PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What have you baked today?

Options

Comments

• janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    JIL wrote: »
    I made some cheese scones and some chocolate chip muffins.

I used to have a really good muffin recipe, I think it was on the box the muffin cases came in. None ihave made since have been as good. Tonights were a bit like the texture of Yorkshire puddings with chocolate. :(

I think I know the one you mean as I kept the details!

250g ( 8 oz) SR Flour- sifted
    75g/3 oz caster sugar
    1/4 level teaspoon salt
    125g/4oz butter,melted
    2 size 3 eggs
    1 tsp vanilla essence
    300 ml/1/2 pt milk
    115g pack of chocolate drops

Place the flour sugar salt and melted butter ,eggs vannila essence in a bowl

Whisk together to make a smooth batter. Stir in the choc drops then divide the mixture between 12 muffin cases in muffin or deep bun tins

Bake in a pre heated oven 200 deg C 400 deg F Gas mark 6 for 20- 25 mins until well risen and golden

Remove muffins from tin and allow to cool on wire rack

Cooking time 20- 25 mins
    Makes 12 muffins

Hope this is the one you had in mind!
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I made some Oreo Cupcakes and Coconut Macaroons with Pineapple Cream filling (macaroons were a disaster need more practice)
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    A chocolate cake ( plus two smaller ones for the freezer) filled with hm damson jam. Had a slice with a cup of tea and sat in the garden enjoying the sun. Bliss:)
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Green chile cheese cornbread to go with chicken stew.
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    janb5 wrote: »
    Place the flour sugar salt and melted butter ,eggs vannila essence in a bowl

Whisk together to make a smooth batter.
    Isn't it the whisking that make it tough? Whisk away the wet ingredients, I say, until the point that the flour goes in - then stir in using the minimum number of strokes.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Today i made DD2s birthday cake

IMG_0800_zps4em6xu61.jpg
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Freespirit - that's looks great, I bet she'll be thrilled :)

I've made some meringues and some mayonnaise with the yolks. Planning a lemon polenta cake, as its one of my favourites and rarely bake things for me ;)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    Today i made DD2s birthday cake

IMG_0800_zps4em6xu61.jpg
    I love the creativity!

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • VfM4meplse
    edited 16 May 2016 at 6:46PM
    Options
    I've made sugar free banana bread for 2 weeks in a row and whilst it tastes nice, I'd be interested in any other sugar / syrup / sweetener-free recipes tried and tested by OS regulars for snacking on. (I've been relying on ripe bananas, dates and currants for sweetening purposes thus far).

I think I'm going to have to go down the savoury scone route for my next attempt. Or perhaps a savoury rock bun, that could work?

• Happygreen
    Happygreen Posts: 2,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I made a rhubarb meringue cake yesterday. As I am alone with DD2 it seems huge now, what used to last us 2 days as a family of 4 we'll enjoy for a week!
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure