PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

In my slow cooker today.... part 2

Options

Comments

• Mrs_Thrify
    Mrs_Thrify Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sausage casserole with basic Asda sauce, onions and peppers. Will be cooking the plate size yorkshire puds later.
    If winter comes, can spring be far behind?
    Spring begins on 21st March.
  • dizzybuff
    dizzybuff Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    Options
    Nothing today but doing my second staple ( not the right word) from my economy gastrony book tommorrow of beef stew . this will do probably 6 meals as I have 2.5 kg of skirt a bargin at 12 quid .
    ONE HOUSE , DS+ DD Missymoo Living a day at a time and getting through this mess you have created.
    One day life will have no choice but to be nice to me :rotfl:
  • moneysavermum_2
    Options
    andygb wrote: »
    Stop cheating with the ready sauces - very naughty!;)

Buy packets of spices from the local Indian grocers, and combine with chopped onions, garlic and sunflower oil, it will turn out much better than any "ready sauce", and it will work out far cheaper.

:oLol im not worthy:o your way sound much tastier yuuummmy will try harder
  • Sublime_2
    Sublime_2 Posts: 15,741 Forumite
    Options
    nje24 wrote: »
    :oLol im not worthy:o your way sound much tastier yuuummmy will try harder

Don't worry about that, I dislike readymade sauces, andy_gb is right, but Pataks pastes (not the sauces!) are a good cheat if you're in a hurry, as they use exactly the base ingredients you'd use in a curry, although sometimes I do think what is the point as I still add garlic, onion, tomatoes, coriander, garam masala/allspice, ginger, coconut cream, water, etc to mine after using the paste, but then is not abnormal for me in any recipe.

It makes a handy base anyway.
  • Taadaa
    Taadaa Posts: 2,113 Forumite
    Options
    I made a stock whilst I was at work yesterday with a chicken carcass, some fresh parsley and a garlic clove. I used it to cook some rice with last night, have some left over though.

Can you make a paella type dish in the slow cooker does anyone know?
    I have had many Light Bulb Moments. The trouble is someone keeps turning the bulb off :o

1% over payments on cc 3.5/100 (March 2014)
  • tigtag02
    tigtag02 Posts: 6,857 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a packet of stewing steak, carrots, swede, a can of oxtail soup, gravy and seasoning in mine - will transfer to oven with dumplings soon and serve with broccoli and cauliflower cheese :D
    :heartpuls baby no3 due 16th November :heartpuls
    TEAM YELLOW
    DFD 16/6/10
    "Shut your gob! Or I'll come round your houses and stamp on all your toys" The ONE, the ONLY, the LEGENDARY Gene Hunt :heart2:
  • betterlife
    Options
    oh just bought a new slow cooker 6.5L rachel allen one for £13.99! going to do a stew in it tonight to tea tomorrow x
    One day I will live in a cabin in the woods
  • Petlamb
    Petlamb Posts: 922 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I used my SC for the first time ever tonight after having owned it for aaaaages lol! made a chicken lasagne, a little unconventional recipe, but one i saw on here - i think...

tasty though! :D
    On the up :D
    Our wedding day! 13/06/15
  • Sublime_2
    Sublime_2 Posts: 15,741 Forumite
    Options
    The uncooked turkey bones from yesterday in with some onion, garlic, carrots, and herbs, to make a stock. Too tired to last night.

I will then add some dried pulses, bacon, leek, carrot, and potato, allspice, and black pepper, to make the soup.
  • ramk_
    ramk_ Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bolognese..........looking forward to it!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure