PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What have you baked today?

Options

Comments

• Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've got 7 loaves of bread rising, and will also be making choc chip buns.
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    rosie383 wrote: »
    I was at a friend's house for dinner, and she had made apple crumble (which is the best apple crumble I have ever eaten!!). Anyhoo, she had lots of the 'crumble' topping left over, so she mixed it with some of the juice that had come out of the apples, enough milk to make it into a dough and made little round flat dumpling type things. She put them in a serving dish and drenched them with a sugar syrup, again containing some apple juice. It was simple, unfussy but tasted absolutely amazing!!!
    If anyone can put this idea into a sticky or whatever where it may be useful, please go ahead.

Hiya :)

Could you write it up and add it to this thread please:-

Recipe collection thread
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • GetRealBabe
    GetRealBabe Posts: 2,258 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi

Fancied some biscuits so I made some Raisin spicey twinks. Lovely with a cup of tea.:)
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 089-Finally got a signature.:rotfl::j

• Justamum
    Options
    16 jam buns. The recipe calls them Jelly Donut Cupcakes, but I'm British not American :D

They're very nice though (vegan too)
  • SpendlessKaren
    Options
    Justamum wrote: »
    16 jam buns. The recipe calls them Jelly Donut Cupcakes, but I'm British not American :D

They're very nice though (vegan too)

Can you share the recipe or where you got it from please. I love vegan baking... vegan cupcakes are the best tasting ever
  • Gefjun
    Gefjun Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    A honey and sunflower loaf (in the BM) and some lemon curd marble muffins. Yum!
    Life is what you make it. Always has been, always will be ;)
  • Justamum
    Options
    Can you share the recipe or where you got it from please. I love vegan baking... vegan cupcakes are the best tasting ever

Here's the link to it http://www.vegnews.com/web/articles/page.do?pageId=1115&catId=11

I used some homemade gooseberry jam for the middle - then I sat and watched through the glass window of the cooker whilst it disappeared inside as the cakes rose :rotfl:I'm a bit sad like that :rotfl::rotfl:
  • GetRealBabe
    GetRealBabe Posts: 2,258 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi

Brown rolls plus brown seeded sourdough loaves.:)
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 089-Finally got a signature.:rotfl::j

• Whitefiver
    Options
    Loaf of wholemeal bread (in breadmaker - cheating, I know), a dozen of Nigella's chocolate chip muffins, and a Delia cherry cake.

No prizes for guessing that it is the Church's coffee morning tomorrow!

Regards,

White.
  • Nancy1
    Options
    I also baked a victoria sponge using a step by step guide that I found online. Think it was the Flour Advisory Bureau's website but I'm not sure. They have loads of info too, bit of light bedtime reading I think!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure