We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
MSE Parents Club Part 9
Comments
-
Hi MM- natasha had a strawberry birthmark on the crown of her head, it was quite large and really odd looking, did not help that it took ages for her to get hair lol. Matthews are underneath the skin at the side of his neck, they are visible from the outside, slightly bigger than peas and bluish in colour.
SS- Could have been the injections I guess I will just wait till he is sick and try the calpol again lol.Coming soon............
Brand new baby first showing in November!
Brand new baby boy (Matthew) born 3 weeks early weighing a diddly 5lb 4 oz!!0 -
Hi fatty,
yes we were due date buddies but my little man had other ideas lol. I just gave matt the calpol in the evening as he felt hot and had a big lump on his leg at the site.Coming soon............
Brand new baby first showing in November!
Brand new baby boy (Matthew) born 3 weeks early weighing a diddly 5lb 4 oz!!0 -
fattybooboo wrote: »Hi Pookie - u were my due date buddy if I remember correctly?! *Waves*
Talking about Calpol, I received Tobys appt for his vaccinations today. I have already bought some Calpol ready as someone said its worth having ready for the vaccs. Do you know whether I should give it before the vaccs, or only after them if he seems to need it? xx
The advice given is to wait until afterwards and give 2.5mls (of the pink one) if he needs it
0 -
back from my bath i had it hotter then usual so feeling a little faint ..
awww to mm bum boo boo .. cuppa chick?? ..
which boo was it that had the monkey suit?? x
Still searching .....:)
0 -
Tigsteroonie wrote: »Is it bad of me - or simply sensible - to keep hold of the preemie clothes in case we decide to have a second baby (likely if Andrew makes it to 1yr without any problems being identified), as there is a chance another baby could be almost as prem? (think I've answered my own question!)
I kept all DS1's clothes knowing we would probably have another but not thinking he would be early too. Worked out pretty well :cool:feelinggood wrote: »
I worry about 'next time' - I was induced at 39+2 (I think, who knows! I reckon more like 36 weeks), what if I get pre-eclampsia sooner? etc.
You are far more likey not to have it next time than to have it.fattybooboo wrote: »
Talking about Calpol, I received Tobys appt for his vaccinations today. I have already bought some Calpol ready as someone said its worth having ready for the vaccs. Do you know whether I should give it before the vaccs, or only after them if he seems to need it? xx
Only if he needs it afterwards, it's not the injection themselves that can cause them to be a bit poorly, it's the immune response so keep the calpol for when he needs it. If he needs it, a lot of babies are fine remember.0 -
SM - It was Boogelly who had the monkey suit
Its confusing with us both being Boo isnt it, so I dont mind being referred to as fatty
(For some odd reason I quite like it, hehe!!) Baby Toby born 17th Nov 09 :j0 -
Tis, are you knowledesble about it? Can I pm you a question?Stay-at-home, attached Mummy to a 23lb 10oz, 11 month old baby boy.0
-
fattybooboo wrote: »SM - It was Boogelly who had the monkey suit
Its confusing with us both being Boo isnt it, so I dont mind being referred to as fatty
(For some odd reason I quite like it, hehe!!)
ok fatty
:rotfl:x
Still searching .....:)
0 -
Thanks Pookie, Snapping and Tiamai about the Calpol
Baby Toby born 17th Nov 09 :j0 -
fattybooboo wrote: »Hi Pookie - u were my due date buddy if I remember correctly?! *Waves*
Talking about Calpol, I received Tobys appt for his vaccinations today. I have already bought some Calpol ready as someone said its worth having ready for the vaccs. Do you know whether I should give it before the vaccs, or only after them if he seems to need it? xx
Hey Boo,
You can do whatever you prefer. I would wait until after the injections and then:
You can either wait to see if he shows any upset and then administer it (but might be too late by then),
or
Just administer afterwards as a prevention (but possibly unnecessary, you won't know).
For Holly's first jags, I gave her it after her jags, and she showed no ill effects. For her second, I couldn't decide what to do, and in the end never gave her any at all. The bump in her leg was a bit swollen for 1 day, but no effects apart from that so not sure if it would have made a difference. It's really up to you - it won't do any harm to give him it but could be unnecessary.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards