The Sewing Room

Options

Comments

• hmo
    hmo Posts: 1,213 Forumite
    edited 8 May 2011 at 8:40PM
    Options
    MissPixie wrote: »
    I have been super busy today had to rearrange my craft room as we had no space for uni work and I had piled up the bed with stuff. My craft room is my little brothers old bedroom for when he used to stay here a lot he hardly does now but we have him for 5 days this week which means he needs a bed :(

It does look much better for being tidied because it is such a small room. Does anyone have any tutorials for storage, useful things for a craft room? I made a quick fabric bucket thing with a tab to be hung on a hook today, I am going to make some more smaller ones this week

what about something like this
    http://www.themotherhuddle.com/hanging-fabric-storage-baskets/

doesnt have to be used for toys

or this

http://cadouri-din-inima.blogspot.com/2010/09/fabric-boxes.html
  • Kaz2904
    Kaz2904 Posts: 5,797 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Just uploading some pictures of DD's almost finished pettiskirt. I still need to add the frill on but will go and get some shirring elastic tomorrow. I also need to go around and snip off all the dangling threads and tie up all the loose ends.
    For my first ever dabbling into clothes making, I'm reasonably happy with it. I think I have learned an awful lot along the way and won't be so afraid to tackle anything in the future.
    This baby has over 5metres of awful neon orange fabric in it!
    (Please excuse the colours by the way!).

th_SAM_0376.jpg

Messy bedroom to boot :(
    th_SAM_0377.jpg

You can see a little of the green frill on here.
    th_SAM_0378.jpg

Having a twirl :D
    th_SAM_0379.jpg

5 metres of chiffon in this baby!
    th_SAM_0380.jpg

Thanks guys for all the support along the way and hopefully I will have time to get my quilt started in the very near future :o
    Debt: 16/04/2007:TOTAL DEBT [strike]£92727.75[/strike] £49395.47:eek: :eek: :eek: £43332.28 repaid 100.77% of £43000 target.
    MFiT T2: Debt [STRIKE]£52856.59[/STRIKE] £6316.14 £46540.45 repaid 101.17% of £46000 target.
    2013 Target: completely clear my [STRIKE]£6316.14[/STRIKE] £0 mortgage debt. £6316.14 100% repaid.
  • Kaz2904
    Kaz2904 Posts: 5,797 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    PS. hmo, I love your wall art and your notice board. One very clever lady :)
    Pixie, love your skirts too.
    In fact, I love seeing everyones makes, it's very inspiring isn't it?
    I have some quilting books from the library which I may settle down with tonight.
    Got to try and get on with DD's skull dress tomorrow. Or she may want a top, not sure what she's after yet.
    If she has a top, then I could try to make her some board shorts. Anyone have a link to a tutorial for them?
    Debt: 16/04/2007:TOTAL DEBT [strike]£92727.75[/strike] £49395.47:eek: :eek: :eek: £43332.28 repaid 100.77% of £43000 target.
    MFiT T2: Debt [STRIKE]£52856.59[/STRIKE] £6316.14 £46540.45 repaid 101.17% of £46000 target.
    2013 Target: completely clear my [STRIKE]£6316.14[/STRIKE] £0 mortgage debt. £6316.14 100% repaid.
  • MissPixie
    MissPixie Posts: 2,380 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks hmo! I love the ones on the first link I am going to wilkinsons tomorrow to get a hacksaw so I will have a look if they have any kind of pole I could use :) I want as much on the walls as possible because I have now filled all the floor space with shelves and boxes.

I love your skirt Kaz, it is very colourful! :)
    Getting married Wednesday 24th August 2011!
    :D
    2010 wins:
    approx £2198
    2011 wins value so far: approx £650
  • hart44
    hart44 Posts: 1,610 Forumite
    Options
    Wow! Kaz no wonder you were spitting when doing the skirt, it is lovely but I can see it has been a bit of a pain to do :rotfl:
    Well done :T you have done a great job :T

hmo I went to Cromford Mill yesterday and found the quilting/fabric shop :D:D:D and as you do I came out with lots of fabric and a promise to the owner I will be back :rotfl:

Mooloo :D thank you for the clutch bag link :D it doesn't look too hard, I might make one for my DD for her prom night :D

I finished the bags I started a few days back and also some more scrappy loyalty card wallets :D I will post some pic's tomorrow, too knackered now :o and its getting too dark to take the photo's :o
    Getting myself sorted 1 day/1thing at a time :) and Love sewing :)
    "Sewing fills my days,
    not to mention the living room, bedroom, and closets."
    ~ Author Unknown
  • hmo
    Options
    hart44 wrote: »
    Wow! Kaz no wonder you were spitting when doing the skirt, it is lovely but I can see it has been a bit of a pain to do :rotfl:
    Well done :T you have done a great job :T

hmo I went to Cromford Mill yesterday and found the quilting/fabric shop :D:D:D and as you do I came out with lots of fabric and a promise to the owner I will be back :rotfl:

Mooloo :D thank you for the clutch bag link :D it doesn't look too hard, I might make one for my DD for her prom night :D

I finished the bags I started a few days back and also some more scrappy loyalty card wallets :D I will post some pic's tomorrow, too knackered now :o and its getting too dark to take the photo's :o

glad you found it, it would have been rude to leave without buying something now wouldnt it!

have you been to the other fabric/quilt shop at darley dale matlock ive not been since last year but thats nice too.
  • hmo
    Options
    MissPixie wrote: »
    Thanks hmo! I love the ones on the first link I am going to wilkinsons tomorrow to get a hacksaw so I will have a look if they have any kind of pole I could use :) I want as much on the walls as possible because I have now filled all the floor space with shelves and boxes.

I love your skirt Kaz, it is very colourful! :)

what about maybe a local wood yard/ diy shop or b&q you can buy dowling in all widths that would probably do and use cuphooks to hold the dowling after you have slid on the storage baskets.
  • hmo
    Options
    Kaz2904 wrote: »
    PS. hmo, I love your wall art and your notice board. One very clever lady :)
    Pixie, love your skirts too.
    In fact, I love seeing everyones makes, it's very inspiring isn't it?
    I have some quilting books from the library which I may settle down with tonight.
    Got to try and get on with DD's skull dress tomorrow. Or she may want a top, not sure what she's after yet.
    If she has a top, then I could try to make her some board shorts. Anyone have a link to a tutorial for them?

thank you, thats very kind of you
  • rufusdog52
    rufusdog52 Posts: 3,972 Forumite
    Options
    Some lovely makes on here again everyone. I am going to spend the day upstairs sewing as OH has gone to work. Cant wait really, I have withdrawal symptoms lol.
  • hart44
    hart44 Posts: 1,610 Forumite
    Options
    hmo I am trying to be good and not buy any more fabric until I have used up what I have :rotfl: but thank you :D I will have to go check the shop out after my hand is better :D
    I love your notice board :T I have had a cork board to make one since last year :o

Rufus I know I will be feeling like that after a few days but Im hoping as it's my left hand being done this time I am hoping I will be able to get some sewing done :rotfl:

When I had my 1st home I couldn't afford curtain rails to start with so we used dowling (it was a lot cheaper then 80's :o)
    I have had that tutorial on my fav's list for ages now and realy want to make the tubs as like you MissPixie I am running out of space :o
    Im off to update my homepage :D
    Getting myself sorted 1 day/1thing at a time :) and Love sewing :)
    "Sewing fills my days,
    not to mention the living room, bedroom, and closets."
    ~ Author Unknown
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills