The 2010 crazy clothes challenge

Options

Comments

• smiler34
    smiler34 Posts: 430 Forumite
    Options
    Hi can I join for next year, I'm sure I often buy clothes for want rather than need.
    Mummy to two beautiful girls and one gorgeous boy.
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • rosemary54
    rosemary54 Posts: 2,495 Forumite
    Options
    been bad,thought I'd end the year as I started it:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    phase eight sale is on so ordered a few necessaties:rotfl::rotfl:
    a sequin dress which for some reason had £36 marked on it even tho they charged me £50!!!! did not matter tho as too big:(ended up with 2 camis and a silk shrug:):):)
    my excuse is I need cheering as DS1 is stuck in the USA after his flight was cancelled for 23rd and re booked for 26th so he wont get here till the 28th:(:(:( and then this am DS2 told me he was off to his girl's for Christmas:eek::mad::mad:....turkey anyone???
  • Lula-Hula
    Lula-Hula Posts: 7,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aww rosemary, that is such a shame about your DS being stuck in US :( How annoying that t'other one left his decision until the last minute too. Hope you manage to enjoy yourself in your fab new goodies - think DS2 should pay for them to make up for being so inconsiderate :p - yep, anyway we can offload our spends is fine by me :D

I have been reading everyone's posts, but just not got my brain around updating totals yet & plan to get christmas out of the way first. I am off work until the 4th so will have time to pass out awards to all achievers while rosemary & I share the naughty step :rotfl: I bought a couple of pairs of leggings recently but will have to go to first page to check my balance as shame forced me to remove my own total from my sig :o

I will also be getting a clothes challenge for 2011 ( am I mad or what :rotfl:) started up in the next week too. I'm suggesting that everyone set their own targets & contents next year & I will allocate numbers & maintain a list on the front page.

My own budget is going to be outrageous - but it will become clear why when I set the challenge up :D

Not sure if it should be on the main DFW board or with diaries ??

Anyway, it's time for us all to just chill out a bit so wishing a

Merry Christmas to you all

:snow_grin:xmassign::xmastree::xmassign::snow_grin
  • rosemary54
    Options
    well at least I escaped the naughty step on the tolietry challenge:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great crimbo :D just been to th shops & bought a dress £11 & 2 pj tops £3 & £3.50 so my new total is £207.80 :D mental that's all I've spent on clothes this year! There's a couple of its I want to get (a couple of pairs of smart trounsers) and a few things I'm watching on ebay butI definately think I'm gonna come in well within udget this year :) thanks for setting up the challenge Lula :A
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • rosemary54
    Options
    DS1 home at last:):):):)
    called DS2 on Christmas day and he said his girl had bought him a small travel case........great minds!!!so had I,quick trip to town and we bought him some Lush goodies instead so now have a spare case!
    Of course HAD to go into East(tho did avoid other shops as had DH with me and did not want him to see how much I could spend!!!),was very good and only bought the 1 thing I had lusted for since before Christmas!!!A black sequinned cardi(the silver one looking too bling for me)half price :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

I also bought a Gok book which may! help me stay on the straight and narrrow more in 2011.as he revamps stuff in it.Not sure what amount to aim for next year(depends on what I buy in the sales!!!!)

happy new year all
  • Lula-Hula
    Options
    Hey Puss14,

well done on such a low spend :D no weight loss here either * sighs*. Will be setting new challenge up tomorrow, but everyone decides their own budget, so just let me know what yours will be & I'll add you to the list

Happy New Year to you

xx
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ****creeps in quietly*** Do you remember me from 2009??

I didn't take part in 2010 but the good news is I hardly spent anything on clothes last year and thought long and hard about what I bought and if I could get it cheaper and did I need it?

Well as 2011 is going to be a big debt busting year (that's the plan anyway) I feel I need to rejoin if you're running the challenge again next year. I need to keep on track more than ever.

On the good side I am saving up for some Dubarry Galway Boots for next winter by allocating £20 per month in the Sealed Pot Challenge as my winter boots will just about hang on for this winter and I'll get these for next winter by paying hard saved cash - boy will I appreciate them, if they fit around my calves that is!

I bought summer shoes from amazon a month or so ago - Rockport sandal for around £7-£12 per pair and have them neatly stored ready for spring and summer.

Also have a pile of clothes to sell on ebay now have a camera again to use for money neutral funds or debt repayment

Need to have a think about what I'll need for this year and set a budget for this. Probably T-Shirts/tops/ summer stuff most likely. Got some lovely jumpers for Christmas and a new jacket to wear until it falls apart so I think I'm ok for coats and jackets judging by the spare room ones that I've hardly worn!

Hope you're all ok and have done well this year x
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • rosemary54
    Options
    :xmassign:....ok so I am late but tonight we are having our 2nd Christmas day as DS1 and 2 plus DS2s girl and ds3 are all here :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
    had to go and buy another turkey today as butchers only just reopenned and spent all morning doing veg:A(whilst they all stayed in bed!!!!!!!
  • Lula-Hula
    Options
    *fling arms open wide*

Welcome back oh prodigal fedupandskint :D

Some people have been great this year, sadly, I'm not one of them :rotfl:

Never mind, I've sussed out my weakness now ( all clothes, shoes & accessories) so will be trying out a new system to keep me in line.

PS - Happy Christmas rosemary :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport