MSE Parents Club Part 9

Replies

• well another hit for my household this morning .. oh and morning BTW ...philip ony got paid £92 we think he got emergency taxed so if he has gotta sort that out which im not sure how .. anything else to go wrong??? ..

happy birthday izzy :) x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • Searching - has he got his payslip - if so what tax code have they put him on?

FWIW, emergency tax is "normal tax" - code should be 647L, which means he only gets taxed on what he earns over 6479 a year (so that would be divided by 2 to get a weekly figure, or 12 to get a monthly one). If his tax code shows BR then he would have been taxed 20% on the lot. They should ony have used BR if he didn't gove them a p45 ot fill out a p46 to say it was his only job.

Send me a PM if you need a hand!
    :heart:Isabella Molly born 14th January 2009:heart:
    New challenge for 2011 - saving up vouchers to pay for Chistmas!
    Amazon £48.61 Luncheon Vouchers £24
  • Morning all, Happy Birthday Izzy! Gorgeous photos

Sb & MFD re India, we went to Sri Lanka when Millie was 3 and I was really uncomfortable with it for the first few days but its such an experience so far outside anything I'd seen before. The people there really want tourism, nearly every sri lankan we met who asked us to tell people back in england to come and visit. We also took pencils and exercise books for the kids and toiletries for the adults and we left all the clothes we had taken for Millie for our roomboy to share between the hotel staffs kids. I'd go back tomorrow if I could.
    MFW Start Sep 07 £79484, Now £58774
  • Searching - has he got his payslip - if so what tax code have they put him on?

FWIW, emergency tax is "normal tax" - code should be 647L, which means he only gets taxed on what he earns over 6479 a year (so that would be divided by 2 to get a weekly figure, or 12 to get a monthly one). If his tax code shows BR then he would have been taxed 20% on the lot. They should ony have used BR if he didn't gove them a p45 ot fill out a p46 to say it was his only job.

Send me a PM if you need a hand!

hes never worked so he did a p46 .. so does that mean he got taxed 20% .. should he speak to his work? ... no payslip yet and doubt he will for a couple of days x
  • BeenieCatBeenieCat Forumite
    6.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't feel bad for giving her a dummy last night but i'd be bothered if she seemed to be too dependant on it. Not sure why... I think i just see too many older kids with dummies stuck in their faces at all times, and it's used as a way to shut them up whether they wanted it or not.

For a young baby and used as a soother i don't mind her having it. But i'm a hypocrite because i feel that wy now but if it ends up making life easier i won't then make life harder :eek:
    My :eek: << was more that it took a dummy to get her off, and that's never happened before, but after many feeding attempts and her kicking off, i figured she'd chill a bit.
    She still gags when i first give her it :rotfl: and pulls her best '!!!!!!? There's no milk in this, pfft' face
  • morning
    got leaflet this am for the asda baby/toddler event...
    mega box pampers £12
    box 12 pampers sensitive wipes £8
    graco highchair £25

and the usual other offers...
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • FitzioFitzio Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Good morning ladies and gentlemen.

Happy 1st Birthday to Izzy! _party_

Took Holly to get weighed yesterday and she is now 13lb 15oz. The Wii Fit said she was 13lbs, so it proves it's not very accurate! Also, I had her weighed in her vest and nappy. I think they prefer to do it naked as that's in the guidelines, but seemed quite happy to have her weighed in vest and nappy as it was cold, and that's how my HV did it when she was visiting our home.

It's snowing here again! Yesterday, I could see a bit of grass in my garden for the first time since about 23rd December. Today, it's all white again. And the slush is frozen and icy, so roads are still quite bad. We are off to meet friends for a Pizza Hut buffet lunch today. Normally go to Baby Sensory on a Thursday but it's not back until next week.
  • p46 has 3 options on it. If he ticked the one to say this is his first job this tax year then he should have been put on the 647L tax code, and probably shouldn't have been taxed at all (he should get the tax allowances for the year so far before he starts paying tax - sounds like he didn't earn that much!). I would guess either he didn't tick the right box or that they've not done it right. If they've not done it right you can ask they recalculate it and pay him correctly. If he ticked the wrong box you can still ask if he can do another p46 for them to recalculate, but if he's not working there any more they might insist it is no longer their problem, in which case you can still get it back, but it would have to be from the revenue directly.
    :heart:Isabella Molly born 14th January 2009:heart:
    New challenge for 2011 - saving up vouchers to pay for Chistmas!
    Amazon £48.61 Luncheon Vouchers £24
  • Happy Birthday Izzy!

xx
  • p46 has 3 options on it. If he ticked the one to say this is his first job this tax year then he should have been put on the 647L tax code, and probably shouldn't have been taxed at all (he should get the tax allowances for the year so far before he starts paying tax - sounds like he didn't earn that much!). I would guess either he didn't tick the right box or that they've not done it right. If they've not done it right you can ask they recalculate it and pay him correctly. If he ticked the wrong box you can still ask if he can do another p46 for them to recalculate, but if he's not working there any more they might insist it is no longer their problem, in which case you can still get it back, but it would have to be from the revenue directly.

he says hes sure he ticked the right box so looks like a trip to meadowhall tomorrow to ask some question thank you for your help x
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES