Cold weather payments: quickly check if you're entitled

Options

Comments

• geoff11
    geoff11 Posts: 468 Forumite
    Options
    karenccs67 wrote: »
    We received DLA for our son and I get Carers Allowance.

You may also be eligible for a Cold Weather Payment for each qualifying week if you are getting Income Support, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance or income-related Employment and Support Allowance in the assessment phase and have one of the following:
    • a pensioner premium, higher pensioner premium or enhanced pensioner premium
    • a disability premium, enhanced disability premium or severe disability premium
    • a disabled child premium
    • Child Tax Credit that includes a disability or severe disability element
    • a child who is under five in the family. i dont think you qaulify im afraid unless you have one of the disability premiums paid to you dla alone is not a qualifying benefit im led to belive.
  • sgx.saint
    sgx.saint Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi.

Our baby daughter was born less than a week ago, and according to the blurb, if you have a child under five then you're entitled to cold weather payments.

We currently don't receive any benefits, child benefit is being sorted out, and has not yet been approved/paid.

Are we actually entitled, and if so, who do I contact to arrange payment?

• geoff11
    Options
    karenccs67 wrote: »
    I think I qualify for CWP because I receive Child Tax Credit with disabled element. My postcode has triggered 3 payments to date which I havent received yet. However, when I received the payment for February 2009, they were paid in March in one lump sum. So im waiting and hoping.
    if you mean the disabled element being a disability premium then yes, if you mean disabled element as dla i dont think you do.
  • geoff11
    Options
    sgx.saint wrote: »
    Hi.

Our baby daughter was born less than a week ago, and according to the blurb, if you have a child under five then you're entitled to cold weather payments.

We currently don't receive any benefits, child benefit is being sorted out, and has not yet been approved/paid.

Are we actually entitled, and if so, who do I contact to arrange payment?

you dont qualify you need to be in reciept of certain benefits as listed in my other post.
  • sgx.saint
    sgx.saint Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    geoff11 wrote: »
    you dont qualify you need to be in reciept of certain benefits as listed in my other post.

Thanks Geoff.
  • geoff11
    Options
    your welcome.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    edited 12 January 2010 at 1:55PM
    Options
    All good news today folks, my oldest son who used to work for DWP on a contract starts a new job next week.........he is going to be a Mentor/Support Adviser and work around the job centres to help other people back into work.
    The contract with the DWP was for almost a year, but himself and others then had to go, this was a few months back when they finished, will be nice to see things settle down again.

So happy, and my hubby is also waiting to hear from a job as well.

Will be nice to come off benefits, although we are grateful, for help with the Cold weather payments and so.

Sorry this is not exactly CWP related but I want to shout my happiness out to the world, thanks for all your help.:T:T
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • geoff11
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    All good news today folks, my oldest son who used to work for DWP on a contract starts a new job next week.........he is going to be a Mentor/Support Adviser and work around the job centres to help other people back into work.

So happy, and my hubby is also waiting to hear from a job as well.

Will be nice to come off benefits, although we are grateful, for help with the Cold weather payments and so.

Sorry this is not exactly CWP related but I want to shout my happiness out to the world, thanks for all your help.:T:T
    nice to hear some good news :EasterBun
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    geoff11 wrote: »
    nice to hear some good news :EasterBun

Thank you so much.

Like many others, its been a tough year, hopefully 2010 will be a better one, cheers.:D;):beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • SingleSue
    SingleSue Posts: 11,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What absolutely wonderful news for your son Di....I can't wait for the day when I can say "Tally Ho" to the benefits.
    We made it! All three boys have graduated, it's been hard work but it shows there is a possibility of a chance of normal (ish) life after a diagnosis (or two) of ASD. It's not been the easiest route but I am so glad I ignored everything and everyone and did my own therapies with them.
    Eldests' EDS diagnosis 4.5.10, mine 13.1.11 eekk - now having fun and games as a wheelchair user.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure