MSE Parents Club Part 9

Replies

• Sami_BeeSami_Bee Forumite
    14.6K Posts
    elle_gee wrote: »
    Don't know if they still do it, but I got £100 for using their transfer service and they've sorted it all, no missing or late DDs at all :D

Talking of car seats.. is a rear facing next stage car seat going to be a real pain in a three door car? :cool:
    all my DDs come out of 'my' account so I have to move pennies from the joint to mine all the time so it's better that they're bot with the same bank i think, oh well nevermind.

rear facing grp1 in a 3 door? I wouldn't go there :)
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
    14.6K Posts
    ps I think the rear facing grp1 would mean you had to have your seat quite far forward, a problem as your a bit tall?...

why I never use the spa on hols...
    "Due to high temperatures and humidity in the saunas it is imperative that you are naked.
    Entering into a sauna with swimwear is extremely unhygienic and can cause health problems so is therefore
    prohibited. You are however welcome to cover yourself with a towel and please use a second one cover the seat
    completely."
  • elle_geeelle_gee Forumite
    8.6K Posts
    Nah, thought it might be a bad idea :rotfl: It'll be a while yet.. Rhys is just over 5kg and his SX seat goes up to 13kg (I think) - though I'm not sure my arms will manage that! :rolleyes: Once I'm back at work we're going to see if we can free up some money to change the cars - 5dr is definitely on my list of requirements!

ETA: Rhys sits behind the passenger seat in my car and we don't use my car very often if all three of us are going out.. OH fiddles with the buttons in my car too much for my liking! :cool:
    14.6K Posts
    Baby calling me, nighty night Elle xx

make sure you take your pram/buggy to try in the boot when you look at new cars :cool:
  • BeenieCatBeenieCat Forumite
    6.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    /random thought

Morrison's breast pads are about as useful as putting a polo mint in my bra.

and

I've had to give Amber a dummy to get her off to sleep :eek:
    Fingers crossed she stays that way for a few hours!

Night :p
  • elle_geeelle_gee Forumite
    8.6K Posts
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    Baby calling me, nighty night Elle xx

make sure you take your pram/buggy to try in the boot when you look at new cars :cool:

Have a new smaller pushchair waiting for once we have a new fixed-in-car carseat ;)

Night night xx
  • redmel1621redmel1621 Forumite
    6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't get it, why does everyone feel :o or go :eek: when they say they have given their baby a dummy:confused: There is nothing wrong with them, and is apparantly proven to reduce the risk of cot death if you do give your baby a dummy while they fall asleep.

I swear by them ds1 had one and ds3 has one and after my experience of ds2 with no dummy I would literally strap one to the face of this next baby and any after that. I would much rather see a baby with a dummy than a 10yr old with sticking out teeth caused by thumb sucking, or a teenager walking around actually sucking their thumb (yes I know both people:rolleyes:)

Sorry that turned into a bit of a rant, but I just find it frustrating that parents feel bad about doing anything that 'they' consider 'wrong' :cool:

Got a busy day today, TK Maxx to return some stuff of dh's then to visit my mum in her new place, which is, conveniently, close to a large pram shop that stocks iCandy;) Also my sister randomly txt last night to see what I am doing today at 12.30? By the time I saw her txt it was quite late so I haven't had a reply back yet, to find out what she wants.

Kai must be better he only woke once last night and that was at 4.30am went straight back to sleep once I had covered him up and given him his dummy:D

Off to straighten hair and get dressed then get kids to school, have a nice day everyone:)

Mel x
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • Morning all!

I have a strange baby - I thought I'd give her jam on her bread as a birthday treat, but she won't eat it! She has inhalled a banana though, and eaten the cheerios :)

We are doing our normal Thursday routine (library singing, lunch with our friends, clinic) so won't be about much, hope everyone has a good day :)
    :heart:Isabella Molly born 14th January 2009:heart:
    New challenge for 2011 - saving up vouchers to pay for Chistmas!
    Amazon £48.61 Luncheon Vouchers £24
  • chopstickschopsticks Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Morning :wave:
    Work yesterday was pretty good, It was easier going back than I thought it would be. However, thay was probably due to me knowing it was for one day and Caitlin was in her own home with my mum for the day. It'll be a different story in April when I go back for three days and leave Caitlin at nursery!

I hope Elle's, AF's and Feely's days went OK yesterday and Sami's Chris had a good birthday.

Plans for today include making Caitlin lots of food to put in the freezer as supplies are running a bit low and walking to the post office (Maz, the fairy post will be on its way today, I promise!). I bought a footmuff from John Lewis which arrived yesterday so might try that out today if I can work out how to convert the pram to a pushchair. If anyone is looking for a reasonably-priced footmuff, it was £14.50 from John Lewis and looks pretty good.

Off to read back a few pages now, I probably won't get to read all of yesterday's posts though.
  • chopstickschopsticks Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    :j:jHAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY IZZY :j:j
    :bdaycake:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides