We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 9

1…355356358360361…1193

Comments

  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    ooh just caught mfd post.
    we're like em.
    change,bottle,bed.

    no singing or music oh dear....
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • aless02
    aless02 Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    sorry, was reading back on my phone so apologies if I've missed off anyone/thing...

    thanks for responding harley - it was me who was asking about entertaining young babies. I try and do silly faces with him, but a lot times he doesn't want to focus his eyes on me (in fact, it's a real effort to get him to look at me most of the time, despite what all the websites say about babies loving faces!). He does get more alert day by day TBH so think I was just prematurely fretting like a new mum :o

    I can't remember who was asking about christening for grandparents (feely??)...obviously to each their own, but I think it comes down to whether the child will have a religious upbringing or no. Obviously there's no 'harm' in a baptism/christening for ceremony's sake, but I just feel it's a bit silly if the parents have no intention of every bringing their child inside a church again. Just my 2 pence, mind you.

    Congrats on all the babies doing wonderful things today! :T

    Finn's afternoon nap ran a little too long so now he has no desire for bedtime! :o I've noticed that most people on here seem to have their LO waking at around 7/7:30am-ish...I don't wanna get up that early! :rotfl: can I have him sleep 8-8 instead? :o:p (I would love 9-9 in theory but think that might be taking the p :rolleyes:) Might be our problem, actually...I feed him at 6:30/7am and then go back to bed - I was spoiled at sleeping in 'til 8:30/9am on maternity leave!!
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

    would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • Well done on your second night ladybird. I read your diary with interest.

    FWIW, our 'routine' goes like this:

    Ta - we've got a good routine going before we get as far as actually going to bed, I'm just having to fix the bit at the end :) We will get there, but I'm glad I've taken a week off to do it, as I'm feeling less pressured by the whole thing. I just have to be strict with myself when she is having a temper ;)
    :heart:Isabella Molly born 14th January 2009:heart:
    New challenge for 2011 - saving up vouchers to pay for Chistmas!
    Amazon £48.61 Luncheon Vouchers £24
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    i swear looking after philips fro takes longer then doing mine :rotfl: ... where the southerners im going london on the 13th of feb x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • emlou2009
    emlou2009 Posts: 4,016 Forumite
    elle_gee wrote: »
    Em, I know it won't help for tomorrow, but could you persuade your nan to sign up for one of the chemist delivery things? We get Rhys' meds delivered to the house because some have to be ordered in, so it saves me picking up the prescription, dropping it off at the chemist, then having to go back after a few days to pick it all up :)
    I hadnt heard of that? She gets it taken straight to the chemist so its ready to pick up rather than getting it from the surgery and taking it to the chemist though. Not that it really makes any difference as the surgery is outside the shopping centre that the chemist is in :rotfl:
    I am wondering if it would be safer in the car than to try and risk the icy slope I got stuck on before... :confused:
    Mummy to
    DS (born March 2009)

    DD (born January 2012)
  • elle_gee
    elle_gee Posts: 8,584
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Aless, Rhys gets up between 10.30am and 11am if left to his own devices. Admittedly, he only goes down in his crib at 1am but that's what suits us :confused: (I know a lot of people don't agree... MFD is probably having a fit by now! ;):p)
  • emlou2009
    emlou2009 Posts: 4,016 Forumite
    I sometimes think I am actually quite a mean mummy altogether actually, when I see the things some of you do with your babies, like Weezl singing our posts to Fergie and now MFD's bedtime routine. I play with Seth with his toys but he doesnt like cuddles, he doesnt seem entertained enough by just me unless I tickle him and if I sing to him he looks at me like I am deranged! He may have a point, actually...
    He would rather have the cats to play with than me :(
    Mummy to
    DS (born March 2009)

    DD (born January 2012)
  • elle_gee
    elle_gee Posts: 8,584
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    emlou2009 wrote: »
    I hadnt heard of that? She gets it taken straight to the chemist so its ready to pick up rather than getting it from the surgery and taking it to the chemist though. Not that it really makes any difference as the surgery is outside the shopping centre that the chemist is in :rotfl:
    I am wondering if it would be safer in the car than to try and risk the icy slope I got stuck on before... :confused:

    We have a Lloyds Pharmacy and a local independent pharmacy who'll pick up prescriptions from the surgery and deliver to the house here :) Just need to phone the surgery receptionists and they should be able to tell you which pharmacies they're linked up with :) Just had a look on Lloyds website - can't find mention of it on there, but there are posters and leaflets about it when you go in :)
  • scruffy96uk
    scruffy96uk Posts: 2,925 Forumite
    I think El is finally settled after counting to about 200 in blocks of ten. It's so sweet listening to her counting. It's all mixed up!
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion
    Ellie 25/12/07
  • emlou2009
    emlou2009 Posts: 4,016 Forumite
    I'll have a look in our local one then, they pick up the prescriptions so so hopefully they should do the delivery thing too! Will be one less thing to think about. Although the chances of her needing them precisely in the middle of snow/ice days again are very slim! It isnt like her to run so close, she normally makes sure she has a "float" of at least a week or two. She had a fall in the garden on the same ice day I got stuck in, so she hasnt been out of the house much, but I could have requested the prescription for her :(
    Mummy to
    DS (born March 2009)

    DD (born January 2012)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.