We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
MSE Parents Club Part 9
Comments
-
Ooh forgot to say, the hv came (finally) today and Amber now weighs 8lb 8oz! Do they put about a lb a week on now? I didn't remember how fast they grow so was shocked when she said that. She weighed 7lb 6oz last time which i think was 8 days ago.0
-
Beenie, the 'normal' weight gain for breastfed babies varies enormously. A healthy range is 5-8.5oz per week, but even outside that range isn't a reason to worry if baby is happy, healthy, giving wet nappies and meeting milestones.
About expressing - waiting till LO is 6 weeks old to express and introduce a bottle is usually recommended as the 'safer' option. After 6 weeks, your supply is more settled. Any expressing questions, we've got a couple of experts around!Stay-at-home, attached Mummy to a 23lb 10oz, 11 month old baby boy.0 -
I'm not totally sure, pookie, without knowing what's on the US request, but an ultrasound can only look at his soft tissues, so he won't end up getting a massive full-body US or anything, and there's no reason to assume he has more than one based on having one.
A haemangioma's basically a big knot of bonus blood vessels. They don't do any harm, although they can grow outside the normal "shape" of the neck if they're shallow. I've never seen a live US of a haemangioma, but what you might see is a hypoechoic mass with variable texture and colour signal on Doppler, which is basically a whitish blob that looks like the surface of the moon in the middle of the general grey signal (it might also appear darker and blotchy depending on the scanner frequency) - but when the technician switches to colour, you'll see bright blue and/or red blood flow in and around it. A bit like this one - I can't find a colour image to show you.
Does that help?
I dated a guy when I was about 17 who had a shallow haemangioma on the base of his neck. It made no difference to him except that he needed a wider collar than his chest size would indicate
Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
Three gifts left to buy0 -
Thanks SS that helps a lot actually, any tips on keeping a wiggly baby quiet and co-operative whilst it's being done?Coming soon............
Brand new baby first showing in November!
Brand new baby boy (Matthew) born 3 weeks early weighing a diddly 5lb 4 oz!!0 -
:rotfl: If I could do that Pookie I'd be rich!!
Probably feed and change him right before so he isn't antsy, and take a book with some interesting pictures?Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
Three gifts left to buy0 -
cheers lol will change him but we appear to be on hunger strike here for reasons best known to Matthew!!Coming soon............
Brand new baby first showing in November!
Brand new baby boy (Matthew) born 3 weeks early weighing a diddly 5lb 4 oz!!0 -
Does anyone know if calpol makes babies sleep, not planning on giving it as a sedative lol but when Matthew had his injections and needed it he slept through for the one and only time.Coming soon............
Brand new baby first showing in November!
Brand new baby boy (Matthew) born 3 weeks early weighing a diddly 5lb 4 oz!!0 -
Could have been the injections themselves pookie - all that immune response makes little ones tired. I tend to sleep for 14+ hours after an injection.Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
Three gifts left to buy0 -
evening all xx
my bum still hurts
pookie, what do the lumps look like? Jasmine had a very very large raised red lump on her shoulder blade when she was born that we got tested for various things. In the end it started to go down a little and fade in colour and I was told it was prob a strawberry birthmark !!The two best things I have done with my life
:TDD 5/11/02 :j DS 17/6/09 :T
STOPTOBER CHALLANGE ... here we go !!0 -
Hi Pookie - u were my due date buddy if I remember correctly?! *Waves*
Talking about Calpol, I received Tobys appt for his vaccinations today. I have already bought some Calpol ready as someone said its worth having ready for the vaccs. Do you know whether I should give it before the vaccs, or only after them if he seems to need it? xxBaby Toby born 17th Nov 09 :j0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards