nipples fell off :rotfl::rotfl:no amount of reassurance that BF doesn't leave you nippleless helped!!!
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    on the cheese and jam sandwich ... throw an egg on that and thats one of my bros fav sandwhich _pale_ x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • emlou2009
    emlou2009 Posts: 4,016 Forumite
    I send a invoice every day til they pay too! I opened a case on someone on day 4 last week cos I sent an invoice every day and they didnt pay, they paid within 3 minutes of the case being opened, willy heads!

    Can someone please come and make me some mac and cheese? I only have asda smart price penne though and it doesnt go as delightfully squidgy as macaroni :(
    Mummy to
    DS (born March 2009)

    DD (born January 2012)
  • three2be
    three2be Posts: 986 Forumite
    Dose anyone know why it is so bad to use a pillow with a NB, please don't stone me but i used a small pillow last night when Aiden wouldn't settle and i desperately needed to pee(literally could not stand upright lol), when i got back he was sound asleep. So i removed the pillow and within a few minutes he was up, put the pillow under him (under his back not just his head) and he fell asleep again, but he woke up a couple of minutes after i took it away again.

    He seems to like the position of it won't sleep on his back and turns himself onto his side but wakes after a few minutes but last night he slept for as long as the pillow was under him.

    Anyone any ideas how to recreate the effect of the pillow without using one?
    Would it be OK to put something under the legs of the cot or the mattress.

    Lovely projectile vomit....................... back in 10 min
    [STRIKE]Little bump 3 on it's way[/STRIKE]:j
    [STRIKE]Due 31/01/2010[/STRIKE]
    Baby Aiden
    born 26th Jan :T
  • emlou2009
    emlou2009 Posts: 4,016 Forumite
    Aless, how about sleeping him on a wedge? IIRC Angelfairy got one in wilkinsons cheaply. I think its the squidgyness of the pillow, if they turn their heads or manage to roll over they couldnt get themselves out of it?
    Mummy to
    DS (born March 2009)

    DD (born January 2012)
  • SusanC_2
    SusanC_2 Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I also think your experience of what people around you and your family have done and their sttitudes probably makes a big difference. Aside from the fact that I didn't even realise breastfeeding wasn't the norm, my mum breastfed us (although she did supplement with some of us), my mum was breastfed, OH was breastfed and I've never experienced negativity from anyone about my breastfeeding (not even when breastfeeding a 2 1/2 year old in public). Even my grandad told me (after asking whether I was breastfeeding) that he and my grandma always thought it was best to breastfeed as long as you can.
    Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.
    2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.