PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What have you baked today?

Comments

• Spirit_2
    Spirit_2 Posts: 5,546 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Technically I have not baked anything but........wemhave not gone short.

Our neighbour baked us an apple pie to thank us for helping out during the snow

DD baked a marble cake, banana cake, lemon drizzle, co!!!! cake and ginger bread shapes.

Mr Spirit made bread

and as I returned the pie plate to our neighbour a second neighbour popped round and to deliver another apple pie to thank us for doing their shopping when it snowed.

fantastic
  • angeltreats
    angeltreats Posts: 2,286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I did delia's coffee walnut cake today. Her original recipe had a coffee buttercream top and filling, but in her last programme she 'updated' the recipe and said that nowadays she'd do it with mascarpone, into which you just whizz a bit of instant coffee powder and some sugar - much easier. So I thought I'd do that, but I only had coffee granules which I didn't think would dissolve in the mascarpone, and as the mascarpone seemed a bit sloppy I didn't want to dilute the granules with water, SO I added some sugar to the mascarpone and a slug of Camp coffee, and beat it all up, as instructed.
    It looked like non-drip paint, all sludgy, so I popped it in the fridge for an hour but it didn't stiffen up at all. The cake tasted delicious but I'll be going back to buttercream and I thought the mascarpone looked really nasty :eek:

I've been wanting to make this since I saw the programme on Monday, but I don't know if I can find anyone to help me eat it as nobody seems to like coffee cake! If I do find any takers I'll take your advice and stick to the buttercream.
  • mrbadexample
    mrbadexample Posts: 10,805 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ...but I don't know if I can find anyone to help me eat it as nobody seems to like coffee cake!

*cough!*

I made a carrot cake today. :D
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
  • owlet
    owlet Posts: 1,510 Forumite
    Well, apart from a roast dinner & a stew from the turkey carcass, I have made some scones :D. The last of the Christmas rubbish has been consigned to the bin. Not very MS, but very necessary lol.
    SPC 8 (2015) #485 TOTAL: £334.65
    SPC 9 (2016) #485 TOTAL £84
    SPC 10 (2017) # 485 TOTAL: £464.80
    SPC 11 (2018) #485
  • Lippycow
    Lippycow Posts: 312 Forumite
    Lemon and Yogurt Loaf Cake with a lemon glaze:-)
  • Today I baked a chocolate layer cake from the Primrose Bakery recipe book I got for Christmas. I'm practising it for a birthday cake that I need to bake next month, didn't quite realise how large it would come out though! Chocolate layer cake, anyone?!
  • Wholemeal bread and banana loaf for tomorrow's lunch boxes :)
    Snowball DF Nov 2017
    Jan 2011 MBNA £2634.66 Feb £2608.37 Mar £2561.86
  • floyd
    floyd Posts: 2,722 Forumite
    Yesterday I did Delias Key Lime Pie and today I did plum crumble streusel squares to use up some over-set plum jam :)
  • Wholemeal bread and banana loaf for tomorrow's lunch boxes :)

do you have a recipe? i have some bananas to use up
  • misskool
    misskool Posts: 12,832 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Apple oatmeal muffins with a crunchy crumble nut topping for breakfasts next week and home made pizza :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure