Free Computer & Internet Access for Children aged 7-14 of Low Income Families

Options

Comments

• looby75
    looby75 Posts: 23,387 Forumite
    Options
    Orville wrote: »
    Hi is this scheme still avaliable to families with a child who has adhd..?
    the scheme has ended now, all grants have been awarded and the scheme closed down.

Not sure if there is help for children with ADHD anywhere else though.
  • Orville
    Orville Posts: 1,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    looby75 wrote: »
    the scheme has ended now, all grants have been awarded and the scheme closed down.

Not sure if there is help for children with ADHD anywhere else though.

OK cheers, thought i would ask as i took advantage when i became a single parent just before it was closed. I did hear it was still open to familes who have children with disability etc so i thought i'd ask on behalf of my sister.
  • AFSHI1978
    Options
    Hi I got a toshiba laptop from this grant I have a problem with the laptop the silver colour where the mouse buttons are has worn away and there is a big patch of white there can I complain about this and who should I complain to.
  • looby75
    Options
    AFSHI1978 wrote: »
    Hi I got a toshiba laptop from this grant I have a problem with the laptop the silver colour where the mouse buttons are has worn away and there is a big patch of white there can I complain about this and who should I complain to.
    is the mouse still works then no one, it's cosmetic and you haven't got cause for complaint.

If it doesn't work and is still under guarantee then contact the company you ordered the laptop from.
  • Orville
    Orville Posts: 1,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Hey guys please don't argue. It's really not worth it you know. I am not offended in any way by the comment. :)
  • looby75
    Options
    Orville wrote: »
    Hey guys please don't argue. It's really not worth it you know. I am not offended in any way by the comment. :)
    well I am! My nephew has ADHD and I'm sick of people thinking he's just naughty, he's not. It's as frustrating and upsetting for him as it is for everyone who has to deal with his behaviour.

He's almost 10 now and knows he's different, he tries so hard to be "good" it breaks my heart to think people just tar him with the "naughty boy" brush.
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    FYI, I just got the 2nd year's free wireless internet from Positive IT.
  • Adams1
    Adams1 Posts: 328 Forumite
    Options
    prowla wrote: »

Another thing to note is the so called warranty. If you accidentally drop it and a part breaks, then the "warranty" does not cover it. The warranty only covers it if it breaks on its own (a.k.a due to hardware failure.) A recent fault appeared on the laptop and they said that we had to pay something ridiculous like £187 to have it repaired.
  • Mr_Oink
    Mr_Oink Posts: 1,012 Forumite
    Options
    Although this scheme is dead, Remploy are offering £98 computers and £9 pm internet access under the "race online 2012"

More here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12205412
  • UN17ED
    UN17ED Posts: 453 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    prowla wrote: »

Hi, We got ours from Positive IT and cant find the paperwork so we can get the second year, do you just ring them up and ask them?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure