MSE Parents Club Part 9

Replies

• elle_geeelle_gee Forumite
    8.6K Posts
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    1st person I consulted when I looked at getting my 1st car was Daddy :)

Daddy said "talk to your sister" :p :cool: She's on her second car (I've still got my first) and she bartered with the garage for a good part exchange and a bargain both times. Dad has company cars so, by his own admission, is no good at bartering and sales patter ;) Am waiting for sis to reply to my txt... *drums fingers on table*
  • got-it-spend-itgot-it-spend-it Forumite
    5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday Izzy and congratulations Ladybird on a whole year of mummyhood!
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • Sami_BeeSami_Bee Forumite
    14.6K Posts
    FYI has everyone checked out the Argos clearance for their local stores?
    Mine have some seamingly really good deals inc a walker/ride on for £7.99 and loads of ideal kids b-day prezzies for sub £5 :)
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • what car you looking at then elle? Is it at hartwell?
    :heart2: Charlie born Aug 2007 :heart2: Reece born May 2009
    :heart2:Toby born Apr and taken by SMA Dec 2012
    :heart2: Baby boy failed M/C @ 20 wks Oct 2013 :heart2: Sienna born Oct 2014
  • GlamazonGlamazon Forumite
    8.4K Posts
    scrap the hauck question - too many poor reviews
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

Where does the time go? :think:
    14.6K Posts
    elle_gee wrote: »
    Daddy said "talk to your sister" :p :cool: She's on her second car (I've still got my first) and she bartered with the garage for a good part exchange and a bargain both times. Dad has company cars so, by his own admission, is no good at bartering and sales patter ;) Am waiting for sis to reply to my txt... *drums fingers on table*
    lol I have since learnt that I know more about cars than my Dad :rotfl:so we make our own mind up now (with a quick check with ILs on their very reasonable interest free loans ;))

We keep looking at the picaso but then OH remembers that I would definitely bump such a big car parking it and that I'd want to fill the seats with more babies so changes his mind :p
    14.6K Posts
    Glam have you looked at the chicco one on kiddicare? I posted a link for MM last night its about £60 inc footmuff n rain cover and you can use quidco x
  • Sami_Bee wrote: »
    We keep looking at the picaso but then OH remembers that I would definitely bump such a big car parking it and that I'd want to fill the seats with more babies so changes his mind :p

It is a very nice car :p and I haven't managed to hit anything when parking it in almost 3 years. :T
    (OH has managed to hit a cyclist in it - no, the cyclist hit him. :eek:)

OH did say when we got it though, that just because we have 7 seats, I DO NOT need to fill them. (This was a year before V was on her way :D) I only need a set of twins now to fill it.

We're thinking about going smaller this year, the one before this was a 5 door astra which I liked, but anyone with more than two children, can you comfortably fit a car seat and two boosters in the back of a normal sized family car? (Although DS probably doesn't need the booster now, he's almost as tall as me!). :eek:
    :beer:
  • elle_geeelle_gee Forumite
    8.6K Posts
    what car you looking at then elle? Is it at hartwell?

Yup.. It's a 03 Fiesta Zetec 1.4 5dr (mine is a 03 Fiesta LX 1.25 3dr) :)
  • Thats a point, when/if I learn to drive I'll have to get a whole new seat, I don't think Toby's current one will fit in the back!

I keep trying to persuade OH to let me sell my car and learn to drive an automatic, but he thinks I should drive a manual. I'm not keen though.
    Stay-at-home, attached Mummy to a 23lb 10oz, 11 month old baby boy.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

54 ways to ‘DIY it’

According to the MSE Forum

MSE Team Blog

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News

Lidl '£10 off £40 spend' voucher

Via Metro or Daily Mail. Excludes NI

MSE Deals