PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

What have you baked today?

Options

Comments

• freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Today i made a Custard Cream Cheesecake from the latest Asda magazine it was nice but quite sickly.
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 1,122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Victoria sandwich in the oven and a huge vat of dried peas in the slow cooker for pea and ham soup.

I will add ham stock, shreds of cooked ham and seasoning later on, The soup will be stashed away in the freezer for colder days and the cake will go within the first few hours I cut into it I expect. I only made it because I am fed up of being asked to pay £2.75 for a sliver of cake from a cafe that tastes like it's been made with lard rather than butter!
    :hello: :wave: please play nicely children !
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Today i baked some Viennese Fingers to eat while watching GBBO tonight
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I made some fruit and oat biscuits yesterday in honour of biscuit week at GBBO - DS2 and DH liked them so much they have all gone....

8878a45ba6891276bf34a3391142cfb6_zpsbarqpmeq.jpg
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • thriftmonster
    Options
    Yesterday we (I have my niece and nephew staying who are 12 and 10) made fairy buns with salted caramel frosting which they then covered in bling (with gold shimmer spray), marble cake, parkin and scones. Today we are attempting GBBO jaffa cakes. There will soon be a shortage of sugar and eggs in W Yorks as dh made chocolate fondants with them the day before.
    “the princess jumped from the tower & she learned that she could fly all along. she never needed those wings.”
    Amanda Lovelace, The Princess Saves Herself in this One
  • freespirit66
    Options
    Today i made Viennese Whirls with a Lemon Curd and Buttercream filling
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Today i made Viennese Whirls with a Lemon Curd and Buttercream filling
    I chanced upon a re-run of a GBBO episode last night - the one where the technical challenge was tarte au citron. That could seriously tempt me back to my sugar-addict ways. :o
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • freespirit66
    Options
    Today i made Earl Grey Tea Shortbread and Butterscotch Banana Bread
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Today i made Earl Grey Tea Shortbread and Butterscotch Banana Bread
    Sounds very yummy indeed. I'm looking forward to hearing what people come up with for the Macmillan Coffee morning.

I think I'll be making pear pastries with the fruit from my granny's tree.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • milasavesmoney
    Options
    Key lime pie with whipped cream
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income