We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 9

1…357358360362363…1193

Comments

  • Am I ur friend on FB???
    Oh dear yes Iam, well everyone except me is weirdos!!!:p

    Trying really hard :silenced::silenced::silenced::silenced::silenced:
    :rotfl:
    The two best things I have done with my life
    :TDD 5/11/02 :j DS 17/6/09 :T
    STOPTOBER CHALLANGE ... here we go !!
  • emlou2009 wrote: »
    Wow, MFD! Reading that we are quite mean :o

    Bath and playtime, then dried/talced, the battle of getting dressed/bagged for bed, then a cuddle with daddy while he has his bottle, then laid down in the cot, quiet, sharp exit! We almost never have to go back in, we sometimes hear him crawling up and down the cot and he sometimes has a little squinny, but he goes off on his own :o

    Benjamin simply wouldn't do this. He would be standing up throwing all his toys out of the cot, chucking his dummy on the floor and trying to pull his curtains down!!

    He gets very upset and I won't leave him to cry for more than a few minutes, I can't see the point. If I can get things done without him getting upset then having cuddles and signing songs with my son isn't a chore!! It takes 20 mins from nappy change to asleep on a normal night, and that includes a bottle!

    I see all the put em down and leave em mummies are here at the moment! But I know that my bedtime routine is simple and quick compared to lots of the other mummies!!

    elle_gee wrote: »
    Aless, Rhys gets up between 10.30am and 11am if left to his own devices. Admittedly, he only goes down in his crib at 1am but that's what suits us :confused: (I know a lot of people don't agree... MFD is probably having a fit by now! ;):p)


    Yup!!
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • elle_gee
    elle_gee Posts: 8,584
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    .. Yup!!

    LOL Love you! :p

    But do you wanna come here and try to separate OH from his son right now? Hmm.. nope, me neither! :cool:
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    right just sorted my plans for valentines day woohoo ..

    scruff :rotfl: :rotfl: x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • scruffy96uk
    scruffy96uk Posts: 2,925 Forumite
    Trying really hard :silenced::silenced::silenced::silenced::silenced:
    :rotfl:

    Go on u no u want 2!!!!
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion
    Ellie 25/12/07
  • MFD, although I put Dylan in his cot and leave him, we do have a nice wee routine running up to that point which is what works for us.
    I was determined to have a nice routine with Dylan as I couldnt handle it if he turned out like Jasmine with sleeping, my poor body and mind couldnt cope with that !!
    The two best things I have done with my life
    :TDD 5/11/02 :j DS 17/6/09 :T
    STOPTOBER CHALLANGE ... here we go !!
  • boogellyboo
    boogellyboo Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Ladies, a quick question please. We're registering Isla tomorrow (she'll be 7 weeks but they delayed the appt :mad:) Do we need to take anything other than her red book with us? I know I had a sheet with info on but cant find it anywhere :confused:

    Isla's bedtime routine consists of feed, bum change and into sleeping bag etc, other booby then into moses basket. Cue copius amounts of tummy pats, sshh's etc until I give in (normally after 2 mins) and bring her into our bed and feed her all over again which takes another hour. Im hoping once this growth spurts over and she's properly over this cold it will get better :rolleyes:
    Belly Monkey arrived 19.11.09 :j
  • Go on u no u want 2!!!!


    OK :D
    Youre weirder than me !! And thats saying something daaarrling :D:p:rotfl:
    The two best things I have done with my life
    :TDD 5/11/02 :j DS 17/6/09 :T
    STOPTOBER CHALLANGE ... here we go !!
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    good luck with the sleeping routine mm .. i think you could do with one loving there sleep :) x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • scruffy96uk
    scruffy96uk Posts: 2,925 Forumite
    We also have a nice singing strict routine. Sometimes she can lie awake for over an hour after I put her down but she very rarely cries just chtters away to herself. I think maybe when the sides come off the cot the fun will begin :eek:
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion
    Ellie 25/12/07
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.