Comments

• stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    September
    photome wrote: »
    Have I missed something. Why is it going on ebay
    So you can sell it for what you bought it for, and you get to keep the 2,000 points. Even if you sell it for a little less the points are worth a heck of a lot.
    I bought loads of the pre-order CD's before Xmas that had 500 points on them, the phones that had 1000 each for a £14 phone, the 2 chart CD's with 500 points, oh and the dongles, the lot got sold on Ebay, all of these netted me over 200,000 BA miles for a net lose of £100, enought to book 2 Clubclass tickets to LAS next May
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • credit_crunch
    credit_crunch Posts: 1,421 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    October , November
    exactly stoneman! as i already have an iphone & am due an upgrade i defo dont need an ipod! defo gona try those tesco extra points offers and see how i get on!!
  • trets77
    trets77 Posts: 2,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    exactly stoneman! as i already have an iphone & am due an upgrade i defo dont need an ipod! defo gona try those tesco extra points offers and see how i get on!!

ah see i could not be without a Classic Ipod with the amount of music i have .

thats a good deal though . :beer::beer::beer:
    Better in my pocket than theirs :rotfl:
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    April
    possibly a good deal for Luxor

http://www.travelzoo.com/hotels/las-vegas/853756/?ptl=done&rating=&tppct=

Step into the spotlight and save $140 at a 4-star hotel on The Strip. The iconic Luxor Las Vegas, which presents the world's brightest beam of light, introduces rates as low as $38 a night.Guests will also receive:
    • A complimentary upgrade (Sunday-Thursday) to a newly renovated tower room
    • Reserved pool seating
    • 3 p.m. late check-out
    • Express line passes as well as preferred seating at three restaurants
    • A 50% discount on a suite with a spa tub in the bedroom
    This deal is available on the following dates: July 25-29; Aug. 1-5, 8-12, 26; Nov. 21-24; Dec. 12-16, 19-23. Other midweek dates through Dec. 23 are slightly more. Weekends start at $72 per night.

The pyramid spa suites look to be about $63 on the cheapest dates...we paid almost twice that when we stayed in one in March 2008 (I know because I still have the email confirmation).
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • dannodw
    dannodw Posts: 716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    April
    The best flight deal I have found for my dates, im tempted to book right now!

Just got to hold off till everything is confirmed regarding holiday dates.

The 5 1/2 hour stop over in Paris is annoying, but im sure we can live with it.

I presume on the flight there, opposed to a transfer, there is a stop-over. Not sure if that means a plane stop, but not getting off, or normal plane swap.

vegasmz.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • wdyw
    wdyw Posts: 962 Forumite
    Options
    Headed down to the Lv51's game last night. Stopped off for lunch at Top of the World. Excellent food, excellent portions (both had to leave part of our mains), staff were spot on and for once looked like they were enjoying what they were doing. Both of us had starters, a cocktail, and a main - add on tip and had change from $100.

So headed down to the game and were given free tickets for behind home plate (thanks Bruno + Lisa) and to top the evening off were asked to lead the communal singing at the seventh inning stretch.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    wdyw wrote: »
    Headed down to the Lv51's game last night. Stopped off for lunch at Top of the World. Excellent food, excellent portions (both had to leave part of our mains), staff were spot on and for once looked like they were enjoying what they were doing. Both of us had starters, a cocktail, and a main - add on tip and had change from $100.

So headed down to the game and were given free tickets for behind home plate (thanks Bruno + Lisa) and to top the evening off were asked to lead the communal singing at the seventh inning stretch.

I want to see the LV51s in august, have looked at booking online but they come up unavailable, does that mean they have sold out? I didnt think they had sell out crowds
  • wdyw
    wdyw Posts: 962 Forumite
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    I want to see the LV51s in august, have looked at booking online but they come up unavailable, does that mean they have sold out? I didnt think they had sell out crowds

Don't bother with booking tickets before you arrive. Ticket office is typically open from 12 the day of the game (most games are evening games starting at 7:05 (major league does this also - starting games predominantly at :05 or :35 - probably allowing them (TV) to cover the ceremonial first pitch, the anthem and then team lists). Gates open 6:00pm for a &;05 game and typical crowd is
    4-5k which means the stadium is typically half full at best (this year they are doing poorly so crowds will be down). $4 to park in the stadium car park, tickets from $9 to $14, beer $5.50 for 20oz, pepsi $5 for 32 oz (half ice!)
  • kelda_shelton
    kelda_shelton Posts: 1,097 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    September
    ferf1223 wrote: »
    I think it's the first time that CSI has been available this way, so not sure. I would check back in a couple of weeks and see. Really, I would read the reviews of it as most don't think it's worth it but at least if you go expecting it to be just so-so you might be pleasantly surprised.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g45963-d1550706-Reviews-CSI_The_Experience-Las_Vegas_Nevada.html

If he likes that sort of thing, I'd really recommend Mystery Adventures...we've already been twice and will go again when the mystery changes.

Thanks!

Its more the CSI thing he's interest in.. he's seen the reviews so as long as we get at the $15 and go with the attitude we should be fine.. he also wants to go the atomic bomb museum too! *rolls eyes* So we'll need to keep a look out for deals for that too.
  • jaytay
    jaytay Posts: 100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    October , November
    Notice that the BA nonstop flight has dropped a hell of a lot for dates in october £650 last week £474 today for the dates that I was looking for 13th-25th.On opodo as well so 1.5% quidco to :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 1 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport