Las Vegas thread and MSE guide 2010

Options

Comments

• Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Options
    Every time we've picked up in Vegas (no express bookings), either Dollar or Thrifty, some very uninterested woman has tended to look at our documents, and wave vaguely over there and "pick one of them".

On the exit, they just seem to associate the actual car youre in with your booking reference.

Always seems to me that I could book the equivalent of a Smart car and drive out in a Chrysler 300. Anyone else seen this, and/or taken a nicer car than paid for?
    illegitimi non carborundum
  • MissNobody
    MissNobody Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    July
    Just a quickie re comfy feet which may be of help to anyone going whilst it is hot...

I got some Havaiana Flip Flops just before I went so they weren't worn in (bit silly but I had read on line reviews about them being comfortable) I wore these all day for 5 out of 7 days, we did a lot of walking and they didn't rub and my feet didn't ache - my legs muscles were another matter but that is lack of use!!

The other days I wore my Birkenstocks.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,363 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    ferf1223 wrote: »
    Hi - I've never tried contacting Dollar (I think pebbles had and never had any joy so I never even tried)...I've always added my Express number to the CH3000 booking either by emailing CH3000 or going into the online page to update booking and so far it's worked. I think that even if it doesn't (i.e they don't have your contract printed and waiting) you can still use the Express booth downstairs...at least I did a few times before I started adding my Express number to the CH3000 booking.

but I have definately used the Express counter on 3rd party bookings - several times in Vegas and Chicago...but again, I never contacted Dollar in advance. In some cases (at ORD only, I think), even if I hadn't updated the booking with CH3000 to include the Express info, Dollar picked it up and I had a car ready and waiting with the contract inside the car (ORD is one of those locations they pre-assign you a car).

Thanks

i wish I hadnt emailed them but I do have the issue of still having to add my wife as an extra driver.

I did add my DE number on to my CH3000 voucher via their website and they have sent me the updated voucher.

i may change the booking so that I am the only driver to save the hassle as I always pay for the extra driver "just in case" but my wife has NEVER got behind the wheel in 12 years
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,363 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Froggitt wrote: »
    Every time we've picked up in Vegas (no express bookings), either Dollar or Thrifty, some very uninterested woman has tended to look at our documents, and wave vaguely over there and "pick one of them".

On the exit, they just seem to associate the actual car youre in with your booking reference.

Always seems to me that I could book the equivalent of a Smart car and drive out in a Chrysler 300. Anyone else seen this, and/or taken a nicer car than paid for?

I wouldnt say they have waved vaguely, what they have done is told me to pick a car from a certain group of cars
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Options
    Crown $1.56 for 13 Sept onwards.
    illegitimi non carborundum
  • Cand
    Cand Posts: 264 Forumite
    Options
    September
    MissNobody wrote: »
    Just a quickie re comfy feet which may be of help to anyone going whilst it is hot...

I got some Havaiana Flip Flops just before I went so they weren't worn in (bit silly but I had read on line reviews about them being comfortable) I wore these all day for 5 out of 7 days, we did a lot of walking and they didn't rub and my feet didn't ache - my legs muscles were another matter but that is lack of use!!

The other days I wore my Birkenstocks.
    I love Havi's me and the hubby wear them all the time when were in Vegas. I managed to get some for $5 in Macys last year and they let me have the 10% off aswell from the passport thing which I was suprised at. :)
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    May
    Current USD rate today is $1.54 so the $1.56 from CCE is a hedge against the rate dropping.
  • webbie13
    webbie13 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    August
    thank you all for the info i will look into all the different savings that can be had, and then make a choice!! also good to see the $ rate creeping up wouldnt mind getting a rate of about $1.55. 18 woring days to go!!!!!!!
    11 days (only 4 working :rotfl:) and counting till VEGAS:beer:
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    April
    photome wrote: »
    I wouldnt say they have waved vaguely, what they have done is told me to pick a car from a certain group of cars

Me too - since they group the cars by class on the lot. I don't normally try to tip for an upgrade because I usually rent what I want. But once all they had left in mid-size were PT Cruisers and when my face fell, the guy pointed me to something much nicer (cannot remember what) and said 'aw, you can take that instead' so I tipped him. :)
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • tingtong
    tingtong Posts: 580 Forumite
    Options
    Restaurant.com - 80% off vouchers

CODE: PLATE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts