🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

*FREE* DVD Rental (become a DVD Tart)

Options

Comments

• Darren21
    Options
    zcaprd7 wrote:
    If you want to really be a tart - get a PC dvd burner and when you get your free DVDs, copy them and stick them back in the post pronto - that way you can watch them at your leisure and get as many DVDs as you can...

£35 here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=30756&page=1

*Note, this is probably illegal*

I think probably a little unappropriate for a 'legal' site, pretty obvious statement anyway ....
  • zcaprd7
    zcaprd7 Posts: 1,079 Forumite
    Options
    Darren21 wrote:
    I think probably a little unappropriate for a 'legal' site, pretty obvious statement anyway ....

Well, I wasn't sure - if you only watch it once and then destroy it, would it be illegal?
  • Darren21
    Options
    zcaprd7 wrote:
    Well, I wasn't sure - if you only watch it once and then destroy it, would it be illegal?

It would still be illegal because you can only have a copy if you own a dvd, the rental rights mean you can only watch the dvd whilst you are legally renting it. Renting out a dvd, copying it and watching it when you want is certainly not legal. (I would add that it would be very hard to catch anyone doing this though, much less risky than downloading!)
  • irishkeet
    Options
    Im a DVD tart YIPEE!!!!
    lol
    Half way through my first month with Blockbuster and I have to say Ive had no probs, get three @ a time, rip them to the hard disk with a great free software tool called dvdshrink and post back asap, waiting on my 3rd set of three
    lol
    bring out the popcorn
  • b_hunter_2
    b_hunter_2 Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    fan-flippin-tastic. 1 years supply of free dvd rentals.

thanks
  • zcaprd7
    zcaprd7 Posts: 1,079 Forumite
    Options
    Darren21 wrote:
    It would still be illegal because you can only have a copy if you own a dvd, the rental rights mean you can only watch the dvd whilst you are legally renting it. Renting out a dvd, copying it and watching it when you want is certainly not legal. (I would add that it would be very hard to catch anyone doing this though, much less risky than downloading!)

But morally acceptable?
  • marnstars
    marnstars Posts: 183 Forumite
    Options
    Pretty chuffed with the uptake on this thread as the original poster.

Just finished a month with qflicks (a few days early as normal so a not to get penalised) but on the whole a bit disappointed. No top choice movies supplied over the month and the worst discs I have seen ever! Dirty and scratched. About 16 discs managed over 26 days. JUST A 3/10 for me with Qflicks - they were that bad, Blockbuster deserve a 10/10!!!

Screenselect 30 day now.

Keep tarting!
    Options
    and use your affiliate link. How selfless of you!
    Hi if anyone is looking for that 30 day trial of screen select you can find it on this site :)

http://free-dvd-rentals.co.uk
  • Phil_Jones
    Phil_Jones Posts: 53 Forumite
    Options
    I've used screenselect, lovefilm and blockbuster so far. Can I use tescos now, or are they powered by one of the above? Thanks.
  • CraigDavid
    CraigDavid Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Phil_Jones wrote:
    I've used screenselect, lovefilm and blockbuster so far. Can I use tescos now, or are they powered by one of the above? Thanks.

You can't have a free trial from Tesco if you had a ScreenSelect free trial. And unfortunately they don't tell you until the next day after you've registered and also after I had spent about half an hour adding titles to my selection list.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport