🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

*FREE* DVD Rental (become a DVD Tart)

Options

Comments

• Milky_Mocha
    Milky_Mocha Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think the affiliations between these dvd rentals shouldn't be a problem. They probably identify previous free trial users by email address which means you could sign up to numerous free web based email addresses each time and play the game infinitely. Or is that too good to be true?

Even if they identify users some other way there must be ways around it. For example most people have more than one credit card and sometimes more than one bank account for debit card payments. The more members in a household over the age of 18 also, the better.

One could be a tart forever! (dvd tart, that is)
    The reason people don't move right down inside the carriage is that there's nothing to hold onto when you're in the middle.
  • skdotcom
    skdotcom Posts: 134 Forumite
    Options
    I think the affiliations between these dvd rentals shouldn't be a problem. They probably identify previous free trial users by email address which means you could sign up to numerous free web based email addresses each time and play the game infinitely. Or is that too good to be true?

Even if they identify users some other way there must be ways around it. For example most people have more than one credit card and sometimes more than one bank account for debit card payments. The more members in a household over the age of 18 also, the better.

One could be a tart forever! (dvd tart, that is)

I've tried to use the same DVD rental company twice, but using my wifes name and credit card details. Unfortunately the free trial was rejected for the second account.
  • shaun200
    Options
    http://free-dvd-rentals.co.uk has a code that gives you 30 days free rental with Screen Select.

They also have most of the other rental offers.
  • JasonW_2
    JasonW_2 Posts: 705 Forumite
    Options
    Yes its your site!
  • Milky_Mocha
    Milky_Mocha Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    skdotcom wrote:
    I've tried to use the same DVD rental company twice, but using my wifes name and credit card details. Unfortunately the free trial was rejected for the second account.

Did you use a different email address? It would be rather unfair of them if they rejected your second account due to using the same postal address.
    The reason people don't move right down inside the carriage is that there's nothing to hold onto when you're in the middle.
  • Outtathaway
    Options
    Darren21 wrote:
    I've tried every free trial going and I have to say that Screen select have been my favourites and blockbuster the worst!

However, the cd wow (lovefilm) is the best deal going - £10 voucher & 2 week trial!

I've so far tried CDwow (lovefilm) who were okay despite the first dvd they sent me being the wrong one. And I'm not on BlockBuster's trial and I agree its terrible. The turnabout is slower than Lovefilm and their selection isn't as wide. But the worst thing about them is that I never seem to get titles at the top of my list. My last few have all been about 10-15 on my list. I even at one point recieved the 31st DVD on my list
    Titch :)
  • rinoa778
    rinoa778 Posts: 196 Forumite
    Options
    Did you use a different email address? It would be rather unfair of them if they rejected your second account due to using the same postal address.

I think they use the one offer per household rule to stop people from signing up multiple times.
    Lurker extraordinaire! no. 4950

Food Shopping & Groceries is my favourite board.
  • Darren21
    Darren21 Posts: 882 Forumite
    Options
    It depends who you're talking about.....some do one per household and some do one per email and c/c ;)! I can say no more!
  • silkcutblue
    Options
    I found TESCOS to have a very slow turn around (took a day, sometimes two from them getting my disk to them dispatching)

LoveFilm
    - so far seems to be really good. They get my disk, a new one is picked (and I deliberatly kept my choices of DVD VERY small, featuring the stuff TESCOS had failed ot send (boxset, popular film)) and then dispatched the same day.

E-Rental
    - AWFUL. I signed up last Wednesday, put in a large amount of disks and - no-thing yet. Yesterday it seemed they'd bothered to pick three DVD's out for me, so...

So, cancelling E-Rental and TESCOS and sticking with LoveFilm (if you want Boxsets then they are good at delivering, but keep your list small (20-30 titles))

:D
  • zcaprd7
    zcaprd7 Posts: 1,079 Forumite
    Options
    If you want to really be a tart - get a PC dvd burner and when you get your free DVDs, copy them and stick them back in the post pronto - that way you can watch them at your leisure and get as many DVDs as you can...

£35 here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=30756&page=1

*Note, this is probably illegal*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business