We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

SKY HD Offer?

Options

Comments

• DaveW78
    DaveW78 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    called SKY, told them a family friend had been given the offer (free box/install/subs) and they said it was an 'outbound' offer only, they didn't deny it but said they can't help.

think i'm gonna go down the cancellation route as my box is on it's way out (standard not sky+ box) ... do you think i'll get anywhere?
  • snapyou
    snapyou Posts: 164 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think all this free HD stuff is a response to all the TVs coming out soon with Freeview HD included as standard? Sky will lose a lot of customers through this .
  • mwbrown
    mwbrown Posts: 146 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 March 2010 at 2:20PM
    Options
    I got offered a free hd box, with free install after going thru cancellation dept... Been having probs for a couple of days with box coming up no signal... corrects its self after a short while but not impressed... sky offered a free service call (but said i wasnt prepared to wait for possibly more than 1 visit to rectify the fault due to it being intermittent.... ) said i had been thinkin bout upgrading to hd and sky then offered the free hd, free install and no monthly subscription to pay for the hd option for sky, just getting the basic free HD channels at the moment...... currently paying half price 10.50 for six months from a deal i got from sky a couple of weeks ago..... result..
  • will-in-estoril
    Options
    mwbrown wrote: »
    ...no monthly subscription to pay.. result..

I think you need to explain or qualify this; or do you mean that there is no extra subscription to pay?
    RIP independent MSE.
    Died 1st June 2012
  • ClaireB7
    ClaireB7 Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    I think you need to explain or qualify this; or do you mean that there is no extra subscription to pay?

Indeed, whilst you're not paying £10pm will you be getting the full HD package ie Sky1 HD, etc, etc, or just the FTA HD channels ?
  • DaveW78
    DaveW78 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Just called SKY, wouldn't do the deal, got put through to cancellations and the best they can offer is £59 for box/install with no hd channels or free/free but pay £10pm!??!?! Sooooooo Frustrating, why are some getting offered and not others :(

maybe something to do with area in which you live?
  • eslick
    eslick Posts: 2,062 Forumite
    Options
    called sky after a friend had been offered the deal of a free box and was told you can have a 160 gig box (old one, new ones are 250 gig) for £99 anyone can get it. However there are discounts which took it down to £29 plus £30 installation if you dont want to pay the £10 a month. You only get the free to air channels so no sky1 hd. Told him was going to cancel anyway and then asked if he could do a deal on the installation fee, he said he would look at it but since we wouldnt get sky1 hd and dont watch BBC or Channel 4 wouldnt be worth it. He left a note on the file to say I was interested in HD so will see what happens.

Good deal if you do or if you want more space than a current sky+ box.
  • ironman1
    ironman1 Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ring and pay you received an email offering free box and installation. They should fool for it because they said a few people did get sent that offer.

You probably won't get the £10pm off but it's still a good deal.
  • Mic2904
    Mic2904 Posts: 379 Forumite
    Options
    ironman1 wrote: »
    Ring and pay you received an email offering free box and installation. They should fool for it because they said a few people did get sent that offer.

You probably won't get the £10pm off but it's still a good deal.

Does anyone have a template of this email?
  • Daveswife
    Daveswife Posts: 302 Forumite
    Options
    A bit late but I did get my promised call-back today. Free HD box/free installation & free HD subs for 12 months!!

:j

Lady did say I was being offered it because I'd had no upgrades in the 4 years I'd been with Sky.

DW
    Blessed are the vegetarians.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills