PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What have you baked today?

Options

Comments

• babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 1,122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I made 8 big fruit scones, gorgeous split in two and spread with butter. Nothing nicer with a good cup of tea for an afternoon pick me up.
    :hello: :wave: please play nicely children !
  • *Margaret*
    Options
    I've just taken flapjacks out of the oven. I can make scones and cakes with few problems but somehow whatever recipe I use my flapjacks always come out a bit odd. I make them for someone who can't have wheat and luckily for me they're happy with them however they come out!
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    babyblooz wrote: »
    I made 8 big fruit scones, gorgeous split in two and spread with butter. Nothing nicer with a good cup of tea for an afternoon pick me up.
    I miss scones so much! Perhaps more the afternoon tea ritual than the taste. :o
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 1,122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I love the whole afternoon tea experience. I also love hotel breakfasts, all that white linen and gleaming silverware. I think I was born into the wrong family really, and probably the wrong era as well.:rotfl:
    :hello: :wave: please play nicely children !
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,195 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Intended to make a date and banana cake today but had run out of dates so replaced them with raisins. Still OK, though.
  • freespirit66
    Options
    Today i have made Chocolate Concrete
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • katkin
    katkin Posts: 1,020 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Did a batch of blueberry muffins for lunch boxes and colleagues. I'm on a diet so have no idea how they taste, but they look and smell fine :rotfl:
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    To compensate for the previous post^^^^

I haven't baked for yonks but did eat a freshly baked and very gooey giant triple chocolate cookie this afternoon (I was at a meeting in a hotel). It was so fresh it was still hot from the oven and very melty :)
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Mr_Singleton
    Mr_Singleton Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    Options
    Have lots of baking books, more bakeware than you can shake a stick at but never seem to bake anything.... going to take tomorrow off and bake something....

Watch this space!
  • Rosemary7391
    Rosemary7391 Posts: 2,879 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Go for it Mr_Singleton! Baking is fun :) I made two chocolate cakes this weekend, covered in chocolate ganache, then fondant and decorated. One for a birthday and t'other for church anniversary. Only I went really overboard with the chocolate ganache - the first slice I cut was almost entirely ganache :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure