Complaint Letter Successes

Comments

• No - but it should be moved to another board
    cossie wrote:
    Ive complained about morrisons washing power cyclone has it leaves marks on your clothes .

Had reply they said send washing powder to them and they will send me cost of delivery so they can check the power .

Will keep you posted to let you know how ive got on

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't send it to them!!!

You'll have no evidence!!!

Send them a small amount and keep some yourself.
    Blood donations to date: 10 | Type: O negative[/B][/CENTER]
  • mandy_s_2
    mandy_s_2 Posts: 79 Forumite
    No
    I complained to the Accounting Techinician magazine about the confusing enrolment criteria for the AAT accounting courses and I had my letter published as Star Letter and I got £60 worth of music vouchers. All I wanted was for somebody to take notice, the prize was a really surprise.

If something really bugs you then you should so complain!!
  • No
    Complained to Sainsburys as one of their shopping baskets had a sharp bit of metal sticking out of it and it pulled my jumper. Told me to go and buy a new one and they would reimburse me so I went to next, bought a new one and took the reiept in, Sainsburys gave me £30.00.

Recently complained to Lyons that their coffee bags had holes in the seams, sent them a coffee bag and they sent me 2 free boxes.

Also complained about the service at Brewers Fayre, we got a 3 course meal for 4 plus 3 bottles of wine we had drunk...all free!!!
    You can if you think you can!
  • orangelily8
    orangelily8 Posts: 4,877 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Bought 6 deli products in Marks & Spencers and was abrubtly told, by a supervisor,that they had no picnic accessories left.
    The packs still have sticker stating " free picnic accessory with 6 deli items"
    and ,no end date, or while stocks last label.
    I was more angry at the supervisors attitude,
    should I complain :confused:
    I AM WHAT I AM ;)

• ziceman
    ziceman Posts: 100 Forumite
    carphone warehouse:

leaning outside against there shop talking on the phone before i went in to purchase a phone for my daughter and noticed blue paint on my clothes, looked around no painters and no signs to state wet paint took pics on my camera for evidence, went in asked to see the manager and demanded a solution, straight away he said get receipts, i did this to the sum of £300.

chocolate milkshake in a bottle shook like stated and when i pierced it...it sprayed everywhere, wrote too the company saying it sprayed the curtains and a expensive light shade, explained that the curtains may get cleaned but the light was ruined and sent them the price it would take to rectify it and they sent me a apology letter and a cheque for my problems without shown any proof.
    Waddle you do eh?
  • Princessa_2
    Princessa_2 Posts: 805 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Yes
    Bought 6 deli products in Marks & Spencers and was abrubtly told, by a supervisor,that they had no picnic accessories left.
    The packs still have sticker stating " free picnic accessory with 6 deli items"
    and ,no end date, or while stocks last label.
    I was more angry at the supervisors attitude,
    should I complain :confused:

I'd have thought they'd have something in their smaill print about 'whilst stocks last' or something. Keep the reciept though, and if the picnic sets come back into stock, ask them if they can give you it as a goodwill gesture. It'll probably be only available at the time of purchase, but if you're nice enough they may give you one. Worth a try.
  • louise_1981
    louise_1981 Posts: 1,118 Forumite
    I worked at m&s the last time they had this offer on, each assistant is supposed to scan the free product of you choice, and it appears on the reciept. There fore it should appear on you reciept. I am not sure if this is still the case though sorry.

Louise
    The sign of a wasted life is a tidy house, Welcome to the chaos!
  • tim_n
    tim_n Posts: 1,607 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    HP:

Bought a managers special laptop in 2000 from staples for £750. Staples swapped it for free after it went wrong within two days. 11 months later it stopped working properly and HP replaced it with a £2000 executive laptop and left me with the old one (three year warranty!) . I sold the old laptop after I fixed it for £750. Two years and 9 months later laptop dies and HP replace it again with a £2000 executive laptop with only a one year warranty. They left me with the old laptop again! The power adapter died just out of warranty this year (the newest laptop) which I asked for a replacement and they did as the woman felt bad for me! What good customer service HP A***********

Churchils

Charged £475 as a 'young persons excess' after the wonderful council estate scum used my car roof as a trampoline. Wrote a long letter to manager explaining my disgust that as a young person I was discriminated against when my age had nothing to do with the damage on the car (I was asleep in bed at the time) and was awarded £475 back (full cost) and £100 curtosy + £30 to remain with them. Brought the insurance down to virtually nothing this year! A**************

NTL

Initial irritations from installation resulted in me getting BB(1MB), cable TV, Tel & 24hr calls free for £10 a month

Confusion resulting from three accounts debiting from my account. Refunded twice for the full cost (£500 - total £1000) for the inconvience due to miscommunication...

BT

Cancelled service - wrote to ask why I'd not been refunded the £4.80 owed to me. Received a check for £400. Enquired at BT and was told I'd been refunded the entire cost of service from BT for the 11 months I'd been there as an act of goodwill to come back!

Bizarre...

Been v.lucky for the last six years! I don't expect it to continue!
    Tim
  • Kylie
    Kylie Posts: 562 Forumite
    Very annoyed: In Rome we put our car in a garage next to our hotel for 5 days (paying a fortune to keep it safe). We left to drive back north and only found the very bad scratches down the front side when we stopped for pertol too far to go back. Estimate to fix damage is £350+. It was clearly done by the guy who brought our car to us from lower levels - he must have hit a pillar or something. Wish I had some way of complaining... It makes me so angry because we look after our car so well then that happens.
  • to all opponents of the thread....

have you noticed in martins latest newsletter he is pushing his 'great compensation hunt thread'...

perhaps you should all lobby him to take down his post too...:rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport