edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Freebies gone but not forgotten
2.4K replies 572.8K views

Replies

• moneypenny2kmoneypenny2k Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    researcher wrote:
    Thats exactly the sort of letter that gets results -I always think that if you rant and rave they neither take you seriously or feel inclined to do anything.

why thank you young man.... (or woman)
  • B&HB&H Forumite
    38 Posts
    Yes
    Starlite - Nice to hear that there are some good soul out there!
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Following on from my previous post a couple of pages before after sending two letters to White Again Limited, today in the post there was a replacement product, no note or anything but at least they sent me a replacement - so result really.
  • BatgirlBatgirl Forumite
    2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Up until 2 weeks ago I had never complained about anything but I complained to nestle cos a smarties kids icecream had no smarites and my youngets was gutted, got £2 refund ( it was 8 ice creams for £2) , and then got Asdas new style meatballs as we loved the old ones and they were gross, asda sent me a gift card for the £5 they cost me plus another £5 so £10 in total, I was really pleased.
    May 2015 £10 a day currently £208
  • I have just opened a WARBURTONS EXTRA THICK sliced loaf and found an EARWIG running around on the 3rd slice down........................

I have sellotaped the Earwig to stop it moving (OK I know it will be dead soon) Sorry animal lovers.

What are my options?
    Max Millionaire
    191 007
    :T :T :T :T :T :T :T :T :T :T
  • AnnieHAnnieH Forumite
    8.1K Posts
    No
    Environmental health
  • moneypenny2kmoneypenny2k Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I have just opened a WARBURTONS EXTRA THICK sliced loaf and found an EARWIG running around on the 3rd slice down........................

I have sellotaped the Earwig to stop it moving (OK I know it will be dead soon) Sorry animal lovers.

What are my options?

I'd personally complain to Warburtons, ask them how on earth this could have got into the bread and what they are going to do to find out how their quality control process went so wrong.

If they don't respond with answers, then you have environmental health to follow it up.
  • violettavioletta Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd personally complain to Warburtons, ask them how on earth this could have got into the bread and what they are going to do to find out how their quality control process went so wrong.

If they don't respond with answers, then you have environmental health to follow it up.

But don't send them the offending earwig and slice of bread, or you will have no proof for environmental health. When something like this happens, companies try to get you to send them the product and insect (or whatever foreign body) to them 'for laboratory inspection' or somesuch. They can then dispose of the evidence and if you are not happy with the outcome, environmental health are not interested because the proof has gone. This was featured in the local paper here once, when a snail was found at the bottom of a bottle of milk (yuk). The woman rang the dairy, who were round within the hour to remove the bottle and snail, and then when she rang environmental health later that morning, they were unable to act.
    A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion
  • shiirleyshiirley Forumite
    53 Posts
    No - but the title needs to change
    The Boots Customer Service is quite good.

Two weeks ago, I went for the free eye-check (with the voucher) in Boots and I was given an appointment to come back for a dillation test in two weeks' time together with a contact lens fitting appointment. However, at the checkout counter, I was told that the type of contact lens that I want was not available for my poor eyesight. Therefore, I decided to cancel the contact lens fitting on the spot. The woman at the counter then told me that my dillation test would be in one week's time and she gave me an appointment card with the date 1/7/2006 as well.

Last Saturday, I turned up for the appointment and was told that my dillation test wasn't due 'til next week after waiting for 15 minutes in the seating area. :mad: I tried to complain, but the Boot Opticians here just said there was nothing that they could do with a shrug. I asked for the Boots Opticians headquarters number and I rang them on my mobile there and then.

The man on the phone was really nice and he said he would speak to the practice manager after that. He also told me that if nothing was done, I could ring back and complain again. After 3-4 hours, the practice manager rang me and apologise, along with a huge load of bull!!!! about how busy the opticians are, how bad the time-strain is, how they don't want to make other customers wait, etc.

Fine, fair enough that your time is precious and you don't want to make other customers wait. What about my time? Isn't my time precious too? Why push all the blame on me because you did the blunder? I could have made a lot of money on Ebay if I haven't gone to town just for the dillation test. She then said she would think about what to do about my complaint.

Today, I turned up in Boots and did the dillation test. This time, both the practice manager and the original person who did the blunder didn't dare to show up. Instead, she left a note for the optician to tell me that Boots would compensate ONLY my cost of transportation i.e. bus fare and they would give me £2 for all the wasted time and effort. :mad: :mad: :mad:

What about my time? What about my phone bill?

I just told them coolly that I came by cab, and it cost me £5 each way.

I walked out of the store with £10 cash in my hand. :T
  • shiirleyshiirley Forumite
    53 Posts
    No - but the title needs to change
    On the other hand, I have pretty good luck with the 3 customer services.

Last year, they did a blunder with my account when I tried to change my price plan. The first time I rang, they told me that I had to change my price plan step-wise and I can't go from a £30 tariff to a £15 tariff in one go. I took their word and changed to a £20 tariff instead.

The bill came and it was £30 quid. I rang them up to complain initially about why they didn't change my price plan at all, and it opened up a can of worms. Apparently, there was no such thing as a step-wise change and customers could go directly from £30 to £15 without having to wait. I complained and they gave me £5 goodwill credit, as well as refunded me the initial £5 that I wouldn't need to pay in the first place. The lady on the phone was so patient and she tried to sort out the mess her colleagues created. I asked her to pass the phone to her manager so that I could put in a good word for her, and the manager was so happy that I made the effort to commend her good service. :)

This year, I tried to change from the £30 tariff (new contract) to the £20 tariff. For the £20 tariff, there's the 100 x-net minutes + 100 text OR 1000 x-net offpeak minutes. I tried to change to the 1000 x-net offpeak minutes but the person on the phone told me that 1000 x-net wasn't available for me. :mad: I'm a 3 customer as well, and why am I excluded from this tariff?

So.... I complained and they gave me another £5 compensation on my phone bill. :j

Not bad for a company known for bad customer service.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco Clubcard rule tweaks

Be careful when converting points to Cineworld

MSE News

£148 of Ciaté nail polish for £35

Via its Advent calendar (norm £59 delivered)

MSE Deals