We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 9

1…353354356358359…1193

Comments

  • boogellyboo
    boogellyboo Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    I wondered why 'clap hands, daddy comes' was stuck in my head, it was from reading about Benjamins clapping! Well done Benjamin :j

    And thank you, its distracted Isla from crying while I changed her too :j Another song to add to our daily sing-a-long :D
    Belly Monkey arrived 19.11.09 :j
  • Wednesdays are fine for me for the meet. I'm off for the night now as I'm feeling rubbish and need some sleep. I'm pretty flexible at the moment so if you want to sort a date, no doubt I will be able to do it!
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Tia- I just re-read page 87. It was a year ago today you found out you were pregnant with Ambertronic. Is that what you meant?

    Oh, no I forgot all about that! 1 year ago Dh and I were sitting here numb with shock. Don't even know if I had mentioned the pregnancy online yet.

    csh, again, 'Ha-ha! Ha-ha! Ha-ha!' :p

    Elle, its cow print! And £39, but totally worth it :D Uhm, no sorry! Elle, do not look, remember we are being good (and I've totally not spent £5 on sweets from the shop after I dug my car out (took 20mins) to go get bread and there was none):A

    aw !!!!, I forgot juice.

    Benjamin, clap hands! :T

    Tara, tell your OH it's because he doesn't make you hot enough, that'll get him back! :rotfl:

    Boogelly, you cruel mummy! She does look sweet though.

    Beenie, I used 2 tops, a vest top and something else. One pulled up, one pulled down. worked mostly and was cheaper. re routines, much as we would like to demand feed, it's just not possible if you have other comitments, like children. :D She will fall into a routine eventually.

    Feelie, I meant to reply about your pull up question. Pull ups are slightly less absorbant, so use only during that day. They can rub so only buy a small pack till you find a brand that fits the best. Asda and Tesco own brand (not own brand but the cheap ones) are way more absorbant than pampers and huggies and also give more room, whereas pampers are quite tight. DS2 can only wear pull ups now due to his size so I have a wee bit experience. ;)
  • Oh my you lot talk a lot! I've only been gone a few hours, and have had PAGES to catch up on, so I've only been skimming, and I expect I've missed lots, and there are things that have been aswered already and whatnot.

    Well done for clapping babies :)

    We have a fourth tooth here - we are on a roll! Oh, and Izzy went to sleep realy easily without feeding to sleep either. From tomorrow I'm going to feed her before turning the lights out, and see if we can do a nursery rhyme or something in between to separate milk and sleep, so someone else can put her to bed easier - I've told DH he is having a go next weekend at the latest ;)
    Hope the trip out is okay!

    I'm doing BLW and LO will eat anything, just not in great quanities. Favourite things are casseroles and stews, apple, carrot, sandwiches, cheese wraps, baby biscuits, rice cakes, rice, curry. He seems to enjoy it, he loves biting and chewing, and does swallow, but just doesn't each much. He never refuses anything, but just loses interest or gets full. He just really, really loves milk! He is clever though, OH gave him a cup with water in and he drank from it! He didn't spill any, tipped it up and had some, put it down and repeated it until he'd drank it all!

    Clever boy :) Maybe he just needs to eat more little and often for the moment?
    Not yet, but h e just loves to run off (well crawl fast then stand up) when he has a clean, naked bum. I often have to do the nappy up while he is standing.

    Izzy does that all the time - when I take her to the clinic I have to move the scales and changing mat etc onto the floor, and I always end up with a naked baby on the other side of the room with me crawling after her trying to get her dressed!

    Weezl - I love the name Kester too.
    :heart:Isabella Molly born 14th January 2009:heart:
    New challenge for 2011 - saving up vouchers to pay for Chistmas!
    Amazon £48.61 Luncheon Vouchers £24
  • sparkle03
    sparkle03 Posts: 868 Forumite
    Just popping in to say hello, hope everyone is well. Have read back a little but what I was going to say has gone from my head, also there are so many new people I doubt anyone remembers me and thinks Im a tad crazy LoL.:rotfl:

    Thanks for missing me feelie, hope you and Toby are ok :D

    The pictures I have seen over the last few pages are gorgeous!

    ''I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    —
    Marilyn Monroe
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm off for a cold bath because my boiler is struggling to heat the water in this temperature -9 here :(
  • Pink_Princess_1
    Pink_Princess_1 Posts: 490 Forumite
    edited 6 January 2010 at 9:45PM
    I just rip them open, do you know what the sticky tab on the bum is for???

    The tab is to fold the back over the front and fasten it together IYSWIM sort of tape it into a parcel.

    Feelie Iv used nappy pants since LO was 11 months old and walking and have had no problems - shes in a size 4 and is now 21 months. Huggies ones have velcro at the side but pampers just rip apart - be careful not to confuse them with the pull up training pants which can only really hold an accident and are not so absorbant;) I tend to buy which ever is on offer - tesco has had them on BOGOF not sure if its still on
    19.6.10 Weight loss 6lb :D
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    oooo tia -9 you must be freezing x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • elle_gee
    elle_gee Posts: 8,584
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    tiamai_d wrote: »
    .. Elle, its cow print! And £39, but totally worth it :D Uhm, no sorry! Elle, do not look, remember we are being good (and I've totally not spent £5 on sweets from the shop after I dug my car out (took 20mins) to go get bread and there was none):A

    aw !!!!, I forgot juice.

    Thankfully it looks bigger than we have room for tho.. see, lack of space is winning reason yet again! :o

    OH went to Tesco.. he came back with toilet roll (the major essential!), mince, juice and biscuits.. lots and lots of biscuits - two big packs of custard creams, same again of Rich Tea, big pack of digestives and three packs of shortbread fingers. I think I might just survive the Big Freeze ;):p

    MFD, :T:T for clapping hands! :D

    Does everyone else's babies have a day/week where they can suddenly do lots of new things, then it all goes a bit quiet again? I'm sure Rhys has done about six new things (only once or twice so I'm not counting my chickens just yet!) in the last three days! :eek: :confused::o
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    i chatted for ages this afternoon oops!!

    hi sparkle!!
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.