PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

In my slow cooker today.... part 2

Options

Comments

• Sublime_2
    Sublime_2 Posts: 15,741 Forumite
    Options
    Pauls wrote: »
    Not too late at all, I had to freeze it as I'd already started the SC up with enough beef casserole to last 2 days before I went to the farm shop :rotfl:

I am so jealous. :p:D
  • Mrs_Thrify
    Mrs_Thrify Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all, well I planned to cook a turkey crown in chicken gravey in my SC today on low for 9 hours But! When I went to put it in the pot this morning I found it had only half defrosted so cooked it in the oven this afternoon instead, as box said can go in the oven from frozen.
    When I cut up all the veg for the roast, I put a lot of the outer leaves and a bit of carrot in the SC (cut up small) with veggi stock to make soup for tomorrows lunch. Wholemeal bread roll to go with it from the freezer.
    If winter comes, can spring be far behind?
    Spring begins on 21st March.
  • leeegglestone
    Options
    i normally put things in frozen. am sure for 9hours it would have been fine
  • Mrs_Thrify
    Mrs_Thrify Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Leee I was not sure about frozen things in the SC
    If winter comes, can spring be far behind?
    Spring begins on 21st March.
  • Mayday
    Mayday Posts: 614 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sausage casserole as well for us today :T

Browned sausages and 2 onions first for a brown gravy; everything else chucked in to SC - last piece of turnip, sweet red pepper, cooking stock from Sunday's SC gammon, and a herb stock cube.

Served with huge jacket potatoes and caulifower delish and VERY filling.
  • cassieannie
    Options
    Have had my slow cooker for 3 years now and never used it until I saw you were all using it on this forum !! Did a chicken casserole yesterday and it was beautiful, so now I am hooked !!
  • elf06
    elf06 Posts: 1,547 Forumite
    Options
    Overnight I had a pea and ham soup in and it should be ready in a couple of hours :D
    Its a bit of an experiment and looks a little liquidy at the mo but will 'fix' it later if needed
    Emma :dance:

Aug GC - £88.17/£130
    NSD - target 18 days, so far 5!!
  • andygb
    andygb Posts: 14,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Mayday wrote: »
    Sausage casserole as well for us today :T

Browned sausages and 2 onions first for a brown gravy; everything else chucked in to SC - last piece of turnip, sweet red pepper, cooking stock from Sunday's SC gammon, and a herb stock cube.

Served with huge jacket potatoes and caulifower delish and VERY filling.

I will use up the other pack of Paul Rankin sausages today. I plan to make a kind of Cassoulet, by browning off the sausages on a grill, cutting each into four pieces, then gently browning onions and garlic in a pan. I will then add a couple of tins of beans (Butter beans and cannelini beans), and a tin of chopped tomatoes. I was going to fry off some smoked bacon lardons or belly pork, to get the flavour more realistic.
    I will then add water (not too much), various dried herbs, and then put the whole mixture in the slow cooker for around four hours.
    I used to love the holidays we had, driving down to Provence, and the smells from the markets, where they were cooking huge pots of Cassoulet, Daube de Boeuf and the like.
    It really is the ideal food for this weather.
  • tdd111
    tdd111 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    i have liver and bacon to go into mine today, its the best recipe ever!!

yesterday i did Kelftiko

lamb cutlets, tin of toms, onion, potatoes, garlic, carrots and oregano it was yummy!!!
  • PeachPickle
    PeachPickle Posts: 9,924 Forumite
    Options
    Yesterday we had lentil and bacon soup made with the stock from the pork the day before :)

Today I'm going to make a simple curry I think. Better get going actually!
    DFW Nerd #104 I :heartpuls my Kitten :)and my hat :heartpuls
    OD Girls on Tour 08 - Barcelona - HUGE SUCCESS!
    OD Girls on Tour 09 - Dublin - November!!
    If you believe you can achieve innit!
    Sexy beer?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family