PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

What have you baked today?

Options

Comments

• chirpychick
    chirpychick Posts: 1,024 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Im just home from work and im about to make

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1997/classic-victoria-sandwich

its the fool proof quick and easy recipe i use.
    Everything is always better after a cup of tea
  • Rebelle
    Rebelle Posts: 84 Forumite
    Options
    kr15snw wrote: »
    Im really wanting to do some white chocolate brownies but have tried a few recipes and they are pants! Lol.

How strange! I came on here to resurrect this thread to post about the white choc and raspberry brownies I've just made coz they are lush I wanted to share the triumph - you might have found a recipe by now kr15 but if not, this is what I did - sure you could leave out the raspberries if you want just white choc brownies. It's a bit of an improvised recipe but it worked and it's really easy:

Mix 4oz self raising flour with 8oz sugar in a bowl, then beat two large eggs with about 100ml sunflower oil (or 4oz melted butter if you prefer) then mix til combined with flour and sugar, add the white choc chips and raspberries (if using) and pour into a lined/greased baking tin. Bake for 20-25 mins at 200 or gas 6, they're done when the top is golden brown and a skewer/knife just comes out clean.

These weren't the most picture-perfect brownies I've made, the top was quite a mottled golden brown colour but the raspberries made them look pretty and they tasted divine - very light but still a bit gooey despite not having any chocolate melted into the mix itself and with a lovely slightly crunchy crust, the raspberries and white choc really complement each other and a fruity brownie (or 'blondie'?) makes a nice change. Will definitely make again!
    Pax Et Bonum
  • GetRealBabe
    GetRealBabe Posts: 2,258 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi

Brown rolls and a wholemeal loaf.:)
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 089-Finally got a signature.:rotfl::j

• brogusblue
    brogusblue Posts: 547 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Well i slightly cheated .. i baked some cakes from the mixes i got at gardeners world live..

I made Betty Crocker Cinnamon Streusel Muffin Mix with a vanilla cream cheese and marscapone filling..

http://www.americanfooddirect.com/cake-mixes/betty-crocker-cinnamon-streusel-muffin-mix-430g.html

I thought i would test my new kitchen gadget out a cupcake corer.. It was on special offer in my local garden centre £1.99

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chicago-Metallic-CMB002-Cupcake-Plunger/dp/B003O47WZA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1309799329&sr=8-3
  • natlie
    natlie Posts: 1,688 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    potatoes lol - cheese and onion stuffed ones, they were lovely but they weren't cake;)
    DMP: £30,668 £3,364.02 DFD July 2024
  • mummysaver
    mummysaver Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Options
    Just baked some soda bread and got potatoes in the oven for the kids tea, and a scrumpy and cinnamon cake a la the Archers Cookbook (recipe in Good Food) is just finishing :)
    GC Oct £387.69/£400, GC Nov £312.58/£400, GC Dec £111.87/£400
  • boredjellybean
    Options
    in the oven today I have a ham baking & can't wait to have it tonight with salad & new potatoes

I've also popped in a pepper to roast, not really sure what I'll do with those maybe pop into a salad
  • anniemf2508
    anniemf2508 Posts: 1,848 Forumite
    Options
    2 batches of twinks hobnobs, 1 normal, 1 gluten free
  • ravylesley
    ravylesley Posts: 1,105 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Chocolate Bread and Toffee Fudge Muffins
  • goobergirl
    goobergirl Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lemon drizzle loaf, made this afternoon and which has been completely polished off already by the OH and kids:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure