🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Starting my DMP on 1st Feb... Anyone want to join me?

Options

Comments

• pure_dead_dopey
    Options
    hi coffeebreak and barbie doll, welcome to the thread, it is the right way to go its just that a few of us took a while to see the light. I cut up my credit cards last week after 30 years!!!!! Feel bit exposed and naked but in control at last.
    More than Two Years in

Doing it the Niddy way:j:j:j

• true27
    true27 Posts: 1,569 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all and :hello: hi newbies!!

I've cancelled my BlackBerry contract!! Honestly never thought I could live without it but then DB pointed out that I don't need email when I'm not at home because I don't go out!! Sometimes all it takes is a 9 year old's logic....:o! Anyway, thats £45 a month better off :j just got to convince OH that he doesn't need his now :rotfl:

What are we all up to today?
    Paddle #8 DFW Nerd #1284
  • true27
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    tedsd wrote: »

Feeling a bit low today, had 2 calls already, Monument and Creation, both silent on end of phone so have used the Sky block and hope it works... never missed a payment on these ever before and have written, explained re my changed circumstances and asked them to write only but they've taken no notice...not sure how I'll cope if they all do the same... and don't want to go off sick again cos then no one gets paid... tears rolling down my face so I'm going to sign off and get myself in the right frame of mind for work.

Hey Ted, have a :grouphug:and a :coffee: and pull the plug on the phone. We're all here for you mate, take care of yourself xxx
    Paddle #8 DFW Nerd #1284
  • true27
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :( just heard one of my best friends has died :(
    Paddle #8 DFW Nerd #1284
  • nataz
    nataz Posts: 435 Forumite
    Options
    oh true thats awful news, hope you are ok

makes everything else seem pointless, sending you a big hug

ted sounds like you need one as well. Cant say Ive heard of your two creditors before, but they seems like right pains in the a*** Hopefully CCCS can help. Have you seen the letter you can send re phonecalls. Its on here somewhere and it bascially tells them to get lost and just send letters (of course in a very nice way!)

I got my first nerve shaking letter this morning from M&S. Quote " as your offer is less than the notice of default and a final demand will now be issued... the default will be registered... and will affect your ability to obtain credit in the future... failure to make monthly payment could reult in your account being passed to our litigation dept... recovery made throught the County Court" Ahhhhhhh!!!

Ok nerves restored, it is to be expected I suppose and its prob just a auto generated letter but still scary, Ive never defaulted before. Think Im going to give myself a hug :rotfl:

Oh and no CCCS pack, do you think they use pigeons??

BTW HSBC arent linked to any other banks, cant remember who asked
    Debt at LBM - £11,505
    Debt 2011 = [STRIKE]8K[/STRIKE] £7760 - DF in July 2013
    DMP Paddle no. 1 Sealed Pot No. 1375
    Grocery Challenge Aug £418.31/£450 Sept £ /£450
  • coffee-break_2
    Options
    Sorry, to hear your sad news, True. Hope you're doing ok.
    hi coffeebreak and barbie doll, welcome to the thread, it is the right way to go its just that a few of us took a while to see the light. I cut up my credit cards last week after 30 years!!!!! Feel bit exposed and naked but in control at last.
    tedsd wrote: »
    Hi Coffeebreak, Welcome!

Can relate to the 30 years on credit and now feeling vulnerable, it's like a safety net has been taken away...will feel better when hopefully a DMP is up and running..

Feeling a bit low today, had 2 calls already, Monument and Creation, both silent on end of phone so have used the Sky block and hope it works... never missed a payment on these ever before and have written, explained re my changed circumstances and asked them to write only but they've taken no notice...not sure how I'll cope if they all do the same... and don't want to go off sick again cos then no one gets paid... tears rolling down my face so I'm going to sign off and get myself in the right frame of mind for work.

Have a good day all...!

Thank you for the welcome :).

The silly thing is i've been aware of this website for a while but only really looked into setting up a DMP after my sister told me about a commercial debt management company. I came on this site to check out the legitimacy of said company and found out about the CCCS instead :T. The postman has just been and still no welcome pack...must be patient :D

@ Pure Dead Dopey - Well done on cutting up your credit cards! I've still got mine tucked away in my wardrobe, i can't bring myself to destroy them.

@ Tedsd - It's easier said than done, but try not to let the phone calls worry you. I had the same thing and ignored every single call, text message and withheld number. I must say, since sending off the DMP letters to my creditors, i've not had a single call. Once you've got the advice from the CCCS you'll feel positive and alot stronger :).

@ nataz - I used to go for weeks without opening letters, i was so terrified to the horrors contained within :o. But i had to face my demons to get the information the CCCS needed, so i opened them :eek: But you know what, after i did that and shared the information with them, i felt so much better :D. Now, i open my post with gay abandon :rotfl:. I'm not scared any more :T. Definitely give yourself a hug :).

Have a good day all :beer:.
    Sealed Pot Challenge member no:918
    NSD
    VSP member no 52
    £365 in 365 days
    Debt £5000, started DMP with CCCS Feb 2010
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    Hey, I haven't read your whole thread so it may have been mentioned already but there's a DMP Support thread here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1735087
    Lots of us have been on DMPs for a long time, so if you have any questions or fancy a chat, feel free to pop in
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • kaths101
    kaths101 Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, Im getting so sick of waiting for things to happen - though I havent defaulted on anything YET so Im not sure what i expect to happen :rotfl:

I havent heard a thing from anyone - the thing im most concerned about is getting my new bank account up and running!! Patience patience patience - sounds like I will have to wait a long time for my CCCs welcome pack too!!
    Hope everyone is ok - True - Im so sorry to hear about your friend dying :cry:
  • true27
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the thoughts and hugs guys, much appreciated. Bit of a shock, he had a heart attack, age 28. Suddenly puts everything into perspective. Have spent the day beating myself up because I don't think I can go to his funeral, both financially (travel to Lincolnshire) and the whole outside thing :(

Ted, how was your day?

Well done everyone on positive steps and keeping smiles on your faces x
    Paddle #8 DFW Nerd #1284
  • pure_dead_dopey
    Options
    Afternoon All

Must be M&S's day for sending out letters, go one which seems to be the same as yours Nataz, it says they will accept our off er but they will issue a default because it is under 1% of the balance. They will also stop interest if we send the payment every month. I don't get this, if they are accepting the payment why are they defaulting me and should I be worried.? The rest is a series or mays and coulds do this or that. Sorry to hear about your friend True, puts everything into perspective definitely
    More than Two Years in

Doing it the Niddy way:j:j:j

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills