We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Living My Life But(t) N.A.K.E.D.

Options
1707172737476»

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,700 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy Hogmanay Swinstie! All the best for 2011.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • urg123
    urg123 Posts: 1,997 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    HI Swinstie

Hope you had a fab Hogmonay and best wishes to you for 2011. So much due to happen this year - DFW goal to you wedding. What a great year!

urg x x
  • Swinstie73
    Swinstie73 Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    Options
    Hi SA and urg, can anyone tell me what happened yesterday??

We went out for Hogmanay which was totally fab, however we didn't get home til 4am, I slept til about 10am then threw up continuously for hours and totally missed NYD! Was supposed to go to my aunt's but that didn't happen. In fact I think I broke the record for how many hours in bed as I didn't fully recover until 10am this morning, oops! OH went to his friends last night with his son and ended up drinking whisky (which he only does at NY) and he was rough today, ha, what a pair.

So, since I've only eaten two tea biscuits with two cups of tea since Friday, then I have successfully started my diet. I don't really feel like eating much at all but will make a point of when my appetite does come back, to not stuff my face. Got some left-over steak pie for dinner later so looking forward to that.

Did spend a lot of money on Friday as well but it was the end of the year and now the paying debt at long last, and saving begins. Also going for the less alcohol consumption, can't say I'll cut it out completely but will cut down so as to avoid the hangover from hell!

Hope everyone had a good NY and may 2011 be a happy one xx
  • romylou_2
    romylou_2 Posts: 432 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hi Swinstie

Happy New Year to you. Sorry I've not been on for a bit just to say I, but Ive now caught up with your diary. Im also going to subscribe to URG's as well. Ive been busy starting my own so feel free to have a look in.

I had to laugh when you wrote about the chocolates, Im exactly the same!!! I try to scoff the whole tin (and there have been plenty!) before starting the "Diet".:rotfl:

Good luck for 2011.
  • Swinstie73
    Options
    Hi all,

Well last day before back to work (or court, who knows), so just gonna relax for the day. Went up the town before I came home from OH's and got myself a nice new bra (was wearing wrong size - only got measured last year) and was told I was wearing the kind old women wear, so I had to buy the swanky new one. Not sure whether to deduct this from my 2011 clothes challenge or not as it's off my December wage as I don't work from 1st Jan to 31st Dec, but from pay-days.

I told myself I wasn't going to, but think will start a new diary (once I decide on a title), as this year has loads of challenges and plans afoot so I need a new start. So if anyone still reads I'll post a link once I've started the new thread.
  • romylou_2
    romylou_2 Posts: 432 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hi Swinstie

I agree, thinking of a catchy title for your diary is the hardest thing:rotfl:

Well one on splurging out on sexy undies. I really must clean out my drawers, however, can't find time just now and don't have money to replace the mismatched ones:(. I'll get around to it.

I hoped today was going to be my 2nd NSD today, but alas it has avoided me yet again (did weekly food shop today).

I may have been a bit optimistic when I proudly declared that I would do 15 days this month ......:o
  • Swinstie73
    edited 4 January 2011 at 8:04PM
    Options
    Link to new diary - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2958998

Can someone remind me how to change the link to the title??
  • Shoe_Gal
    Shoe_Gal Posts: 7,235 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Off to find you and subscribe :D
    Sometimes it's hard to walk in a single woman's shoes - that's why we need really special ones!
    Total debt @ Oct 2008: £29,226.42 Credit Card- £[STRIKE]7493.56[/STRIKE] - £7243.56
    Weightloss : 0/34lbs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family