PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What have you baked today?

Options

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    The name does not come from the Black Forest directly, but from the colourless cherry brandy, called “Black Forest cherry water” (Schwarzwälder Kirschwasser) traditionally used to flavour it. In Germany, it must contain this, to be legally marketed as a Black Forest gateau.

Sounds delish. I've always used Lidl cherry brandy for that authentic German feel :D.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • janeym8
    janeym8 Posts: 529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    loaf of bread
    2 lots of fruit scones
    and 1 large gingerbread

wanted to make more but felt too ill to
    janeym8 xxx
    LIFE IS FOR LIVING-I`VE LEARNT THAT THE HARD WAY
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mango cake
  • Red_Cat
    Red_Cat Posts: 1,040 Forumite
    Options
    Lasagne pie.
    Hoping this year is better than the last. :)
  • oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    A ham and onion quiche. Florentines. coconut cherry buns,twinks hobnobs. a tea loaf.an apple pie. 3 loaves of wholemeal and oat bread.
  • andyslinz
    andyslinz Posts: 130 Forumite
    Options
    I have baked some scones, I used brown sugar cos I had ran out of white sugar, and I added cinnamon and nutmeg - they were lovely! Me and OH had one warm from the oven with a cup of tea, then took the rest to his parents for them to enjoy - I love to bake, but need to give it all away, because if they were left in my kitchen, they would be gone in a day - to my waist :rotfl:
    Marrying my gorgeous Andy
    27 July 2013 at Gretna Green :D
    Sealed pot challenge..Saving for the HONEYMOON
    Will be cracking open the pot of dreams May 2013 :j
  • SpendlessKaren
    Options
    I saw a Nigel Slater programme last night and he made the most wonderful looking quiche, so I will be baking this today. It was simply a pastry lined tin, then he softened some spring onions and watercress in a little oil. He then took 2 salmon fillets (cooked) and broke them up in large chunks over the veggies. Beat together 4 eggs and 2 tubs and cream to make the custard and pour over then bake.
  • Shalva
    Shalva Posts: 254 Forumite
    Options
    My sons favourite....brownie cheescake..yum!
  • rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    Options
    I got a big 3.5kg bag of Creamola low fat sponge mix from Approved foods. Just made 2 big flan cases and filled with fresh cream and raspberries.
    It is amazing stuff!!! I have never used a cake mix before, but it was so cheap I thought I'd give it a try. Very low fat too and you just add water and whisk. Came out really light and fluffy. Am going to have to try and find where I can buy it now. My dh will only eat low-fat, but loves a cake, so it is perfect.

BTW, if anyone has any idea where to get it, apart from AP, I would love to know. I don't intend to do another order from them for a wee while, but when I google it, I just get their site.
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    :D:D:D
  • Rebelle
    Rebelle Posts: 84 Forumite
    Options
    Shalva wrote: »
    My sons favourite....brownie cheescake..yum!

Oooh Shalva please could you share your recipe? That sounds amazing! :)
    Pax Et Bonum
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport