The Sewing Room

Options

Comments

• Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I really want a cantilever sewing box!
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • hmo
    hmo Posts: 1,213 Forumite
    Options
    Kaz2904 wrote: »
    Went to the charity shop today and got these for £5.......
    th_SAM_0375.jpg

th_SAM_0372.jpg

th_SAM_0371.jpg

I can't wait to finish DD's skirt so I can get making some blinds with these babies. I have painting to do first before I can pretty everythin up.
    Don't know if I can sew tonight, have a horrible headache caused by the pressure of the weather. I tacked her thing earlier but had to undo the whole lot again as it didn't sit right :(

great finds well done
  • hmo
    Options
    Rummer wrote: »

i got one off freecycle last week, do you have one in your area, have a look on the net and if so ask on there you never know you may be lucky.

the first thing i ever got last year was an overlocker and ive just had the sewing box and ive had a desk that i painted up and its being used as a dressing table in my dd bedroom.
  • hmo
    Options
    ive made this wall art vinyl tonight and put it on the wall at the end of my sewing desk.

dandelion1.jpg

theres a close up on my blog too
  • irishgirl62
    irishgirl62 Posts: 1,548 Forumite
    Options
    Rummer wrote: »

Me too!!!!!
    I am determined to lose weight!:kisses3:
    Weight loss so far 2 stones 6lbs!! :j:j
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hmo that is gorgeous! I have been trying to think of a gift for my friends baby boy and I have decided to make him a monster doll. Going to sketch out a design tonight and I will get it put together tomorrow. Going to keep it nice and simple but the only problem is the material that I have is a dark pink cord style do you think that will be ok?

Also I have some lovely cotton material maybe about a meter square and I want to make something for my sisters birthday and I wondered if any of you had any ideas of a simple project I could try?
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • hmo
    edited 8 May 2011 at 12:30AM
    Options
    i would think that would be fine.

what kind of thing are you thinking for your sister, i will look for some tuts or links for you.
    try here for starters
    http://www.noodle-head.com/p/tutorials.html
  • hart44
    hart44 Posts: 1,610 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning everyone :D
    I din't get any sewing done yesterday :( I was busy listing on ebay :( I need space for sewing :rotfl:

I love your skirts MissPixie :D :T
    hmo :D your craft room wall art is beautiful and I love the cushion :T

Well done on your finds Kaz :DI love bargain hunting especialy when it comes to sewing finds :D I have a sewing box like yours, it was my nan's and my mum gave it to me, I love it :D

I must keep a watch out for that mag Keiss :Dand thank you for the link Pootle :Dif I like the mag I think it will be another one to subscribe to :rotfl:
    Hope to ssew today before I have to go 2 weeks with no sewing at all (well as its my left hand being done this time Im sure to find a way around that :rotfl:)
    Hope to catch you all later and you all have a happy sewing day :D
    Getting myself sorted 1 day/1thing at a time :) and Love sewing :)
    "Sewing fills my days,
    not to mention the living room, bedroom, and closets."
    ~ Author Unknown
  • irishgirl62
    irishgirl62 Posts: 1,548 Forumite
    Options
    I got my DS wallet done yesterday in between housework so that today i could have more time on the machine! :-)

you can see it on my blog it is here http://sharonfranklin.blogspot.com/2011/05/wallet-from-my-ds-jeans.html
    I am determined to lose weight!:kisses3:
    Weight loss so far 2 stones 6lbs!! :j:j
  • Kaz2904
    Kaz2904 Posts: 5,797 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Funnily enough, my Auntie had one of these sewing boxes when we were small (despite never sewing anything) she also had a massive button jar. I joked with her a while back that I wanted her sewing box and she said she'd got rid of it. When I bought this one yesterday, DD said "Nanny's got one of them" (she calls my Aunt Nanny because they raised me so she's more like my Mum IYSWIM). She then went on to say that Nanny's sewing box was full of stuff too!
    Humph! Never mind, I have my own now and it's going to be beautiful when it's finished :D
    Debt: 16/04/2007:TOTAL DEBT [strike]£92727.75[/strike] £49395.47:eek: :eek: :eek: £43332.28 repaid 100.77% of £43000 target.
    MFiT T2: Debt [STRIKE]£52856.59[/STRIKE] £6316.14 £46540.45 repaid 101.17% of £46000 target.
    2013 Target: completely clear my [STRIKE]£6316.14[/STRIKE] £0 mortgage debt. £6316.14 100% repaid.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure