PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

In my slow cooker today.... part 2

Options
1380381382383384386»

Comments

• ljonski
    ljonski Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    Options
    Making home made rice pud! During the last hour of cooking will add a 15p can of rice pud essentiels range from Aldi for taste plus make it go further!
    "if the state cannot find within itself a place for those who peacefully refuse to worship at its temples, then it’s the state that’s become extreme".Revd Dr Giles Fraser on Radio 4 2017
  • white-sage
    Options
    Got a chilli con carne cooking away while I do my chores. Based on the recipe on BBC Good food site but with less beef and more veggies. The kitchen smells lovely.
  • CAT££
    CAT££ Posts: 341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had to dig out this thread again, just for ideas.....

Set my alarm 15 mins earlier tomorrow, to put a lamb shank in the slow cooker.

Will brown the shank first and put it on a bed of leeks, onions, celery and carrots with red wine, chicken stock, mixed herbs and a spoonful of red currant jelly.....will serve with potatoes and green beans.
    Cat :wave:
  • CAT££
    CAT££ Posts: 341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Earlier on I made white chocolate fudge in the SC.

Will put in a pork shoulder before going to bed to cook overnight (pork on a bed of onions and pint of apple cider) will shred in the morning, drain liquid and return to the SC with BBQ sauce. Will serve the pulled pork in rolls.
    Cat :wave:
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I did sausage casserole last night overnight so have just now been bagging it up. 10 portions in the freezer, I need to go and wash the SC now and it's all gooey in the bottom, the pan part. It must have bubbled over.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    SailorSam wrote: »
    I need to go and wash the SC now and it's all gooey in the bottom, the pan part. It must have bubbled over.

You need to have a responsible adult when using a SC. Make sure you have one next time.
    :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport