PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

In my slow cooker today.... part 2

Options

Comments

• MrsT110309
    Options
    I have made a chicken stock in mine which is now cooled whats the best thing to do with it now, i.e how long will it keep and what sort of portions should I store it in if I was to freeze? As you can tell I am a bit of a novice when it comes to making stock. Please help
  • boredjellybean
    Options
    mine is having a rest today - yesterday I cooked a whole chicken which we had for dinner last night (we're having left overs in a pie tonight) then I put the carcas in overnight & made stock which I have just strained & am cooling before popping in the freezer

BJB
  • SkintG
    SkintG Posts: 81 Forumite
    Options
    Last night I did,

Diced pork Shoulder, browned with onions, garlic and apple slices. into the SC, deglazed the pan with a bottle of (homemade turbo) cider, into the SC with a dollop of Apple sauce.

Very very nice tender meat, with a lovely rich sauce, if anrthing just slightly sweet. served with mash and carrots and peas.

Making pork stock for a pork broth with barley, and a pork and pea soup, will also use leftovers with loads of veg to make a pork stew.

Not bad to make two lunches and two teas for about a fivers worth of ingredients
  • Big_Nige
    Big_Nige Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I made broccolli & stilton soup (stilton to be added before serving) yesterday for today's lunch. Soup is always better the next day :j
    Every day above ground is a good day.
  • Sublime_2
    Sublime_2 Posts: 15,741 Forumite
    edited 12 January 2010 at 12:01PM
    Options
    Soon to be turkey, and chickpea curry, made from the uncooked christmas turkeys legs.

I shall use approx a 1/3 jar of Pataks madras curry paste, 200 to 300 ml water, a tin of chickpeas, an onion, garlic, grated ginger, coriander, allspice, chopped tomatoes, and creamed coconut.

I plan to make a stock from the bones tonight.
  • Chuzzle
    Chuzzle Posts: 625 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Today is a rest day, cos yesterday I cooked soooooo much bolognaise sauce I made lasagne with it for tomights tea. Tomorrow I shall be doing a chilli in it with cubes of braising steak and NO kidney beans (bleurgh in our house!!)
    Banana Lovers
    Buy your bananas in bunches of 5 on Sunday. Then arrange them in order of ripeness and write a day of the week on each banana in felt pen, Monday on the ripest, Friday on the greenest to save time making those decisions on a hectic weekday morning
  • tallyhoh
    tallyhoh Posts: 2,305 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Beef & bottom-of-the-freezer-stew. Will have it with Dumplings tonight & make a pie with the leftovers.
    Tallyhoh! Stopped Smoking October 2000. Saved £29382.50 so far!
  • ramk_
    ramk_ Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I can finally join in on this thread (been lurking a while)!! I treated myself to a slow cooker on Sunday. Had my first go yesterday - made a chicken and mango curry and it turned out pretty well! Can't wait to try something else. Thanks so much for inspiring me!!
  • skintmumof3
    Options
    chicken, onions, chopped potatoes, tin of tomatoes and tikka masala paste..... to make a yummy curry. will add some cream coconut towards the end......
    to be served with indians in the freezer since xmas...... but alas not home made ones.. iceland ones ...ha ha.
  • PeachPickle
    PeachPickle Posts: 9,924 Forumite
    Options
    We have half a pork joint in ours, crackling removed to go in the oven later. Going to have it with roast veg and gravy tonight :)
    DFW Nerd #104 I :heartpuls my Kitten :)and my hat :heartpuls
    OD Girls on Tour 08 - Barcelona - HUGE SUCCESS!
    OD Girls on Tour 09 - Dublin - November!!
    If you believe you can achieve innit!
    Sexy beer?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family