PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What have you baked today?

Comments

• Will be tucking into some chicken liver pate for lunch (made last night) and DS wants Victoria Sponge for desert today. I may also try some soft pretzels from a recipe that a kind MSE'r sent me.
    DFW Nerd 941 Proud to be dealing with my debt
    August GC £0/£300

• Risotto - I know you shouldn't bake it but it turns out OK.

Later will make shortbread biccies,gingercake and a giant fruit crumble.
    Put the kettle on. ;)
  • pipkin71
    pipkin71 Posts: 21,821 Forumite
    DS wants Victoria Sponge for desert today.

I haven't got the energy for any baking today - it's all I can do to get dinner done :D but this recipe comes in handy at times :)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=523656&postcount=134

I discovered it again recently, so it has been on the menu a few times since :)
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
  • jammy_dodger
    jammy_dodger Posts: 1,925 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    peanut butter brownies for lunch boxes and choc chip millies cookies Mmmmmm love the smell of home bakin on sucha drab day that it is here ,Hppy bakin day everyone
  • ubamother wrote: »
    nutella oat biscuits

Mmm - do you have a recipe for these please?
    pipkin71 wrote: »
    I haven't got the energy for any baking today - it's all I can do to get dinner done :D but this recipe comes in handy at times :)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=523656&postcount=134

I discovered it again recently, so it has been on the menu a few times since :)

And mmmm again! Thanks for that recipe. Looks like a handy one to pull out at the last minute.
    DFW Nerd 941 Proud to be dealing with my debt
    August GC £0/£300

• Zazen999
    Zazen999 Posts: 6,183 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    And now I'm making home made hoummus.
  • nsimpson123
    nsimpson123 Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    Just making a lemon drizzle cake, then gonna put my shoulder of lamb in the oven, then a banana pudding, I'm feeling very domesticated today.
  • pipkin71
    Just making a lemon drizzle cake, then gonna put my shoulder of lamb in the oven, then a banana pudding, I'm feeling very domesticated today.

I was looking at a lemon drizzle cake recipe in my 'hairy bikers' mums know best' book :)

It's definitely one to make at some point.
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
  • pipkin71
    choc chip millies cookies

Have you the recipe for these please, jammy dodger?

DDs love millies cookies :)
  • i've made seeded rolls today. Might do something else later if i can work up the energy
    Sealed pot member 735
    Frugal Living Challenge 2011
    GC 2011 404.92/2400
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills