We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Living My Life But(t) N.A.K.E.D.

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,700 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Swinstie

Just caught up with your new diary - LOVE IT!! Will be following your escapades throughout 2010. :xmassign:
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Swinstie73
    Swinstie73 Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, & SA!

Managed to get a half day today and also off tomorrow :j

Glad managed to get off as went to Asda today and it was horrendous, the queues were up each aisle and you could hardly get into anything for everyone blocking the aisles, managed to get most of what I need but couldn't get shallots for the stew or beef boullion, did get some sort of gravy type thing so let's hope it works. Now home and having a cuppa then will get started on wrapping presents. So looking forward to it, was organised in buying presents early but this last week has flown in and I'm now getting scared :eek:.

In case not on (cos got too much to do), have a great Christmas everyone, don't eat too much :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Swinstie73
    Options
    :j:j Nearly done with the present wrapping!

Discovered that spent a teensy bit more on OH but when I put it all together it looks loads, so have taken out 4 items which came to around £18 and he will get them either Valentine's (although we don't usually bother with pressies then), anniversary or birthday (which isn't til Sept) - very MSE eh ;)

Only got wee bits and pieces to wrap but got to make the flipping reindeer, think that will be a job for tomorrow. Need to go to Mum's then got lunch tomorrow, wasn't going to go but might be a freebie so why turn it down, ha!

Got a dilemma with Mum's pressie, got her heart earrings which kind of go with a necklace myself and sister got her a few years ago (red stone) but I have earrings which would match better and have never been worn. Not sure whether I should keep the heart ones and give her mines. Think the heart ones are maybe a bit young but mines match a necklace, again never worn. Might show sister and see what she thinks. Can't wrap them til I decide. :rolleyes:

Anyway, going to have a bite to eat, wrap rest of presents and open a bottle of vino as not working tomorrow :j. Quick tidy (before I have the vino) and might start preparation work for dinner tomorrow!

Have a great Christmas everyone x

P.S. Said that in last post, typical can't stay off here :rotfl:
  • Swinstie73
    Options
    Last post of the night, honest!

Had an eventful night, decided to start preparing some of the dinner for tomorrow, this was after being clouted on the head by a metal baking bowl which decided to fall off the top of the fridge just as I was standing under it (the bowl, not the fridge). I'm now a bit dafter than before:rotfl:

Was supposed to be making potato soup but had almost a full cabbage lying around so googled cabbage soup (not the diet kind) and found a recipe for spicy cabbage soup with very simple ingredients, had everything apart from button beans (not fond of them anyway). It didn't look very appealing until blended, have had a wee taste and it's actually quite nice, very spicy though. Think will just have this soup instead tomorrow and maybe make potato soup over the weekend.

Also, forgot to put my yorkies in the freezer, hope they will be ok. Couldn't get the giant ones in Asda and too scared to try to make them from the recipe a kind MSE'r gave me. Will make them at some point, erring on the side of caution by getting ones by Aunt Bessie!

So spent £37.30 at Asda, £34.30 on food and £3 on grey tights (ssh), so this takes my clothes spending for the year down to £99, god help me:rotfl::rotfl:

Better get off here now as need to call OH then do a quick clean of the kitchen, nite all x
  • Shoe_Gal
    Shoe_Gal Posts: 7,235 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am still not organised - and I'm sat on here :rolleyes:

Have a fab Christmas :xmassign:
    Sometimes it's hard to walk in a single woman's shoes - that's why we need really special ones!
    Total debt @ Oct 2008: £29,226.42 Credit Card- £[STRIKE]7493.56[/STRIKE] - £7243.56
    Weightloss : 0/34lbs
  • urg123
    urg123 Posts: 1,997 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Swinstie

Subscribes - happy new diary. I look forward to hearing about your success on your new plan.

I haven't been on in ages and won't be on much for a while - see my diary for an update.

urg x x
  • Swinstie73
    Options
    Oh the weather outside is frightful.... My wee house is looking so delightful :D

I have finished the bedroom, bathroom, kitchen (sort of, cos still cooking) and livingroom! It's not to palace standard but it will do for Christmas, with some subtle lighting to hide the bits I didn't manage to do properly.

Even gonna dig out the new cushions I bought and get rid of the ripped ones!

Didn't make the lunch today, got a text at half ten to say it was on, then a call at 11.50am to say it was cancelled, wasn't too bothered as had to go to my mum's and get some beer in for OH. In the middle of making my flannel reindeer then finish off the dinner, jump in the shower and wait Santa (well OH in a Santa thong) :D

Have a fabulous Christmas everyone, will be back xxx
  • rupe34
    rupe34 Posts: 1,022 Forumite
    Options
    Merry Christmas Swinstie :D (I'm blocking the mental image of a Santa thong:rolleyes:)
    Onward and upward - with the odd step to the side

November GC £255/£300
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Merry Christmas Swinstie!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Shoe_Gal
    Shoe_Gal Posts: 7,235 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :xmastree:Merry Christmas Swinstie, have a fab day
    Sometimes it's hard to walk in a single woman's shoes - that's why we need really special ones!
    Total debt @ Oct 2008: £29,226.42 Credit Card- £[STRIKE]7493.56[/STRIKE] - £7243.56
    Weightloss : 0/34lbs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family