Comments

• shell1965
    Options
    BB8 Area has triggered 1 now.
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    so it has been below zero for 7 concessive days?
    unless you're in the border region, i don't think that is accurate.
    weather stations tend to be in more open/remote areas ( such as airports) and so the temperature would be lower than in built up towns.
    so rather than being annoyed by this, you should be happy!
  • Robbie64
    Robbie64 Posts: 1,940 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    shell1965 wrote: »
    BB8 Area has triggered 1 now.
    I've just checked, and yes, the DWP CWP checker is currently showing that all areas covered by Bingley weather station are showing that there has been 1 period of very cold weather.

The areas covered by Bingley weather station are

BB4, BB8-12, BB18, BD1-22, HD3, HD7-9, HX1-7, LS21, LS29, OL13-14, S36.

So that's parts of Yorkshire and Lancashire from what I can see. But no surrounding areas are recording any triggers so I wonder if the CWP checker is playing up again and this 1 trigger for the Bingley Met Office weather station will vanish like others for other parts of the country did last week?

Someone above posted a request for a list of which weather stations cover which postcode areas. These can be found in the current Cold Weather Payment Regulations at

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2014/2687/schedule/1/made
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Options
    Well, that's annoying - according to the BBC website I'm under Bingley, but the DWP put me under Linton on Ouse.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • shammyjack
    shammyjack Posts: 2,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Robbie64 wrote: »
    I've just checked, and yes, the DWP CWP checker is currently showing that all areas covered by Bingley weather station are showing that there has been 1 period of very cold weather.

The areas covered by Bingley weather station are

BB4, BB8-12, BB18, BD1-22, HD3, HD7-9, HX1-7, LS21, LS29, OL13-14, S36.

So that's parts of Yorkshire and Lancashire from what I can see. But no surrounding areas are recording any triggers so I wonder if the CWP checker is playing up again and this 1 trigger for the Bingley Met Office weather station will vanish like others for other parts of the country did last week?

Someone above posted a request for a list of which weather stations cover which postcode areas. These can be found in the current Cold Weather Payment Regulations at

If you click on next schedule (2) at the top of that page it gives an alternative weather station for Bingley as Stoneyhurst which is near Clitheroe in Lancashire .

Are the goalposts being moved to save payments ?
  • Robbie64
    edited 28 January 2015 at 11:11AM
    Options
    shammyjack wrote: »
    If you click on next schedule (2) at the top of that page it gives an alternative weather station for Bingley as Stoneyhurst which is near Clitheroe in Lancashire .

Are the goalposts being moved to save payments ?
    Alternative weather stations have been listed in a separate schedule in the regulations for many years: they are there in case the usual (primary) weather station is, for any reason, unable to provide information to the DWP. If a station isn't listed in Schedule 2 then the alternative weather station is the nearest primary weather station that is able to provide the information.
  • Robbie64
    edited 30 January 2015 at 1:33AM
    Options
    The latest Cold Weather Payment statistics report is now online. Covering the period 17 to 23 January 2015, 12 weather stations recorded a trigger during the week.

The areas that triggered this week are parts of Scotland and in England, parts of Cumbria, Northumberland, County Durham (DH8), Lancashire and Yorkshire as well as parts of the Welsh border / Shropshire area.

Latest report

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/cold-weather-payments-17-to-23-jan-2015

List of designated Met Office weather stations with postcode districts covered by each weather station

Cold Weather Payment checker

http://pensions-service.direct.gov.uk/en/cold-weather-payment/
  • jordanmini
    jordanmini Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 31 January 2015 at 12:25PM
    Options
    Hi guys the other week , i went onto the cold weather payment check, the other week it said "1 period notified" then a a few hours later i checked again it said "0 period notified" ??
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,605 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    If you read back a page or two, many of us experienced this.

Seems the calculator was falsely reporting triggers.

The weekly pdf report (linked too previously) is the best way to check.
  • HappyDale
    Options
    I received £25.00 today :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills