MSE Parents Club Part 9

Replies

• wi3adorawi3adora Forumite
    633 Posts
    Happy Birthday Izzy xx

Me and Daniel are off out to the Trafford Centre with my brother later on. Hoping I can spend some of my Christmas money, haven't seen anything I like in the sales yet?

Hope everyone has a good day xx
    Mummy to D born 21/04/09 and S born 09/05/12
  • elle_geeelle_gee Forumite
    8.6K Posts
    Morning all,

:bdaycake:_party_:dance: Happy 1st Birthday Izzy :dance:_party_:bdaycake:

Depending on the weather, we may be going out to Boogie Babies later. We had another dusting of snow last night so I'm waiting for OH's opinion on the roads - being stuck down a tiny cul-de-sac is not representative of the rest of town :cool:

Also may go down to the local Ford dealer and find out how much my car is worth for part exchange.. :o After mentioning 3dr vs 5dr cars last night, I quickly looked online and found a perfect car for not much more than mine is worth (same age, better spec than mine but mine has less miles) so I'm contemplating a speedy (rash?) purchase :eek: Have txt my Dad for his opinion.. good ol' Dad ;)

Hope everyone has a good day and gets about safely xx
  • r.mac_2r.mac_2 Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    morning - Happy Birthday Izzy! I can't believe that she is 1 today :D Well done ladybird. You've done a great job.

haven't read back as a bit short of time today. Hope everyone well and hugs to those who aren't/are poorly/just want some love!

Have a Makka Pakka drying out and a cake to bake this afternoon while LO in bed, so have to get my skates on as we are also going out to soft play - a busy day! Unfortunately it is snowing (and lying) again so this is week 4 of weather trauma. It's too bad for me to drive so It's on with the big boots and warm clothes again. Pah!
    aless02 wrote: »
    r.mac, you are so wise and wonderful, that post was lovely and so insightful!
    I can't promise that all my replies will illicit this response :p
  • Choppy have you found a nursery yet? It is worth starting to get Caitlin settled in to nursery a few weeks early - makes it easier when you know that she will be having fun without you. Izzy is fine when I drop her at nursery now (especially since she has breakfast there, so when I leave she has already started eating ;) ), and she has a book where they record how many nappies/food etc, but also what she has been playing with and doing all day. It just makes me jelous that I had to go to work and miss out on all the fun!
    :heart:Isabella Molly born 14th January 2009:heart:
    New challenge for 2011 - saving up vouchers to pay for Chistmas!
    Amazon £48.61 Luncheon Vouchers £24
  • Hi everyone....havent read back, had an early night last night as i was shattered and there is far too many pages and i found thats why i havent kept up in the past. By the time id been reading back everything had been discussed and wasnt relevant by the time i caught up.

Im off to work today to see if my proposed hours when i return look favourable and have my SIL coming this afternoon. I'll read back the last few pages and hope everything went okay for everyone yesterday. I did see Fergie had another tooth!!

Happy Birthday Izzy. Hope you have a lovely 1st birthday!!
    DS Anthony Steven 07.06.92
    DD Becky Emma 24.01.94
    DD Rose Grace Jean 12.05.09
  • chopstickschopsticks Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Ladybird, yes, we've signed up to the one we saw on Monday. Her first day isn't until 21st April and the manager just said they'd contact us at the beginning of April to arrange a couple of settling in sessions. Does that sound normal.

They showed us the day book that they fill in too, which looks good. Am impressed that they include all nappies, wipes, sudocrem and formula milk in the price.

Right, off to get dressed.

xxxx
  • sami jayden like to scrape his nails across .. everything ... and no matter how much i cut them it still hurts like hell x

OOh Rose does this but not to me but accross objects. I think she likes the sound it makes. On her car seat, cot, the sofa....really anywhere she can. It goes right through me sometimes!
    DS Anthony Steven 07.06.92
    DD Becky Emma 24.01.94
    DD Rose Grace Jean 12.05.09
  • SusanC_2SusanC_2 Forumite
    5.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    elle_gee wrote: »
    Talking of car seats.. is a rear facing next stage car seat going to be a real pain in a three door car? :cool:
    We've got a rear facing Gp1 car seat in a three door Micra (the previous type of Micra - not the current type). We actually find it much easier than the forward facing one as Alice can get into it herself (because the "floor" in front of her seat is the regular seat of the car rather than the actual floor of the car) whereas we had to lift her in with the forward facing one. We had to put ours in front of the passenger seat rather than the driver's seat because the seat in front has to go quite far forward so wouldn't be safe to put it behind the driver's seat.
    redmel1621 wrote: »
    I don't get it, why does everyone feel :o or go :eek: when they say they have given their baby a dummy:confused: There is nothing wrong with them, and is apparantly proven to reduce the risk of cot death if you do give your baby a dummy while they fall asleep.
    We used a dummy with Alice when she was very small. It was just one of those things we tried if she wasn't sleeping and we'd already tried feeding/winding/toilet. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't so then we would try the sling. Once she started sucking her thumb she always rejected it as if she wanted to suck something, she would have already been sucking her thumb. I imagine that people probably feel :o/:eek: because some people do end up with problems with dummy use and also "they" say you shouldn't use them because it will totally mess up breastfeeding. If she hadn't started rejecting it anyway, I would have wanted to get her off it by about four months because I wanted to avoid any dependency but that was just my choice just the same as breastfeeding, BLW, EC etc. are my choice - obviously I think the way I am doing things is the best way otherwise I wouldn't be doing it but I know that everyone else is doing what they think is best and we are not all the same so what is best for one family is not necessarily best for another family. (That was a ridiculously long sentence but never mind.)
    Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.
    2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"
  • chopsticks wrote: »
    Ladybird, yes, we've signed up to the one we saw on Monday. Her first day isn't until 21st April and the manager just said they'd contact us at the beginning of April to arrange a couple of settling in sessions. Does that sound normal.

They showed us the day book that they fill in too, which looks good. Am impressed that they include all nappies, wipes, sudocrem and formula milk in the price.

Right, off to get dressed.

xxxx

That's good - saves you another few things to get organised in the mornings as well. That reminds me - need to get some more formula while we are in town. I might start a list. Formula, nappy bin refills, rice cakes, and cadbury fingers (as a birthday treat - was just going to get cake at lunchtime, but I know the other babies will want to share ;) ).

We had 3 settling in sessions - first one we both went along, second one I stayed for a bit then went upstairs and sat in the staff room. third one I dropped her off and went straight upstairs. She was having so much fun she didn't notice when I came back down, so I knew she would be ok ;) The do events where parents can come along too every so often as well, so we went to one of those a week or so before. Tea and then we went in and had a play afterwards for a bit as well.
  • My only problem with dummies is that I've known a few kids still using them at old enough that you have to ask them to take the dummy out of their mouth so you can understand what they are saying :eek:. But I don't mind them for littlies - whatever works for you :)

Izzy refused a dummy when we tried one on her (she refused bottles too, so maybe it is the taste/texture she doesn't like?), but if she hadn't I wouldn't have been devastated. I think with a dummy you are in control, and can take them away when you decide enough is enough. It is the same as everything else really - have to remember that you are the parent and are in charge (some of the time at least ;) ) and that you CAN take them away even if baby doesn't want you to! Same as I'm having to do with the feeding to sleep/milk at night thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides