PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

What have you baked today?

Options

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    ^^ I am impressed! I have to be in the mood for rhubarb, which is almost never :D

Still sugar-free and not missing cakes. I was having tea in JL yesterday afternoon and the only savoury "cake" equivalent were cheese scones, which weren't even warm. So I saved myself £2.30 and promised to make a batch this evening, there will be 3 of us plus a princess to polish them off.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Cappella
    Cappella Posts: 748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I haven't posted here before, because I haven't baked since last September after heart problems.
    But a friend is having a coffee morning tomorrow for the BHF; so today I've had the perfect excuse to make a huge cherry and walnut cake, two date and walnut loaves and two Victoria sponges which will be sandwiched together with fresh fruit and cream in the morning.
    I've not eaten so much as a mouthful, but have loved having a reason to bake again :)
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    ^^ I am impressed! I have to be in the mood for rhubarb, which is almost never :D

Still sugar-free and not missing cakes. I was having tea in JL yesterday afternoon and the only savoury "cake" equivalent were cheese scones, which weren't even warm. So I saved myself £2.30 and promised to make a batch this evening, there will be 3 of us plus a princess to polish them off.

You've just reminded me that I bought some rhubarb from Aldi, at the weekend and it's probably hidden behind things in the fridge...must look it out.

I'm just going to try a ' rapid' loaf, in my new toy (a Panasonic bread maker) . So far, basic white, milk bread and two fruit loaves have been a success.

This recipe takes two fewer hours having more yeast and no rest period.
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I made a good old fashioned Victoria Sponge with Raspberry Jam :)
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • Happygreen
    Happygreen Posts: 2,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My meringue cake was last, with redcurrants this time instead of rhubarb ;)
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
  • freespirit66
    Options
    Today i made some Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge for DD1 to take into work, a pregnant lady is craving it apparently :rotfl:
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • freespirit66
    Options
    Today i made a Chocolate Orange Cake by Nigella
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I made a batch of these cheese and chilli scones yesterday, to use up some Wensleydale I'd defrosted but not finished.

I lacked yoghurt (which I sub in for the buttermilk) so soaked an Oatibix in milk to the equivalent volume. It added a nice je ne sais quoi.....in any case the whole lot was demolished fast whilst hot.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • freespirit66
    Options
    Today i made a Bakewell Tart and a Fantasy Cake (a Lisa Faulkner recipe)
  • freespirit66
    Options
    Today i made a Grated Chocolate and Almond Cake a Delia Smith recipe and Liquorice Allsorts Slice a Pinterest recipe :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure