The 2010 crazy clothes challenge

1164165166167168170»

Comments

• Lula-Hula
    Lula-Hula Posts: 7,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi Guys,

well done to everyone who took part, those who achieved are brilliant

the rest of us (yes us, I failed my own challenge, oh the shame :p) are just going to have to [STRIKE]up our budgets[/STRIKE] try harder :D

Lovely to hear from you niccatw & of course you're welcome again next year.

I'm going to try & make sense of the totals now ( may be gone a while) & we did lose members along the way but I can see that we already have 6 confirmed achievers :

determined new ms, museumworker, debbiedeejay, natsing, puss14 & kezlou
    Well done to you all
    :A
    :j:dance::beer::dance::j
  • Hi everyone :wave: Happy New Year!

So I sneaked a animal print blouse in at the 11th hour! For £9.99 off ebay. I had a few things on there that I had my eye on but at the last minute made some sacrifices! So my final total is £222.78 :j I think I will make my target £350 next year and that is to include shoes as well. I intend to go for quality not quantity and only buy things that can go with lots of other things for maximum outfits.

One thing I did last year was worked it out in monthly & quarterly budgets, each month/quarter I came in under budget it rolled over to the next. By the second half of the year it was easier as I had more of a budget to play with!

Can't wait for the new challenge, thanks Lula :A
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • franby64
    franby64 Posts: 944 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Good morning

Sorry I've been MIA but that's mainly because I didn't spend anything else and can declare at £61.

However, I did spend gift money on clothes and stocked up on underwear (all not counted) so I feel this year I should set an all-inclusive total and would like to go for £150 please Lula for everything.

This should be high enough so I'm not going round in rags, but low enough to make me think about every purchase.

So I'm going to start by having another sort though what I laughingly call my wardrobe, have a throw out and hope there's something left!

Hope everybody had a good Christmas and Happy New Year.
    August Shopping Challenge. 26/8. Budget £250 Spent £256.81.. £6.81 over. So £0.00 a day left.
  • I failed! Went a bit mad on trainers half way through the year!
    Debt at 1/1/11 £7,049.75, now £6,682.12 at 9/3/11
  • rosemary54
    rosemary54 Posts: 2,495 Forumite
    have we got a new link for 2011 yet???

had a refund from phase eight so am already in credit by £30:rotfl:have decided to set my budget at £250 as went way over the £100 last year:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    DS2 now shares my wardrobe and complains he has not got enough space:rotfl:I know I need some jumpers as I do not have any and had to borrow one from DH when doing church flowers for Christmas as so cold.
    DS3 cannot understand why women need more than 1 pair of shoes:rotfl:(I think my 20odd pairs is quite low)

happy new year to all
  • Lula-Hula
    rosemary - no link but the challenge is cunningly called 'The crazy 2011 clothes challenge' & you can find it by typing that into the search tab to the top & right.

I've added your name to the members list & you are number 54 ,

Come & join us :D

xx
  • elfen
    elfen Posts: 10,213 Forumite
    *raises hand* Miss, I've another spend (hopefully the last for a bit) £7.99 on a hoodie cos I live in them, leaving me....£129.52
    ** Total debt: £6950.82 ± May NSDs 1/10 **
    ** Fat Bum Shrinking: -7/56lbs **
    **SPC 2012 #1498 -£152 and 1499 ***
    I do it all because I'm scared.
  • rosemary54
    rosemary54 Posts: 2,495 Forumite
    Lula-Hula wrote: »
    rosemary - no link but the challenge is cunningly called 'The crazy 2011 clothes challenge' & you can find it by typing that into the search tab to the top & right.

I've added your name to the members list & you are number 54 ,

Come & join us :D

xx
    mmmmm did not work:(
  • el1234
    el1234 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Hi
    Thought I'd blown it in the last week as I bought a coat in the sales but then re-read what counts and coats don't so my total spend in 2010 is £58.03 an underspend of £41.97. Also been keeping tabs on all money spent on clothes, shoes etc and that's only £220 so very pleased. Thanks for this thread it has definately kept me on the straight and narrow and I'm definately up for next year. Now just need to tackle the grocery spend!!!!
    Eleanor
    Crazy 2011 clothes challenge, #60 - £193.20/£200
  • Lula-Hula
    edited 7 January 2011 at 1:03AM
    rosemary54 - No, you may not spend as much as you like !

Try this :http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2950100 but you really cant go wrong by using the search facility as follows.

In the green bar above the main dfw diaries forum heading & Martins user advice about being nice, to the far right there is white lettering 'forum search'. Type in The Crazy 2011 clothes challenge & it should come up :)

The link works fine but then so does searching through the numbered pages to find a thread ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure