MSE Parents Club Part 9

Replies

• elle_gee wrote: »
    Yup.. It's a 03 Fiesta Zetec 1.4 5dr (mine is a 03 Fiesta LX 1.25 3dr) :)

off to be nosey..

eta is its reg starting FV03, dark blue/black?
    :heart2: Charlie born Aug 2007 :heart2: Reece born May 2009
    :heart2:Toby born Apr and taken by SMA Dec 2012
    :heart2: Baby boy failed M/C @ 20 wks Oct 2013 :heart2: Sienna born Oct 2014
  • Sami_BeeSami_Bee Forumite
    14.6K Posts
    3 I think it would be a rather uncomfortable squeeze to have a 'normal' car with 3 kids even without the carseat/booster issues :o
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • elle_geeelle_gee Forumite
    8.6K Posts
    off to be nosey..

eta is its reg starting FV03, dark blue/black?

Yeah! :) I do really like my car.. I just wasn't thinking of practicalities of 5drs when I boughtit five years ago ;)
    14.6K Posts
    Thats a point, when/if I learn to drive I'll have to get a whole new seat, I don't think Toby's current one will fit in the back!

I keep trying to persuade OH to let me sell my car and learn to drive an automatic, but he thinks I should drive a manual. I'm not keen though.
    why wouldn't toby's seat fit it?
    You've had lessons before haven't you? did you find the clutch particulary hard? I love driving an auto but I like that I'm not limited to just them IYSWIM :)
  • Glam - as long as you n me are fine :kisses3:

OH did say when we got it though, that just because we have 7 seats, I DO NOT need to fill them. (This was a year before V was on her way :D) I only need a set of twins now to fill it.

I KNEW you were broody :T

;)

Kids over 1m 35cm don't offically need a booster seat.
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • elle_gee wrote: »
    Yeah! :) I do really like my car.. I just wasn't thinking of practicalities of 5drs when I boughtit five years ago ;)

Ring them up and ask roughly what would they offer px for yours that way you can out the phone down and think about it without being pressured. Just tell them you are interested in one of the cars on the forecourt but don't tell them which one so they can't identify you if you go to look at it.

Do you think the colour will show dirt easily though?
    :heart2: Charlie born Aug 2007 :heart2: Reece born May 2009
    :heart2:Toby born Apr and taken by SMA Dec 2012
    :heart2: Baby boy failed M/C @ 20 wks Oct 2013 :heart2: Sienna born Oct 2014
  • GlamazonGlamazon Forumite
    8.4K Posts
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    Glam have you looked at the chicco one on kiddicare? I posted a link for MM last night its about £60 inc footmuff n rain cover and you can use quidco x

No I didn't but I see you said a lot of people go for the M&P ARia which is teh 2nd hand one that we have so I guess I should be more MSE and just clean it instead of buying new!

I doubt I'll use it much as I tend to use the sling anyway.
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

Where does the time go? :think:
  • Not speaking to my mum (can I join your club Beenie :p) She's a fool, asked me for my £30 of argos vouchers, I obviously said No! And she went in a huff and said im tight, I WAS LIKE WHAT YOU TOOK OUT A STORE CARD IN MY NAME AND I HAD TO PAY OFF THE DEBT WHICH YOU HAVENT EVEN GIVEN ME A FIVER TOWARDS AND IM THE TIGHT ONE!?!

sounds like something my mothers done many many times x
    :)Still searching .....:)
    14.6K Posts
    tbh and FWIW Elle I dont think a 3dr is that much hassle, for me it was more the factor of wanting another baby that pushed us into getting a 5dr even that said my friend has a 3dr beetle and does fine with her 2 girls
  • elle_geeelle_gee Forumite
    8.6K Posts
    Ring them up and ask roughly what would they offer px for yours that way you can out the phone down and think about it without being pressured. Just tell them you are interested in one of the cars on the forecourt but don't tell them which one so they can't identify you if you go to look at it.

Do you think the colour will show dirt easily though?

What ya saying? That you know I don't clean my car regularly?! ;):p :rotfl: (which I don't.. can't remember the last time it went through the car wash - was going to do it on the way to the garage! ;)).

Will phone them when I get back in later. Suppose they need to see it in daylight anyway so I haven't got time to go this afternoon now :o

Don't suppose you can make Boogie Babies at half one? I hadn't asked before cos I assumed DH would be at work with the car.. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

54 ways to ‘DIY it’

According to the MSE Forum

MSE Team Blog

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News

Lidl '£10 off £40 spend' voucher

Via Metro or Daily Mail. Excludes NI

MSE Deals