MSE Parents Club Part 9

Replies

• Caitlyn had chicken chassuer for tea... She sucked on a clump of chicken for a while, spat it out... Ate 2 bits of mushroom and a peice of carrot and then sucked oven chips soaked in the juice to death...

She pretty much got the eating thing straight away, you can tell what goes in by what comes out and stuff was definitely coming out... I think she's getting a bit more down her neck now though, hubby just changed her nappy and declared a 'bum nugget' so things are firming up down there...

Em, if they're drinking follow on milk then there's plenty load of iron in it for when they're over 9 months... Breastmilk has less iron but it's in an easier absorbed form...
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

• aless02aless02 Forumite
    5.1K Posts
    Susan - thanks so much for posting that. My baby isn't even 3 weeks old, so it's verrry early days, but we're already pretty sure we want to do BLW when the time comes so I like to do lots of early research to prepare myself :). It's also just interesting to see how different babies take to it!

Well it looks like I need to try differnt TT CTN teats as Finn drank less than 1 oz over the course of about 40 min and then a remaining 2.5 oz in 10 minutes with the Breastflow bottle! :confused: I can't honestly remember which ones I bought, but must've been a slow-flow type (which I thought was better for newborns, but clearly not!). He still has this hilarious look of puzzlement when you offer him a bottle (especially if it's me, as clearly my smell means he expects booby!), but does take it eventually...right now it's all in experimental stage as (as I've said previously) as I want to do is get him so he takes maybe 1 bottle of EBM at night with DH and that's it.

Had an absolutely stonking headache for most of the afternoon, but DH came home early due to snow and we went to the coffee shop for an hour (Dad babysat), which was just soooo nice to get away even for that short time.

Congrats to those babies that did wonderful things today! :D Yay for good interviews, etc!
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • Who would want to be on a flight with 14 infants either!!!

MM, that sounds good :D
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

• 14 infants? Presumably under two?

Octuplets, Septuplets & Quins?

8 + 7 + 5 = 20 :confused:

Perhaps 2 sets of Septuplets!! LOL - do you think I could book 14 babies with 2 adults!! Babies only cost £30 and you get an extra 10kg of baggage allowance - cheaper than paying for overweight bags :rotfl:
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • got-it-spend-itgot-it-spend-it Forumite
    5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    :rotfl:I thought this about meat! :rotfl:

Lunch is mostly vegetarian until the carnivore DH gets home! :D

xx

I'm sure I've asked you this before :o but do both yours eat meat?

I don't eat meat, and don't particularly like the idea of Henry eating meat when he weans, but then I think if he doesn't, does that mean that it would cause him problems if he did choose to eat meat when he is older? Does that even make any sense?!

MM- yay on a good meeting and moving to your home branch now.

Weezl- yay on another tooth.

We were talking about BLW at Boobie club today and someone suggested baking 'mushy' type foods in filo pastry so they take on a finger food form. I was a bit concerned that filo might be a bit salty, but apparently it works.
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • Sami_BeeSami_Bee Forumite
    14.6K Posts
    Caitlyn can drink from a straw :D
    we already know shes a genius :p

:T
    SusanC wrote: »
    Just had a search around and found this which indicates she was doing okay yesterday at one month old.

I agree about the names thing being silly but other than that, if they want to have that many children and are doing a decent job then why shouldn't they.
    Thank you :) you explain things so much better than I did, thats what I meant
    Yay - go Fergie!!!

Your right as you look at him or his right as he looks at you?

Not that it matters, I just want to know the correct protocol for if we ever get any more teeth.

*mutters - we are not jealous of Fergies hair and teeth, we are not jealous of Fergies hair and teeth, we are not jealous of Fergies hair and teeth*
    no comment on B's hair :whistle: but as I've said a million times before :p Chris was 11mth 1 wk when he got his 1st tooth and he's still missing 2 (I think! :o)now

Susan is the pancake recipe on your blog? I've tried about 20 american/scotch pancake recipes and they never work for me, maybe #21 will be a winner *prays*
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • so with BLW its basically give baby a piece if fruit, veg or meat and see what they do with it?

and if we do 'mummy weaning' its feed a bit of everything pureed and see how you get on
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • I think you have to have 1 adult per infant seeing as the infants don't get their own seat... I imagine other passengers might take exception to random babies plonked on their laps for a flight... ;)

I just re-read that... You mean phantom babies so that you can take excess baggage don't you... :doh:

• nice one mm ... well chuffed for you .. i havent 'seen' elle i dont think x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • Aless - yay for an hour of baby-free time :D as much as we love 'em, it does us the world of good to recharge without 'em for a teeny while.

I didn't give Benjamin a bottle until he was well sorted with both booob and bottle because of the confusion over the smell - I just left it to hubby to give the bottles because that was the whole point of expressing in the first place!! I still find it strange to give Benjamin a bottle now.

Hubby is in Plymouth for the night so I am all on my lonesome, whatever will I do with myself??
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides