PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What have you baked today?

Options

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    DWhite wrote: »
    V4M - pizza dough doesn't need much fat as a rule, just olive oil is enough. I usually make a basic dough recipe just using strong flour, yeast, salt, sugar and olive oil. Works fine, it's usually a Jamie Oliver recipe I follow I think.
    Thats exactly what I did, the criticism was not enough fat :o
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Thats exactly what I did, the criticism was not enough fat :o

The Jamie Oliver one I'm pretty sure uses more oil

I used to use a Gordon Ramsey one which was 4 or 5 tablespoons of oil. That was the one I posted the pic of that you admired ( sure it was you )

Also kneading it with oil instead of flour makes for a tasty crisp base. Just don't use the extra virgin - a tad too over powering
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    suki1964 wrote: »
    The Jamie Oliver one I'm pretty sure uses more oil

I used to use a Gordon Ramsey one which was 4 or 5 tablespoons of oil. That was the one I posted the pic of that you admired ( sure it was you )

Also kneading it with oil instead of flour makes for a tasty crisp base. Just don't use the extra virgin - a tad too over powering
    Thanks, I'll give it a go and make garlic bread out of it. Can't bear to waste good vegetables on it if its only going to end up in the bin :(
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • freespirit66
    Options
    Today i have made Pumpkin Pie
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • freespirit66
    Options
    Today i have made Christmas Rocky Road a Nigella recipe
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I have made peanut butter cookies which are simply odd and the mixture did not behave at all. I am blaming the flour. The kids say they taste fine.

Baked another fruit cake, which is lovely, and I had a bit of mixture left over so I put it into 6 bun tins and they are rather magnificent, if I say so myself, with a cup of tea. The kids seem to like Christmas cake one year and not the next, so I have stopped making a big one weeks in advance as sometimes it just turns out it is only me eating it, and just make a souped up fruitcake with boozy fruit once a week for December. They are eating it this year.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,297 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 21 December 2016 at 9:38PM
    Options
    Biscotti x 3 varieties... Chocolate & candied ginger, cranberry & pistachio and gluten-free date & walnut. All for gifting.

Have to say next time I bake GF biscotti, I would add xanthan gum as it spread a little too much, but DH reckons it tastes great!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • bargainhunterss
    Options
    Today i have made Christmas Rocky Road a Nigella recipe

That sounds delish freespirit66! Do you have a link to the recipe? :p
    Every act of kindness, no matter how small, isn’t wasted ❤️
    "It’ll be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright - it’s not the end"
    Every pound we spend is a vote for the sort of world we want

2021 wins - 1
  • freespirit66
    Options
    That sounds delish freespirit66! Do you have a link to the recipe? :p

https://www.nigella.com/recipes/christmas-rocky-road :)
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Today i made a Nutella Christmas Tree bake with just nutella and puff pastry
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure