*FREE* DVD Rental (become a DVD Tart)

Comments

• rag_doll
    rag_doll Posts: 210 Forumite
    This has probably already been mentioned: Sainsburys DVD Rental is linked to lovefilm.com. You can join S'burys if you've been a member of lovefilm but you don't get the free trial :(
    dvds365.com asks for a code from 'Empire' Magazine for a 3 wk free trial, it's emp35. :)
    FAIRTRADE NOT FREE TRADE

STOP THE BADGER CULL - PLEASE SIGN HM GOVERNMENT E-PETITION
  • Here's another site!

http://free-dvd-rentals.co.uk

The offer on the Home Page allows you to rent 4 dvds WORTH £12 "FOR FREE"
  • rag_doll
    shaun200 wrote:
    Here's another site!

http://free-dvd-rentals.co.uk

The offer on the Home Page allows you to rent 4 dvds WORTH £12 "FOR FREE"

Thanks for that, have taken a look & added to 'My Favourites' for the future, have just signed up with Blockbusters, (4wks free trial) after that will give the others a try. LOVEFILM & Screenselect have both been very good.
    Have also just looked at a site called dvdbasics.co.uk, it gives reviews of Online DVD Movie Rental Clubs in the UK, the top 4 are listed. :)
    FAIRTRADE NOT FREE TRADE

• beachbeth
    beachbeth Posts: 3,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have tried Lovefilm, which was excellent and also Blockbuster. Even though there were a few titles that Blockbuster didn't send me they were very quick. Also, when I emailed to query that they didn't seem to have received a dvd that I had sent back they were quick to reply and said it must be down to Royal Mail and it would be taken off my list of currently rented dvds.

I have tried to sign up with Screen Select as I have had a voucher with a purchase from Figleaves but they say my email has already been used! Are they connected with Lovefilm or Blockbuster?
  • rag_doll
    beachbeth wrote:
    I have tried Lovefilm, which was excellent and also Blockbuster. Even though there were a few titles that Blockbuster didn't send me they were very quick. Also, when I emailed to query that they didn't seem to have received a dvd that I had sent back they were quick to reply and said it must be down to Royal Mail and it would be taken off my list of currently rented dvds.

I have tried to sign up with Screen Select as I have had a voucher with a purchase from Figleaves but they say my email has already been used! Are they connected with Lovefilm or Blockbuster?

That's strange, they're not connected to LOVEFILM or Blockbuster, :confused: perhaps try e-mailing Screen Select.
    FAIRTRADE NOT FREE TRADE

• i am really impressed with this one...i literally havent got off the setee since i joined up...hmm, perhaps now i should rent some exercise dvds!

big selection, recieved first 3 dvds next day : if anyone would like to have a four week free trial in their recommend a friend thing please PM me with your email address...when you sign up if you say i recommended you there are rewards of 4 weeks free or ten quid for cd wow. oh go on. my real friends are too lazy
    hooray
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    I joined Lovefilm on Monday with a voucher I was given at work, I got the first 3 dvds today which I thought was good service.
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • cid_2
    cid_2 Posts: 120 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm in the middle of gleefully accepting and cancelling free trials for as long as I can, though when I'm done I imagine I'll pick one and go with them.

And though Lovefilm (filmfourdvd) isn't a bad runner-up, the best I've come across so far is undoubtedly Qflicks (https://www.qflicks.com). They check returned DVDs in the day after you've sent them and often send out your next film the same day, they have an excellent selection and they send out the films at the top of your queue a lot more often than other places I've tried.

I think their free trial is only 14 days, but I managed to find a code somewhere that upped that to 30 days. I'll try and scout round and find it if it's not been posted already.

cid.
  • cid_2
    cid_2 Posts: 120 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Curses, their 30-day trial was a promotion with Metro, the newspaper, and ran out at the start of February.

And though I maintain they're the best place I've come across so far, bear in mind that I've just discovered Qflicks are run by the DVDs365 people, and if you've had a trial from one of their places already you'll not be able to get one out of Qflicks.

And I was so keen to share my happy expereince...
  • I've tried every free trial going and I have to say that Screen select have been my favourites and blockbuster the worst!

However, the cd wow (lovefilm) is the best deal going - £10 voucher & 2 week trial!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure