We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 9

1…405406408410411…1193

Comments

  • Go for it Scruffy.

    We are paying £14 a month on electricity at the mo, but only because we built up a massive credit (or is it debit, I get them muddled) so they owed us loads. We had to put it up to £60 as we owed them loads, then forgot to decrease it again! I'm going to put it up to about £25 soon, and see if we can ballance it out a bit! No gas here. We tend to have lappy, tv and ps3/wii on the evenings, plus lappy daytimes when we are about. And fridge/cooker/microwave/lights/dehumidifiers/washing machine at least 5 times a week, water and the storage heaters. Oh, and the electric blanket is very important at the moment too ;)

    Speaking of which, night all!
    :heart:Isabella Molly born 14th January 2009:heart:
    New challenge for 2011 - saving up vouchers to pay for Chistmas!
    Amazon £48.61 Luncheon Vouchers £24
  • Buttonmoons
    Buttonmoons Posts: 13,323 Forumite
    CSH - Apparently it's a recent thing that they have stopped removing them,and it's upto the tennant or landlord to pay to get it removed, and I can't see Aberdeen Council doing that!

    I don't think it works out super cheaper anyways? Like I say £10 a week isn't bad especially since, 1 load of washing tends to get washed twice because I forget it's in there and starts staaaaanking......
  • carlamagee
    carlamagee Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    TMI
    Think I have a wee wee problem can't stop running but could be to do with how flippin cold it is!!!

    me too. have been at least 8 times today. i think i usually average about 3. altho i have been drinking more water today so i was blaming that!

    ...i thought i quoted u again!? mmmm, cant remember wat it was now!
    I don't think it works out super cheaper anyways? Like I say £10 a week isn't bad especially since, 1 load of washing tends to get washed twice because I forget it's in there and starts staaaaanking......

    thats pretty good.
    we have the pp meter and we use about £15 a week. although we only have NIE over here, no choice!
    Carla-Farla!! :)

    Mummy to Katie (27.11.07) and Christopher (05.08.09) ♥♥♥
  • £15 is good carla, I am a set DD and get it reviewed every year and am on £65 a month
    The two best things I have done with my life
    :TDD 5/11/02 :j DS 17/6/09 :T
    STOPTOBER CHALLANGE ... here we go !!
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    edited 8 January 2010 at 12:08AM
    Random Question Anyone know how to change the country on FB? I seem to be in a different time zone

    ETA: Please excuse I am thick
  • scruffy96uk
    scruffy96uk Posts: 2,925 Forumite
    Oh dear both of DH muffins have fallen into my tummy!!!!
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion
    Ellie 25/12/07
  • MadDogWoman_2
    MadDogWoman_2 Posts: 2,376 Forumite
    edited 8 January 2010 at 12:09AM
    I think I pay about £100 a month for electric and gas combined - heating is on constantly at the moment as my house gets cold very quickly despite being a double glazed terrace!

    I've put a ban on the tumble dryer, and I try to use my oven as little as possible with it being electric, I've also swapped 90% of my bulbs to energy saving just waiting for the last 3 to blow then I'll change them.

    When it's not this cold I also turn the thermostats on the radiators down to half - the house does get quite hot when they are all on full!

    It's my phone bill that shocked me £140-£150 a quarter! We hardly use the blooming thing!#

    In 2008 I suffered with sore hands and ankles - ended up off work for a couple of weeks! Ended up being referred to a rheumatologist (sp) several scans, x-rays and blood tests and a dose of steroids I get a diagnosis of Scacoidosis (sp) an auto-immune thing which thankfully the steroids knocked on the head.

    I have found the perfect footwear for dealing with this weather - motorbike boots, waterproof with plenty of grip, I call them my 4 wheel drive footwear at work!

    MDW
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    DD Katie born April 2007!
    3 years 9 months and proud of it
    dreams do come true (eventually!)

  • wish I had muffins :(
    The two best things I have done with my life
    :TDD 5/11/02 :j DS 17/6/09 :T
    STOPTOBER CHALLANGE ... here we go !!
  • my house phone is £17 a month and my mobile including insurance is £35 a month
    which I think are quite good !
    The two best things I have done with my life
    :TDD 5/11/02 :j DS 17/6/09 :T
    STOPTOBER CHALLANGE ... here we go !!
  • Buttonmoons
    Buttonmoons Posts: 13,323 Forumite
    Oh MDW - If you use an airer, can I ask something?

    I have a clothes horse and use it to dry things that can't be washed - Dresses etc. Anyways I put it in my bedroom but I noticed my bedroom has a minging smell now and It's mould growing on the window! It's the only room with it, and I'm guessing its because of the clothes adding moisture to the air? The heater is directly beneath the window, and then my bed is in front of it.

    It's double glazing too, is there anything I can do? Keep the window open when they are drying?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.